Rule: If you love Baker Mayfield, you hate Sam Darnold.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think Baker Mayfield is a generational talent. I could be absolutely wrong here, but I believe that's what I've been seeing.

Im talking one of the "all time greats" type potential. 

I've been riding this wagon for almost 3 years, might as well stay on and see where it goes. 

Im just loyal like that. 

props

I don't know about the rest of you but I came into all of this pretty ready to convince myself that any one of the QB's was our savior. 

They're all talented they all have a lot of potential, they're all worth investing time into. Picking between them was more a matter of taste than flat out making the right or wrong choice. We chose the gunslinger, I'm happy with him. But I'll be honest I could have convinced myself on every QB in the first, even Allen and Jackson.

1 hour ago, GATA-Bot said:

I never liked Mayfield, but I don't hate the guy. 

I'm just happy we got Sammy.

I like him at first, when I saw the dance vid, but after the crotch grab...  shrug...

rather not have to talk bout dat ish when the guy's my QB, right?

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I like him at first, when I saw the dance vid, but after the crotch grab...  shrug...

rather not have to talk bout dat ish when the guy's my QB, right?

Mayfield tried to out run 3 officers drunk. He couldn't read their blitz how is he supposed to read pros not gonna happen lol

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I preferred Mayfield.

Then Darnold.

Then Allen.

I hope Darnold proves me wrong, and his (very) early signs have thus-far been promising.

My biggest concern was his turnovers.  After Pennington, Sanchez and Geno, and everyone in between, I've seen enough Jets INT's to last a lifetime.

This is why I can't wait to see Darnold play (play, not just hand off an entire half) in PS Games #2 and #3, vs. legit NFL #1's.

No injuries (hope #1) behind this sh*t O-line, and no turnovers (hope #2).

THIS

I preferred Mayfield

Then Rosen, for some reason never even considered Allen

My main reasons for not wanting Darnold is because of the turnovers and the lack of experience. Just left a bad taste in my mouth because we have been down that road before.....I am glad to eat my words if the kid turns out to be something. I am growing a bit concerned about his accuracy with the long ball but that may be due to him playing with scrubs in practice and the last PS game. It just seems to be something that he needs to address and soon, he will need a long ball in order to win at this level. 

1 hour ago, Tony MaC said:

I don't know about the rest of you but I came into all of this pretty ready to convince myself that any one of the QB's was our savior. 

They're all talented they all have a lot of potential, they're all worth investing time into. Picking between them was more a matter of taste than flat out making the right or wrong choice. We chose the gunslinger, I'm happy with him. But I'll be honest I could have convinced myself on every QB in the first, even Allen and Jackson.

??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool. I've been siding with Baker since 2016 before folks knew the name Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield even. I'll be siding with him afterwards. 

He literally has me following Browns football. I liked what I seen from Darnold on Friday, the dude is talented, and to be just 21 years old, he literally reeks of talent. But he still has some work in front of him, mainly ball security. Darnold is most likely going to start for this football team sometime this year, if not, by week 1. If he can maintain ball security and play "Sam Darnold Football" then we may FINALLY see a guy dethrone Joe Namath as the face of this franchise. 

I think Baker Mayfield is a generational talent. I could be absolutely wrong here, but I believe that's what I've been seeing.

I've been riding this wagon for almost 3 years, might as well stay on and see where it goes. 

Im just loyal like that. 

I like Sam and Baker.  I am extremely happy we got one of them.    Total respect for your position here given how long you have liked Baker.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool. I've been siding with Baker since 2016 before folks knew the name Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield even. I'll be siding with him afterwards. 

He literally has me following Browns football. I liked what I seen from Darnold on Friday, the dude is talented, and to be just 21 years old, he literally reeks of talent. But he still has some work in front of him, mainly ball security. Darnold is most likely going to start for this football team sometime this year, if not, by week 1. If he can maintain ball security and play "Sam Darnold Football" then we may FINALLY see a guy dethrone Joe Namath as the face of this franchise. 

Im just loyal like that. 

Duplicate.   But I can state again that Sam and Baker will be top QBs in this league! it will be fun to watch them develop.

I like Baker Mayfield a lot, thought that he would be fine if we acquired him and will root for him to succeed.

With that said, I am really happy we have Sam Darnold.  Why?

Cause the guy eats, sleeps and pisses football.  Nobody is calling Sam out as to why he isn't one of the first players in the Jets training camp facility.

Also for example, PFF just critiqued Sam Darnold as the best QB performance in the entire NFL preseason last week, and it is extremely telling, despite it being "just a meaningless" preseason game, because PFF has touted Baker Mayfield as the best statistical QB ever to come out of college!

Under those circumstances it would have been easy for PFF to praise Baker's debut to justify their own rating system over Sam, since Baker played, IMO a heck of a game.

I only say this to say if you watch the tape which @Villain The Foe posted elsewhere you will see why Darnold is ALREADY a great QB and that the Jets and us as fans only have to give him a chance to grow and develop and not destroy him by rushing him to fast whatever the heck that really means...

Hate Baker; No......

But I loves me some Sam Darnold.......

Ummmmmm sounds a little weird but I will go with it for now.... :) 

Let's Go Jets!!!

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Skip Bayless is so so so so...so so so horrible. To try and rank who’s worse between him and Colin Cowherd is near impossible. 

...but honestly....I ****King mean honestly....Will Cain....honestly people. Honestly. I can’t. I can not even. 

They are all jokes. It’s just a funny trend.

9 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Duplicate.   But I can state again that Sam and Baker will be top QBs in this league! it will be fun to watch them develop.

I agree. I think I was overly critical of Sam given some things I seen from him, but mostly because he comes from USC. 

Alot of my thoughts were shaken given his performance on Friday. If he can keep it up we definitely got one for sure. 

Archived