Trouble in Jax (with a Jets point twist)

JustInFudge

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

DAMN RIGHT. Throw them a 6th that turns into a 5th if he’s on the roster at a certain time next offseason!

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the logical trade to make, is bridgewater for one of their pass rushers.    

I think a player for player trade is more likely to happen. Nobody is given up a high pick for bridge right now. Maybe later is season. This is type of deal works for both teams.

Dante Fowler was recently activated from the physically unable to perform list, and he started back practicing Saturday.

However, that apparently won’t last long.

Fowler has already been suspended by the NFL for the first game of the season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, and he’ll serve another one-week suspension with Jacksonville, according to ESPN’s Michael DiRocco. The team suspended Fowler (and Jalen Ramsey) for violating team rules and conduct unbecoming of a Jaguars football player.

He'd fit right in around here 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed on Fowler. He may be a real douche, BUT Marrone and Coughlin are extreme hardos who will run off a guy who’s even a little bit a skid mark. Fowler would get the kid gloves here and he might respond in the short term. 

Yep and I think he knows, Yannick is getting the big money pay day in Jax and it wont be him. 

It's in everyone best interest to move him. 

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Screw that.  Bridgewater could be yielding a 2nd round pick if a QB goes down.  Fowler is barely worth a 5th.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wait until they cut fowler 

If he's an expendable player production wise and a headache no need to invest a trade for him 

Is this the guy on his 3rd wrist surgery in 2 years? 

I dont see the Jags cutting 10 sacks.  They'll figure out a way to keep before they cut him and Mac throws away picks like nothing, so why not? 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc needs to be on this and find out what it would take to acquire Fowler. Id do a 3rd for Fowler. 

I wouldn’t go that high.. he’s an injury prone malcontent and he’s not going to be with the team much longer. 

Low ball the sh*t out of them and make sure you give the Jags these reasons why.

If Ramsey can't handle the media in Jacksonville, how could be possibly handle the media in NY? You honestly don't think he'd be more of a distraction than anything here? Fowler's talented, just like Wilk, but a cancer in the locker room. Pass on both

Just now, Freemanm said:

If Ramsey can't handle the media in Jacksonville, how could be possibly handle the media in NY? You honestly don't think he'd be more of a distraction than anything here? Fowler's talented, just like Wilk, but a cancer in the locker room. Pass on both

Fowler and Ramsey would be fine here a change of scenery would do them both good. 

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

Plus he's suspended for a week. Having to spend a week off wandering around Jacksonville is just gonna drive that nutjob even more insane.

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wait until they cut fowler 

If he's an expendable player production wise and a headache no need to invest a trade for him 

Is this the guy on his 3rd wrist surgery in 2 years? 

He messed up his shoulder and had to start camp on the PUP list. Reporters said he "lost sizeable muscle mass in his upper body." He's also suspended the first game of the season for beating up a guy in a road-rage incident, and was once filmed facilitating a fight between his girlfriend and the mother of his child.

Anyway, we should trade whatever it takes to get him

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I wasnt suggesting going after Ramsey.  Just pointing out possibly the best defensive player in the league may his the open market.

Fowler is a wack job but I've never heard a cancer.  The Jags should have gone to the Super Bowl last year but the league cheats for the Patriots so not sure how much of a cancer he could be if they should have appeared in the Super Bowl last year.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

He messed up his shoulder and had to start camp on the PUP list. Reporters said he "lost sizeable muscle mass in his upper body." He's also suspended the first game of the season for beating up a guy in a road-rage incident, and was once filmed facilitating a fight between his girlfriend and the mother of his child.

Better than Darron Lee having to get pulled away from beating a girls face in at a concern for stepping on his J's. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

its called due dilligence pal

Just now, JiF said:

I wasnt suggesting going after Ramsey.  Just pointing out possibly the best defensive player in the league may his the open market.

Fowler is a wack job but I've never heard a cancer.  The Jags should have gone to the Super Bowl last year but the league cheats for the Patriots so not sure how much of a cancer he could be if they should have appeared in the Super Bowl last year.

2 star NFL players I doubt Jacksonville parts with either one but Macc should be on the phone. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Why must we continue to inherit other teams’ headaches?  That is exactly what the “same old Jets” with do.

I say screw them , and the horses they rolled into town with.

uggghhhh,.. we need pass rusherS   ?

33 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Why are you so quick to discard Teddy B? I think we need to keep him as the starter and make Josh a QB coach to mentor Sam, or hold on to him until someone blows the doors down with a trade offer, like a first and second or third next draft. I was really impressed with how Teddy commanded the offense Friday. Even though it was PS 1, he threw, ran,and looked great. Hold off and wait for someone to MAKES you trade him.

Archived