Sign in to follow this  
jetstream23

Free Beer for Browns Fans after 1st Victory

Rate this topic

Classic!

Fans to get free beer with Browns' first victory

There will be a celebration on tap when the Cleveland Browns win their first regular-season game: Fans will get free beer.

Anheuser-Busch, whose Bud Light brand is the official beer of the NFL and 28 of its 32 teams, including the Browns, on Tuesday will begin placing eight-foot "Victory" fridges filled with Bud Light bottles into 10 Cleveland-area bars that purchased them.

When the clock strikes zero on the Browns' first win -- their last win was in Week 16 of the 2016 season against the San Diego Chargers -- the electromagnet that keeps the fridges locked will be turned off through a WiFi connection, opening all of them for fans to enjoy free of charge.

Andy Goeler, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, said the brand and the team wanted to do something special to reward the loyalty of the fans, just like the company had when it fulfilled its promise to Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson and guaranteed a beer for every fan at bars along the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade route.

The idea of celebrating the first win might have seemed like a touchy subject, but team officials embraced it.

"Obviously, we are nowhere near satisfied with our win totals in recent seasons, and our fans deserve much better," said Browns chief operating officer Dave Jenkins. "While some may characterize it as celebrating one victory, we view this as an opportunity to thank Browns fans for their unwavering support while also looking forward to our goal of rewarding Cleveland with a consistently winning football team."

In order to be eligible for the 200 to 300 16-ounce aluminum bottles inside each fridge, a fan has to be inside the bar when the clock strikes zero, just to ensure that person is already carded and is of legal drinking age.

r414395_400x600_2-3.jpg&w=267

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24372118/fans-get-free-beer-cleveland-browns-first-victory-season

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Free bud light that's just cruel lol

Spaten  ROCKS !  😎..

image-16682-galleryV9-dbjr.jpg

DSCN1282.JPG

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Why the hell is Bud Light so popular?

I’m not even a beer snob in the least. I drink regular, good old Bud Heavy fairly often, especially in the summer.

But light beer is ridiculous. If you’re that worried about calories, then jam in a tampon and drink a glass of wine ya pussy.

They are giving it awAy for free?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They are giving it awAy for free?

Not only giving it away for free, but giving it away in a free-for-all. The win happens, the doors unlock, and the crowd in the bar who are already drinking and wound up all charge the refrigerator - I smell lawsuit....

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’m not even a beer snob in the least. I drink regular, good old Bud Heavy fairly often, especially in the summer.

But light beer is ridiculous. If you’re that worried about calories, then jam in a tampon and drink a glass of wine ya pussy.

Best of all, you have to wash it down with something to take that disgusting Bud Lite taste out of your mouth.

5 Lifesavers ought to do the trick, but at 10 calories apiece you're back up to the same calories as any decent regular beer instead of this carbonated piss.

And of course all the media robots are parroting “Hey, Jets week 3!” This morning. I’m so tired of the “experts” taking pot shots. Won’t stop til the worm turns...but I’ve got a very good feeling that it’s coming.

its better than Miller lite which a lot of people drink

original coors and miller high life are decent beers, they should be more popular

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

" Why the hell is Bud Light so popular ? ".. 1 reason...

people_dont_come_to_these_restaurants_fo

cheers ~ ~ 

2 minutes ago, kelly said:

" Why the hell is Bud Light so popular ? ".. 1 reason...

people_dont_come_to_these_restaurants_fo

cheers ~ ~ 

Do they have someone else poor the other beers? 

One reason Bud light is so popular is that most beer is consumed by children under 30. It's very much like a beer cooler.

1 hour ago, Gunnails said:

If you were to fill a cooler with the most popular beer in America, guess what beer it would be?

well,.. 

beer-trough.jpg

9 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Do they have someone else poor the other beers? 

One reason Bud light is so popular is that most beer is consumed by children under 30. It's very much like a beer cooler.

" Do they have someone else poUr the other beers ? "... well,  

Cosby-as-a-Bartender.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Haven’t Browns fans suffered enough to not have to drink swine piss to celebrate a victory?

Also, will that beer still be good next year?

" Haven’t Browns fans suffered enough to not have to drink swine piss to celebrate a victory ? ".. yes.. but, then, so have we   😭

" Also, will that beer still be good next year ? ".. no. it's NOT good now... or any other time  😎

Even though the article isn't about the stadium, I remember going to a Browns' game when they beat the Giants on Monday night. Everyone was wasted and there were more brawls than a Reskins-Jets joint practice.  The main reason I don't like going to games is because people get way too drunk and it's not fun to be around a bunch of drunk idiots.