Hackenberg signed by eagles

johnnyjet

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

No idea why. 

No risk move.  They have Wentz, Foles and Sudfeld. If Hackenberg shows anything they put him on the Practice Squad and perhaps next season when Foles is gone he may be able to compete for the back up spot. If he sucks, at the very least, they have someone who can take snaps in the final preseason game.

50 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Also did anyone see Chad Kelly the other night? Dude looked real real goood

That he did. I met his dad for the 1st time at my Drs. office. He was leaving as I was coming in. He had on an Ole Miss shirt and of course I had on my Bama jersey. We started to chat and he said his kid use to play for Miss and now plays for the Broncos. Hopefully the kid has matured and realizes what a golden opportunity he has in front of him. Wish him well.

As an early second round pick, the kids made a small Lotto win out of being terrible. It shows how poor NFL QB play is that he keeps getting signed.

He just doesn't have the stuff to make it. Sorry but I'm on the Sam train and I'm just not bothered about these loser QB's any more.

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Totally agree. We need another arm in camp especially if they're thinking of trading off Teddy.

Stop. Just stop. Trade Teddy now would be the most stupidest thing ever. One bad hit is all it takes to send everything down the toilet. May I remind you that our oline is suspicious at best?

7 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I wish we had him on the roster, somebody needs to come in for mop up duty. 

He’s more likely to have Hack mop up the bathroom in the locker room than put him in even if we were down 49-0 in the final preseason game.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wentz isnt playing in the preseason so they needed someone to take a beating in the ;th quarter of these games.  He will get cut the day after the 4th preseason game.

Eagles: Thanks for your service Hack. We’ll be in touch same time next year. 

73EF6344-F7C5-4E7D-BF54-C471D343D51E.jpeg

1 hour ago, BigO said:

He’s more likely to have Hack mop up the bathroom in the locker room than put him in even if we were down 49-0 in the final preseason game.

I don’t care who they use as long as Darnold isn’t out there getting hit by Walmart employees trying to prove they can play while being protected by KMart employees trying to block in the 4th quarter.

The oline is bad the back ups are ******* awful. 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t care who they use as long as Darnold isn’t out there getting hit by Walmart employees trying to prove they can play while being protected by KMart employees trying to block in the 4th quarter.

Here's the thing-Philadelphia signed him because they are limiting the snaps that Wentzel is seeing, and it is a decent bet that he won't start the season.

Foles has had neck soreness and has been limited.

Because of these ailments, there are more needed snaps in practice for a 4th qb, as well said mop up duty.

This is a vey different circumstance than the Jets, who have 2 qbs (Bridgewater and Darnold) that need extensive snaps in practice, and are not in the need for a 4th qb that would pirate some of those needed snaps and reps.

Entirely different situations.

12 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

No idea why. 

Captain in the 4th preseason game, revenge? philly is playing with house money...

Close to home for hack, will help launch his new insurance company (along with $4m of Jets money)

Good Luck

Stave was better in school and in practice last year if the Jets want a camp body  

21 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Captain in the 4th preseason game, revenge? philly is playing with house money...

Close to home for hack, will help launch his new insurance company (along with $4m of Jets money)

Good Luck

Stave was better in school and in practice last year if the Jets want a camp body  

Hack is from Virginia.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here's the thing-Philadelphia signed him because they are limiting the snaps that Wentzel is seeing, and it is a decent bet that he won't start the season.

Foles has had neck soreness and has been limited.

Because of these ailments, there are more needed snaps in practice for a 4th qb, as well said mop up duty.

This is a vey different circumstance than the Jets, who have 2 qbs (Bridgewater and Darnold) that need extensive snaps in practice, and are not in the need for a 4th qb that would pirate some of those needed snaps and reps.

Entirely different situations.

Getting your future QB or future high trade pick QB hurt in a bs meaningless game being played by guys desperate to make the team is a total Jets move. **** playing them late, get another QB in here. 

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Getting your future QB or future high trade pick QB hurt in a bs meaningless game being played by guys desperate to make the team is a total Jets move. **** playing them late, get another QB in here. 

Not going to happen, unless the Jets trade Bridgewater. The reps in practice, particularly if they envision Darnold as an early season starter are too valuable.

The Jets mitigated the opportunity for injury by having him primarily hand off in the 4th. 

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Very very true. We don’t need a repeat of the hit Sanchez took in the Snoopy Bowl. Solution: Put Jamaal Adams in there to QB the 4th quarter. Solves 2 problems. 

56 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not going to happen, unless the Jets trade Bridgewater. The reps in practice, particularly if they envision Darnold as an early season starter are too valuable.

The Jets mitigated the opportunity for injury by having him primarily hand off in the 4th. 

Regardless, he shouldn’t be in there with lineman that will be asking for his autograph after they’re cut the next day. 

Archived