La Canfora Observations from Practrice Today

Lith

7 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets once traded a fourth-rounder for Tim Tebow. 

Anyone trading for Bridgewater would want him as a potential starter.  

And they would not be willing to give much unless there was a handshake deal for more than a 1-year rental IMO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You replied to me, pal.

Then you bugged out over a butt fumble. 

Contemplate that sh*t.

I did reply...pal.  A infintile baby would have had a problem with someone saying Rodgers, Brady and Ben are considered douches and then buttfumble the comment.  Exactly what you did.  If you don't want people making comments in response to your posts start a blog page without a comment section.  Or grow up, I don't have time to weed through a small group of babies who don't want to hear a different take 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I did reply...pal.  A infintile baby would have had a problem with someone saying Rodgers, Brady and Ben are considered douches and then buttfumble the comment.  Exactly what you did.  If you don't want people making comments in response to your posts start a blog page without a comment section.  Or grow up, I don't have time to weed through a small group of babies who don't want to hear a different take 

I used the buttfumble emoji to let people know their joke wasn't funny. Your joke wasn't funny.

You're the one that took the buttfumble perosnal, then went and did retaliation buttfumbles to my posts - which signaled to me that you were ONCE AGAIN emo. So I replied "derp". Since then you've gone on a tirade.

You do this with pretty much everyone you interact with. Spare us all the attempts you'll surely make at convincing others this isn't a you problem.

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The best QB rooms in the league belong to the team with Rodgers, Brady, Ben, and Brees. Great for a decade+. 

Our situation is good, but let’s not be foolish. 

I don't think you understand the concept of "QB room." You are equating it to having the  best QBs. You could have an all time great QB and a QB room that is awful if the guys aren't getting along and helping each other grow. 

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m wondering if you can see the irony in whining about a buttfumble and then calling the buttfumbler an infantile baby in the same post. I’m thinking not. 

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think you understand the concept of "QB room." You are equating it to having the  best QBs. You could have an all time great QB and a QB room that is awful if the guys aren't getting along and helping each other grow. 

Having the best QB in the league automatically gives you the best QB room in the league. I don't think you understand the concept of a HOF QB versus a rookie, a retread and a reclamation project.

The argument made by the reporter was that we had 3 top 35 QBs. Not a harmonious room full of pals. You're not even considering the context of the original statement. 

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I used the buttfumble emoji to let people know their joke wasn't funny. Your joke wasn't funny.

You're the one that took the buttfumble perosnal, then went and did retaliation buttfumbles to my posts - which signaled to me that you were ONCE AGAIN emo. So I replied "derp". Since then you've gone on a tirade.

You do this with pretty much everyone you interact with. Spare us all the attempts you'll surely make at convincing others this isn't a you problem.

Wasnt a joke.  Nothing about those 3 being douches is funny.  

But thanks for feeling the need to tell everyone the non joke wasnt that funny.  Being the site monitor is what you do

The Jets, I firmly believe, have the best quarterback room in the NFL, and a luxury of riches at that position. They have three starting caliber quarterbacks ....... I could make the argument that they have three of the top 35 quarterbacks on the planet.

Top 35 isn't a compliment. Three of the top 35 means Foles makes the top 32 (starters) and Jets QBs take 33, 34, 35 spots meaning we have the three best backups.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasnt a joke.  Nothing about those 3 being douches is funny.  

But thanks for feeling the need to tell everyone the non joke wasnt that funny.  Being the site monitor is what you do

lol, oh well okay then.

19 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m wondering if you can see the irony in whining about a buttfumble and then calling the buttfumbler an infantile baby in the same post. I’m thinking not. 

Actually, I don't see it. Youre saying no one can question the use and if you do it makes you childish?  Giving a post a buttfumble for no reason is childish.  Give a reason

Funny, you told War that your comment would get the obligatory buttfumble, guess you don't like when it's used inappropriately either.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, I don't see it. Youre saying no one can question the use when odiously it was childish makes you childish?  When that originsl comment gets the bf, it's childish.  

Funny, you told War that your comment would get the obligatory buttfumble, guess you don't like when it's used inappropriately either.  

Nope. I don’t care. Was just pointing out that I recognized he was dropping one on every one of my posts that day. Figured I was doing him a favor by noticing. 

Inappropriately? It’s an emoji on a message board. 

Just now, slats said:

Nope. I don’t care. Was just pointing out that I recognized he was dropping one on every one of my posts that day. Figured I was doing him a favor by noticing. 

Inappropriately? It’s an emoji on a message board. 

I get it, not a big deal but the emoji has been overused.  Inappropriate as in it didn't make sense, if I type something stupid I expect the bf emoji.  But saying Rodgers, Ben & Brady are DBs isn't where I would expect to get that response.  Nothing more

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Having the best QB in the league automatically gives you the best QB room in the league. I don't think you understand the concept of a HOF QB versus a rookie, a retread and a reclamation project.

The argument made by the reporter was that we had 3 top 35 QBs. Not a harmonious room full of pals. You're not even considering the context of the original statement. 

Again, you don't understand the difference between "QB room" and "QB Talent." When they refer to QB room, they are literally referring to the ROOM the QBs have meetings and go over plays etc.. 

No one is suggesting the combo of TB/Mccown/Darnold is anywhere near as TALENTED or capable of winning games as Rodgers/Trash/Trash.

36 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who would possibly care about the latter?

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Again, you don't understand the difference between "QB room" and "QB Talent." When they refer to QB room, they are literally referring to the ROOM the QBs have meetings and go over plays etc.. 

No one is suggesting the combo of TB/Mccown/Darnold is anywhere near as TALENTED or capable of winning games as Rodgers/Trash/Trash.

lol, the writer set the meaning in his piece. I replied within context. you are creating a different context.

you're on your own... and I give no ****s about whatever point you think you're making

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Would love if they stopped w the trade talk. If Darnold starts, they still need a good back up  in Bridgewater and regardless of the 10MM McCown is there to coach/mentor/groom. 

Jets fans: QBs get hurt all around the league, we can trade them Teddy

Also Jets fans: We have Sam, we don't need a backup

I mean, it's funny, but not.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets fans: QBs get hurt all around the league, we can trade them Teddy

Also Jets fans: We have Sam, we don't need a backup

I mean, it's funny, but not.

Teddy is on a 1 yr deal, he's not going to be back in 2019 so we can hold onto him and get nothing back or move him if we get a decent offer.

If we were expected to be a contender it would make sense to hold on to him as insurance if Darnold got hurt but that's not the expectation.  Things can change quickly and maybe we will compete?  But the wise move would be to move him if we get a decent offer which may not happen.

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The best QB rooms in the league belong to the team with Rodgers, Brady, Ben, and Brees. Great for a decade+

Our situation is good, but let’s not be foolish. 

I love the Jets situation but I have to agree.

The thing I came away with was the thought of trading McCown instead of TB. Imagine someone other than the Jets wants McCown? Yeah yeah he's a vet and all that but why would anyone take that 10mil off our hands? If any QB is traded it will be TB. Imagine they trade Darnold? Holy sh*t the server would breakdown on this Board if that happened.

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

^^Bingo

A good QB room means that they are in Conference Room A with the widescreen and reclining chairs. Not that sh*tty Conference Room C next to the ice machine.

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, I don't see it. Youre saying no one can question the use and if you do it makes you childish?  Giving a post a buttfumble for no reason is childish.  Give a reason

2fvo13.jpg

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

And they would not be willing to give much unless there was a handshake deal for more than a 1-year rental IMO

Disagree. The reason why Teddy, if he looks the part and stays healthy, would bring in a nice package of picks is that a team gains tools to keep him. Essentially, if a team trades for Bridgewater they can have a 25/26 year old starting caliber QB for 2 seasons at $36 Million which would be below market value if the team uses the franchise tag. 

Obviously, an injury to a starter raises his value but there are other teams that could use him as it stands. Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Denver don’t even need an injury and could all be landing spots for Bridgewater. If an injury occurs for the Saints, Chargers, Dolphins, Titans, Bengals or Giants then Bridgewater might end up in a place willing to pay more because they’ll likely try to keep him after the season. Teams like the Vikings (ironically enough), Lions, Panthers, Washington, Texans, Rams and Chiefs would also scramble for a starter because they’re in win-now mode if an injury occurs. 

My point is that Bridgewater is an asset and is trending towards being a starter in this league again. It won’t happen here but it might happen soon and I think a lot of people are underestimating how much he’s worth.

Darnold hasn't has his first beer yet and hasn't taken a single regular season snap.  Lifetime Record 0-0

Bridgewater hasn't played in a game that counts in most of two years after the worst leg injury since Theismann.  Lifetime Record 17-11

McCown is a career 33% winner whose played for 391 different teams, and is a darn nice guy.  Lifetime Record 23-50

"Best QB Room in the NFL".

:-k

Yeah, gonna go with "not yet..."

Not even top 10 yet, probably not top 20 yet.

Don't sportwriters/papers rank this stuff?  Are any of them putting us at #1?

For me, if Josh McCown is named the opening day starter we need a new Head Coach. I know most people think that anyway already. If they want to start the season with Teddy than that's fine, I can live with that. But if Darnold continues to look good in training camp and the preseason games there is no reason he should not be starting from week 1.

Josh McCown being the opening day starter would be a terrible decision and sends such an awful message to the fanbase when you have two young QBs on your roster who look good. Don't give me the journeyman guy whose 39 years old with a 23-50 record at QB.

JAX has a playoff-ready team that is one hit away from being a basement-dweller.  DEN might be zero hits away from the same thing depending on what they think of Case Keenum at the moment.  

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-case-keenum-fizzles-in-preseason-debut

There are a half-dozen other teams that have playoff aspirations and absolute crap at the backup QB slot (LA Rams, are you listening?).  I am fairly comfortable that inquiries will come in sooner rather than later.  Whether they turn into offers that are enough to pry TB away I can't say.  But it's a great situation to be in since we have the luxury of waiting.

Honestly, is there another QB as good as Teddy that is likely to be available in the next few weeks?  No names come to mind for me...

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Teddy is on a 1 yr deal, he's not going to be back in 2019 so we can hold onto him and get nothing back or move him if we get a decent offer.

If we were expected to be a contender it would make sense to hold on to him as insurance if Darnold got hurt but that's not the expectation.  Things can change quickly and maybe we will compete?  But the wise move would be to move him if we get a decent offer which may not happen.

I’d rather Bridgewater for a yr as a relevant back up w the small chance he’d resign given there wouldn’t be teams offering him a starting job next yr vs a 5th rounder and him not on the roster this yr.

Just now, HessStation said:

I’d rather Bridgewater for a yr as a relevant back up w the small chance he’d resign given there wouldn’t be teams offering him a starting job next yr vs a 5th rounder and him not on the roster this yr.

Agreed.  I wouldn't give him away for anything less than a Day 2 pick at least and I'm not sure I'd do it for just a third.  Either a team will get desperate and a serious offer will come in or it won't and we lose nothing and have great depth.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't consider a 5th rounder a decent pick in return but if someone offered a 3rd that could turn into a 2 based on playing time or something similar I'd move him.

I like Teddy, I was ridiculed for saying last season if he was let go by minny I'd like the Jets to sign him.  I'd hate to get rid of him but if Sam is staying day 1 and Teddy is gone after this year you have to look at moving him.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not to mention Bridgewater is beloved by his coaches and teammates, let that type of attitude influence and rub off on Darnold for a yr. based solely on Darnolds development alone, I’d keep Bridgewater and McCown on the team vs a late rd pick

Mccown is more than beloved by teammates and coaches and can still be a quality backup for a few seasons.  I don't want to move Teddy but if we get a decent offer I think they have to.

Archived