Jump to content
JiF

Trouble in Jax (with a Jets point twist)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Was a he a virus last year when the Jags should have gone to the Super Bowl and had the best Defense in the NFL last year? 

So then he's going to come to a significantly worse team with a much bigger market, pressure from the media, fans etc. And somehow completely turn a corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

Never said go after Jalen.  Just providing some info that he might hit the open market now instead of a big pay day from Jax.  Rare for the best defender in the league to hit the open market. 

And yes, go after Fowler.  It takes 2 to tango, he's not fighting on his own out there.  Some guys need a fresh start.  Fowler could be that guy.  His talent is worth it and this team is desperate for it.  The entire team just fought instead of practiced but we're worried about what exactly?  Fowler, might, start a fight? 

 

not worried he will start a fight but worried maybe he's not mature enough to know when to walk away from one/

So we have a player on a rookie contract who would rather sacrifice millions of dollars on contract 2 then walk away from a fight. Pretty smart guy there. Building a reputation does not get you far in the NFL just ask Terrell Owens and other players Like Dez Bryant who lost tons of money by being Idiots. Do we really want to add idiots to a team that can probably do just fine next year with 100 mil in cap space ? I think we can do better and would much rather have a guy like MAck than Fowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donte Fowler was rated only slightly higher than Darron Lee by PFF last year (58 v 44). I know one's inside, and the other's outside, and PFF isn't the bible when it comes to football stats. But I present that just as a reality check, because fans always get excited by guys on other teams that were high draft picks, yet who are actually just JAGs in disguise. I would rather try getting a second round pick for Bridgewater rather than Fowler. For a guy whose sole job on the Jacksonville defense seems to be to rush the QB, 8 sacks in 2017 is mighty mediocre production. Yeah, he's talented, but his NFL career so far has been one of underperformance. On top of that are the potential maturity issues. Do we really need another Sheldon Richardson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandy said:

So then he's going to come to a significantly worse team with a much bigger market, pressure from the media, fans etc. And somehow completely turn a corner?

I dont know what that has to do with calling him a cancer but sure, why not?  We've seen it happen before...players shaping up in a new environment.

All he would have to do is play Football, get double digit sacks like he did in Jax (as a rotational player) and he's a god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know what that has to do with calling him a cancer but sure, why not?  We've seen it happen before...players shaping up in a new environment.

All he would have to do is play Football, get double digit sacks like he did in Jax (as a rotational player) and he's a god. 

I miss Shaun Ellis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

not worried he will start a fight but worried maybe he's not mature enough to know when to walk away from one/

So we have a player on a rookie contract who would rather sacrifice millions of dollars on contract 2 then walk away from a fight. Pretty smart guy there. Building a reputation does not get you far in the NFL just ask Terrell Owens and other players Like Dez Bryant who lost tons of money by being Idiots. Do we really want to add idiots to a team that can probably do just fine next year with 100 mil in cap space ? I think we can do better and would much rather have a guy like MAck than Fowler

Apparently a lot of Jets players have the same problem: see Joint practices

Fowler isnt like TO and Dez.  He's not catching headlines for doing some me first diva sh*t on the sidelines.  He's catching headlines for being an idiot which I do think sometimes a change in scenery can help.  

I think 18 players in the league had double digit sacks and Fowler was one of them.  Jets fans are making it seem like you can just go buy one or draft one and it's the easy, which is bizarre if you follow this team.  

This team, is in fact, filled with idiots...so what's one more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I miss Shaun Ellis.

That traitor got arrested for smoking weed while speeding..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Donte Fowler was rated only slightly higher than Darron Lee by PFF last year (58 v 44). I know one's inside, and the other's outside, and PFF isn't the bible when it comes to football stats. But I present that just as a reality check, because fans always get excited by guys on other teams that were high draft picks, yet who are actually just JAGs in disguise. I would rather try getting a second round pick for Bridgewater rather than Fowler. For a guy whose sole job on the Jacksonville defense seems to be to rush the QB, 8 sacks in 2017 is mighty mediocre production. Yeah, he's talented, but his NFL career so far has been one of underperformance. On top of that are the potential maturity issues. Do we really need another Sheldon Richardson?

8 regular season + 2 in the AFCC vs. the Pats = 10 but still, 8 sacks would be good for 5 more than anyone on this roster. I'd take that for a 6th.

I think you also have to factor the projection here. IR rookie season.  4 sacks first year and was playing really well down the stretch, 10 sacks in his 2nd full year.  Who knows if he can get his head straight year?  That's the point.  I think it's worth it for a 6th round pick. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Plus he's suspended for a week. Having to spend a week off wandering around Jacksonville is just gonna drive that nutjob even more insane.

Strip mall madness. It’s a real condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JiF said:

8 regular season + 2 in the AFCC vs. the Pats = 10 but still, 8 sacks would be good for 5 more than anyone on this roster. I'd take that for a 6th.

I think you also have to factor the projection here. IR rookie season.  4 sacks first year and was playing really well down the stretch, 10 sacks in his 2nd full year.  Who knows if he can get his head straight year?  That's the point.  I think it's worth it for a 6th round pick. 

 

 

 

Compared to the crap we have at LB, Fowler is the next coming of Lawrence Taylor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JiF said:

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

Fowler for the win, baby! 

No chance JAX alienates Ramsey at the moment, for a litany reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JiF said:

All the buzz here in Jax, FL is the team suspensions of Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler. 

Jalen is taking his diva ways to the next degree.  Biggest Diva in the league.  Apparently, he's made an all out war on the media in Jax, had a private meeting with them to clear the air and it got nasty.  So then he had a private meeting with Coughlin and supposedly, that went even worse.  Lots of talk that he's not worth the headache and they're not going to give him a monster pay day.  Something to keep an eye on.  

And then on the more immediate tip and the Jets twist, Dante Fowler and Yannick Nagakoue fought at numerous different times on and off the practice field over the weekend.  The talks are, they cant even be in the same room anymore.  If I'm Big Mac, I'm calling Caldwell right now and floating a conditional pick for Fowler.  It would cost next to nothing right now.  Give him a trial run, see if he's a good boy and have first crack a contract extension if he plays his cards right.

I legit think a 5th maybe even a 6th rounder would get the job done and would do it in a heartbeat. 

I understand your trial run concept.

But please don't encourage the "STB" posters on the board... the kind that drool with their tongue out at every possible name player without thought to practicality or potential consequence.

The Jets have a good thing going.  I don't know enough about the Jaguars situation. But rest assured... whichever player Tom Coughlin is willing to part with is the guilty party.  Talented or not... the last thing the Jets need is a volatile, douchebag messing up the chemistry.  

One bad egg causing a few fights on the practice field can cause a whole lot more damage on game days. 

Now... Khalil Mack?  That is a good idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

 

gotta love him kicking the ball outta Deshauns hand@1:44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Fowler and Ramsey would be fine here a change of scenery would do them both good. 

Fowler would be a catastrophe here with Bowles letting him do whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigO said:

So what - Bowles will be history soon 

Have you seen the ownership?  They think 5-11 is worthy of an extension if Darnold plays well at all and we go 7-9 get used to your grandkids watching Bowles coach the jets

 

Oh and Dante Fowler is not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They need a QB but i'm not sure they know that...

 No deal. Fowler for Bridgewater is a no go🙅‍♂️ . Have them throw in a 3rd rounder and some Valium for Fowler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigO said:

 No deal. Fowler for Bridgewater is a no go🙅‍♂️ . Have them throw in a 3rd rounder and some Valium for Fowler 

Oh I wouldn't trade Bridgewater straight up for Fowler either. But there is a deal to be made there if the Jags realize that Bortles isn't the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Oh I wouldn't trade Bridgewater straight up for Fowler either. But there is a deal to be made there if the Jags realize that Bortles isn't the answer.

A monkey 🐒 knows Bortles isn’t the answer.  Bortles sucks. That Jag team is balanced on O and D. All they need is a decent game manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×