Hackenberg signed by eagles

johnnyjet

7 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Stop. Just stop. Trade Teddy now would be the most stupidest thing ever. One bad hit is all it takes to send everything down the toilet. May I remind you that our oline is suspicious at best?

Did you actually read what I said ? I'm NOT advocating trading Teddy but if they are thinking of dealing him to recoup some draft picks I'd like to have another arm in camp. The sooner the better as he'd have time to pick up the system. I thought they'd bring someone in when Sam was holding out.

They are bringing him in for a look. They have 3 other Qbs so he might not even play in a pre-season game. If still on the team he might play in the final game against us. Bouncing around practice squads is not a great way to have a career. If I'm him I look to a league like the CFL or one of the new leagues starting next year. He needs to play and show what he can do in a game. 

13 hours ago, SR24 said:

Good for him. I’ll never understand all the Hackenberg hate. Kid was drastically overdrafted but seemed like a good locker room presence 

agreed !.. i wish him all the Best ...except vs us   ?

4 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Did you actually read what I said ? I'm NOT advocating trading Teddy but if they are thinking of dealing him to recoup some draft picks I'd like to have another arm in camp. The sooner the better as he'd have time to pick up the system. I thought they'd bring someone in when Sam was holding out.

Having another arm in the game also means having another arm in training camp, which eventually affects the reps they all get. 

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Bouncing around practice squads is not a great way to have a career. If I'm him I look to a league like the CFL or one of the new leagues starting next year. He needs to play and show what he can do in a game. 

Absolutely not.  You never go to a lesser league unless the NFL cuts you.  As long as you are in the NFL, the guys ahead of you can get hurt or suspended and you can have an opportunity to shine.  Even if you don't get into the game, some assistant coach might like you and when he moves  on  to a higher position on another team, he can speak up for you.

Never ever leave the league willingly if you want to play.

4 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Absolutely not.  You never go to a lesser league unless the NFL cuts you.  As long as you are in the NFL, the guys ahead of you can get hurt or suspended and you can have an opportunity to shine.  Even if you don't get into the game, some assistant coach might like you and when he moves  on  to a higher position on another team, he can speak up for you.

Never ever leave the league willingly if you want to play.

+1

Pretty sure the NFL pays way more money too. NFL has the best coaching and those coaches tend to move up and around.  If you can impress a QB coach, you have a good chance of getting taken along when he moves on.  

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

They are bringing him in for a look. They have 3 other Qbs so he might not even play in a pre-season game. If still on the team he might play in the final game against us. Bouncing around practice squads is not a great way to have a career. If I'm him I look to a league like the CFL or one of the new leagues starting next year. He needs to play and show what he can do in a game

As someone who has seen him play - I'm not convinced this is the best strategy for him...

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which also mitigated any worthwhile experience for Darnold.

Double-edged sword that.

He viewed defenses at the line of scrimmage-Positive

He took calls and worked within the huddle construct-Positive

He handles the ball (which there were some ball issues at USC)-Positive

He did this all, while the Jets kept him in a bubble.

Just because a qb is not passing (especially a rookie qb who missed some camp time), does not mean action is not worthwhile. It is all worthwhile at this point.

10 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

You actually want us to sign Hack after the eagles cut him?  I think I’d rather watch The Last Jedi again

18 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Stop. Just stop. Trade Teddy now would be the most stupidest thing ever. One bad hit is all it takes to send everything down the toilet. May I remind you that our oline is suspicious at best?

If some other team's starting QB goes down and they offer up a 2nd, you take it and don't look back.  You can always bring in another arm or 2. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

You actually want us to sign Hack after the eagles cut him?  I think I’d rather watch The Last Jedi again

WTF dude ? Where in my posts did I ever mention Hack ?  Please re read it again, S L o w l y .

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

He viewed defenses at the line of scrimmage-Positive

He took calls and worked within the huddle construct-Positive

He handles the ball (which there were some ball issues at USC)-Positive

He did this all, while the Jets kept him in a bubble.

Just because a qb is not passing (especially a rookie qb who missed some camp time), does not mean action is not worthwhile. It is all worthwhile at this point.

Of course this makes total sense.  Football players play.  Sometimes they get injured.  No kidding it they don't play they may never get hurt.  But they'll never get better without playing.  Not playing to avoid injury is crazy.  

Players get hurt playing with the 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s. 

Archived