Visit from the UK

British Jet

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but my wife and I are travelling over from the UK for the home opener against the Dolphins. I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to make the most of the experience. Is the tailgate a good shout before the game etc? (Keep an eye out for my UK Jets flag, I'll be the one giving Fireman Ed a run for his money in the loud chanting stakes).

Does the team practice on the Friday before a game? Wouldn't mind trying to grab an autograph or two if I hang around outside One Jets Drive ?

Thanks all

35 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Does the team practice on the Friday before a game? Wouldn't mind trying to grab an autograph or two if I hang around outside One Jets Drive ?

Practices are closed during the season. 

By all means, get to the game early and enjoy the tailgating. Even if you're not a big drinker yourself, you'll have fun walking around the parking lot and checking out the crazies. 

And yeah, don't know how long you're staying but take advantage of NYC. Take in some world-class food and/or some outstanding street food. Walk the Highline, experience Central Park. If you like museums, NYC has some of the best. 

Get to the game early there's a ton of ppl that have Tailgates. It should be fun look out for JN's, Klines & TailgateJoe. Plus if you go to the Game Day Thread I'm sure you can meet up with some JNers as well. 

Like previously mentioned stay in nyc & not near met life. It’s pretty easy to get there by train on game days. I’m from out of town and recently stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel in mid town near Grand Central station. Pretty reasonably priced for nyc, nice rooftop bar & no bed bugs. If your a meat eater, make a reservation today at peter lugars steakhouse in Brooklyn. Best steak house in the city & pretty easy to get to even though in Brooklyn. Enjoy the game. Also, If you happen to run into Woody Johnson in the UK, please kick him in the nuts on behalf of all jets fans.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Soho for dinner or lunch
... Or Keens .. my fav Steakhouse in NYC.

Highline for hike.

Live jazz/blues on Bleeker

Helicopter Ride around NYC

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

i was with you until the helicopter ride. Bring your swim suit... :)

What sort of things do you like to do? 

P.S. London can give NY a run for its money re museums...

22 hours ago, British Jet said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but my wife and I are travelling over from the UK for the home opener against the Dolphins. I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to make the most of the experience. Is the tailgate a good shout before the game etc? (Keep an eye out for my UK Jets flag, I'll be the one giving Fireman Ed a run for his money in the loud chanting stakes).

Thanks all

I posted this about a year ago for another Jets fan that was going to visit NYC and see the Jets.

Here, this may be helpful :D:

On August 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Times Square SUCKS and is a Tourist Trap that will burn your wallet faster than a case of Da Clap after getting close to the exhibitionist "Desnudas" whores in Father Duffy Square (by the Red Steps 0where slackers rest on their laurels begging for money).

(The underlined are links to the respective websites for the establishments.

You want a GREAT CRAFT BEEER BAR near Times Square: Beer Culture on West 45th St b/t 8th & 9th Ave 

You want a SOLID STEAK DINNER near Times Square: Gallaghers Steak House on West 52nd St. b/t Broadway and 8th Ave.

BEST STEAK IN NYC: A ) Peter Luger's on 178 Broadway in SOUTH Williamsburg, BROOKLYN, NY - make reservations NOW to get a table THEN.

B )  St.Anselm on Metropolitan Ave in SOUTH Williamsburg, BK 

REALLY good SEAFOOD near Time Square: Grand Central Oyster Bar & Seafood Restaurant - Subterranean Level of Grand Central Train Station E. 42nd ST. between Madison Ave & Park Ave. 

Things To DO:

NYC Museums: The Metroplitan Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Natural History Museum, The Sex Museum, The NEW Whitney Museum (American Modern Art) and then walk the Highline, The Guggenheim, Central Park Zoo, The Cloisters Monastery 

Walk around the West Village and Meatpacking District to see a POST-gentrified industrial zone that is now obnoxiously pretentious and oblivious to the REAL world (see beautiful entitled rich people bitch about tedious things)

Buy cocaine or marijuana :lol: in Manhattan Valley by Columbia University and then walk around either and near by Riverside Park, Central Park, or Morningside Park. Those 20 year olds sitting on building stoops with spandex-like tight pants halfway down their thighs = Street Corner Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs aka Drug Dealers. :D

Feel the sensation of DAGGERS IN YOUR EYES by attending a LIVE game at the garden: Knicks Tickets

Live Jazz AFTER HOURS: Dizzy Coca Cola Club, Birdland (have Zoe seat you), Smoke Jazz Club

ChinaTown

Annoying protests and NYU students rallying against SOMETHING: Union Square Park  

Take a Ferry to Staten Island for the views of the Upper Bay of NY Harbor but DO NOT get off b/c their's nothing to do there. Just stay on the ferry to return to Manhattan. Ferry to Ellis Island or to Lady Liberty 

Rockefeller Center and 5th Ave since it'll be lit up for Christmas by November.

Hope this helps. 

Archived