Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Ads - Post here if there are any issues

Recommended Posts

So I just put an ad network back on the site. I had a direct ad up the past few weeks from one of our sponsors, but it was a freebie. Meaning it didn't bring in any money towards hosting or my lunch lol.

This network should be filling 100% of the ads and they have been very good in the past. I removed ALL mobile ads. We have had problems with redirects in the past, my hope is leaving mobile ads off will fix the issue.

At any rate, please post in here if there are any issues and I will address them.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Max. I was thinking about hiring MILE Social to rehabilitate my online #brand, but I’m concerned that consumers will still think my online #content is sh*t. Can you offer any advice? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, Maxman said:

So I just put an ad network back on the site. I had a direct ad up the past few weeks from one of our sponsors, but it was a freebie. Meaning it didn't bring in any money towards hosting or my lunch lol.

This network should be filling 100% of the ads and they have been very good in the past. I removed ALL mobile ads. We have had problems with redirects in the past, my hope is leaving mobile ads off will fix the issue.

At any rate, please post in here if there are any issues and I will address them.

Thanks.

Second redirect this morning. Different ad comes up

Samsung, chrome

 

Screenshot_20180828-081620.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 7:05 PM, Maxman said:

I took all the ads down.

Hm, maybe it's not a problem with the ad networks then.  It just happened to me again a minute ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Hm, maybe it's not a problem with the ad networks then.  It just happened to me again a minute ago.

 

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

Lots of redirects today. Using Chrome, Samsung galaxy s6.

Screenshot_20180904-205625.png

No I put them back up before. No problems in the few days there were down. The network told me it shouldn't be an issue.

I am really sorry about this guys, I feel bad. Definitely trying to fix this. I need ads to pay the monthly hosting and software costs. I know we can't have redirects...just doesn't make sense because we have mobile ads shut off.

Is this only happening on your phone?  Thanks and sorry, I will get it worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

 

No I put them back up before. No problems in the few days there were down. The network told me it shouldn't be an issue.

I am really sorry about this guys, I feel bad. Definitely trying to fix this. I need ads to pay the monthly hosting and software costs. I know we can't have redirects...just doesn't make sense because we have mobile ads shut off.

Is this only happening on your phone?  Thanks and sorry, I will get it worked out.

No worries.  Definitely gotta pay the bills somehow.

There is a similar board of well...  let's just say an opposing viewpoint than shared here, that uses a combo of ads and donations in order to have an ad-free experience.  Never had a redirect issue there.

Might be worth it to look into what network they use.

Also I only post on my phone.  Samsung S8 using Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No worries.  Definitely gotta pay the bills somehow.

There is a similar board of well...  let's just say an opposing viewpoint than shared here, that uses a combo of ads and donations in order to have an ad-free experience.  Never had a redirect issue there.

Might be worth it to look into what network they use.

Also I only post on my phone.  Samsung S8 using Chrome.

I have a proposal out for a direct ad sale. That is what we had the past three months, it is hard to find time to try and sell people but those are the best. We host the ads here and there are no issues. If that doesn't go through we were just contacted about running USA Today ads again. We did that here for a year or two back in the day and never had a single problem. They are supposed to get me ad tags this week.

Really would like to avoid the donation thing, we have done without it for 14 years. Hopefully we can keep the streak alive. I think the USA Today tags would work well, hopefully I can get it sorted out this week.

In the meantime I just switched to another network. They pay really low, but we haven't had problems with them in the past. Please let me know if you see any issues.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have a proposal out for a direct ad sale. That is what we had the past three months, it is hard to find time to try and sell people but those are the best. We host the ads here and there are no issues. If that doesn't go through we were just contacted about running USA Today ads again. We did that here for a year or two back in the day and never had a single problem. They are supposed to get me ad tags this week.

Really would like to avoid the donation thing, we have done without it for 14 years. Hopefully we can keep the streak alive. I think the USA Today tags would work well, hopefully I can get it sorted out this week.

In the meantime I just switched to another network. They pay really low, but we haven't had problems with them in the past. Please let me know if you see any issues.  Thanks!

Sounds good.

So do you sell ad space to private companies?  I have a site/service that I might be looking to advertise soon.  Better to pay you than someone else.

If so, would it also be possible to only have ads appear based on user location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Sounds good.

So do you sell ad space to private companies?  I have a site/service that I might be looking to advertise soon.  Better to pay you than someone else.

If so, would it also be possible to only have ads appear based on user location?

The answer to both is yes. Shoot me an email if you can, I would be happy to discuss it.  Thank You.

forums @ jetnation .com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I put the ads back up. Looks like the 300 x 250 that was in the top right was set on their end to show on mobile. We have all mobile ads off on this side. Looks like (hopefully) that was the issue.

I just put all the ads back, minus the 300 x 250 that goes in the top right. I will monitor it and they say that is fixed. But I want to run it without issue for a day or so first.

Please let me know if there are any problems.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, the site on my iPhone 8 with Safari is unusable due to the constant redirects - most currently to spreediscount.com for an "Amazon Rewards Event." Works fine on my laptop. Redirects occur with wifi and cellular, and I've adjusted relevant settings on my phone to Block Pop ups, reset cache/history, etc. to no avail. This has been occurring consistently for the last week.

*Disclaimer in case it matters, I'm a very long time lurker here and love the site/forums. Not trying to be a new rando coming in and b*tching about site, just relaying some info..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjsaus44 said:

Hi, the site on my iPhone 8 with Safari is unusable due to the constant redirects - most currently to spreediscount.com for an "Amazon Rewards Event." Works fine on my laptop. Redirects occur with wifi and cellular, and I've adjusted relevant settings on my phone to Block Pop ups, reset cache/history, etc. to no avail. This has been occurring consistently for the last week.

*Disclaimer in case it matters, I'm a very long time lurker here and love the site/forums. Not trying to be a new rando coming in and b*tching about site, just relaying some info..

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjsaus44 said:

It has stopped and working fine now with no redirects for me. Thanks!

Thanks. All it took is for me to remove all the ads.  :)

This is a problem across many ad networks, these rogue ads are slipping in and they are slow to fix it. I have two upcoming possibilites, we are waiting for tags for a major national company we used to work with. They will be high quality so that should work well.

And we are also talking to another company that does paid ads. Meaning we pay them but they get us high quality ads. With ads down completely, there is no revenue. So I don't mind paying a company that can fix this since the net will more than work out in the sites favor.

Really appreciate the patience everyone. I know it is frustrating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×