Is Terrele Pryor a little beotch?

BornJetsFan1983

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I thought he got a pretty big contract in Washington..no?

Not particularly.  He got $6M with escalators for another $2M if he got like 80/1300/10 that he did not sniff.  DeSean Jackson got 3/$35M with 20 guaranteed and Garcon 5/$50M with yards and $17M guaranteed.  He thought with another good season he could get elite money in 2019.  He (correctly) didn't see that happening in Cleveland, and (incorrectly) bet on being able to succeed in DC with Cousins.

Terrelle Pryor Bet on Himself and Lost, but He’s Still the Same Wideout He Was in Cleveland

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The fake punch, yapping and all is typical macho bullsh*t posturing, but I can understand Swearinger and these guys wanting a piece of Pryor.  Even if Pryor isn't a total douche. Gruden wouldn't let them hit Pryor and Breland got in trouble for bumping him at the line in practice.  Pryor supposedly made a bunch of showboat moves and one-hand grabs, all while the D wasn't allowed to hit him.  Now, top that off with Pryor making $8M last year and guys thinking he was dogging it when he wasn't badly injured.  Meanwhile, Swearinger was playing his ass off for a $6M guarantee over 3 years.  Doesn't excuse the actions, but does explain the anger.

this makes sense to me...If true, I hope he stands up for himself on our team and doesn't act like an a hole behind the scenes, but those guys on the skins have no respect for him, and if he is going to be a big part of our offense like I want him to, he needs our guys to respect him as a player and man (one week its a fake punch next week its geno jaw is broken).

It totally could just be as described above or just overblown and no big deal .. but no one wants a wuss on their team and it may seem antiquated to some of our posters, but its true, respect if big part of the game.

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Seriously the Redskins DB is the one who came across looking like an AHole in that situation and if I were HC he would be suspended from the game tomorrow. This is their job, a professional environment, not JV football. The only guy coming across as a pussy is Jay Gruden for clearly not being able to control his team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's a contact sport. There's a mental aspect as well. It's a d-bag move but whatever, I get it. Really no different than Nick Diaz dropping his hands in front of an opponent and talking sh*t.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wtf? I'm reading these reports about him flinching to a fake punch from his his former team and how he was a protected player....look if people see that then there is probably a whole bunch of other stuff going that we don't hear about.

For all the talk about freak athlete, sounds pretty weird to me. Some guys are little more soft-spoken and others are legit pussies. Seems like a tough business to be in if you are the latter.

Maybe the scuffles were Jets players having his back? Or maybe worse our team didn't have his back.

Anyone have insight? Did we get a big wuss?

I was really hoping him and enuwa were going to be our 6 plus receivers with robbie, that would impose on other teams with size and toughness.

CRAP THREAD

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** is Manish talking about?  That wasn't a cheap shot.  It was just a low tackle.  Swearinger looked like he could have been slipping before he got there.

If that was a cheap shot then there are probably 25 a game. 

Uh, no. You ask 100 players, 100 players will say that is as dirty as it gets.  It's one thing to go low on someone, it's a completely different thing when they aren't even looking in your general direction.   Keller has zero chance to do something to avoid a destroyed knee.  

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Uh, no. You ask 100 players, 100 players will say that is as dirty as it gets.  It's one thing to go low on someone, it's a completely different thing when they aren't even looking in your general direction.   Keller has zero chance to do something to avoid a destroyed knee.  

Totally agree that Keller has no chance, disagree that it is automatically some kind of cheap shot.  IMO if you ask 100 players 100 will say that they have tackled like that - unless they are offense, then they will say that have been tackled like that.  I don't believe the DB knew Keller wasn't going to be turned around by the time he got there. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Totally agree that Keller has no chance, disagree that it is automatically some kind of cheap shot.  IMO if you ask 100 players 100 will say that they have tackled like that - unless they are offense, then they will say that have been tackled like that.  I don't believe the DB knew Keller wasn't going to be turned around by the time he got there. 

I don't know. Reality is most of us view these videos through rose colored non-players on the Internet-colored glasses. The game moves a lot slower for these guys than it does for us. It's not as millisecond/uncontrollable as we think it is. A professional can definitely see that coming.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is what it is.  Pro athletes have ELITE reactionary skills, that's what makes them different, among other things, then the general world population.  I have a very hard time believing he "mistimed" it that poorly. Whether or not he intended to wreck his knee is certainly debatable.  

To each their own. 

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It is what it is.  Pro athletes have ELITE reactionary skills, that's what makes them different, among other things, then the general world population.  I have a very hard time believing he "mistimed" it that poorly. Whether or not he intended to wreck his knee is certainly debatable.  

To each their own. 

Best example I think that exists with this stuff is Olympic level wrestlers. Those guys would double leg you before you even knew what happened, but they do it on each other and they can sprawl or stuff it no problem. Top level guys in any sports can recognize moments instantaneously. I see that Keller video and I see enough of a moment for the DB to realize he's diving right at the side of the knee, and for a guy at that level there's gotta be enough of a window for him to not plow that shoulder into it and he still does it. Factor in the posturing he did this past week and that's enough for me.

But hey, such is football. Such is any sport that involves combat. By the time you get to that type of level you should be well aware that some guys just wanna end you out there. The Albert Haynesworths of the world are very real. If you're not cool with that then you shouldn't be playing.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are you looking to die on this Pryor hill?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Swearinger has been a complete trash talking, cheap shotting d-bag since his Gamecock days.  He deserves zero benefit of the doubt.  

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Best example I think that exists with this stuff is Olympic level wrestlers. Those guys would double leg you before you even knew what happened, but they do it on each other and they can sprawl or stuff it no problem. Top level guys in any sports can recognize moments instantaneously. I see that Keller video and I see enough of a moment for the DB to realize he's diving right at the side of the knee, and for a guy at that level there's gotta be enough of a window for him to not plow that shoulder into it and he still does it. Factor in the posturing he did this past week and that's enough for me.

But hey, such is football. Such is any sport that involves combat. By the time you get to that type of level you should be well aware that some guys just wanna end you out there. The Albert Haynesworths of the world are very real. If you're not cool with that then you shouldn't be playing.

Yep...awareness, anticipation, difference makers in pro sports. A lot of football(soccer) players talk of how ‘the first 10 yards is in your head’ and it’s that kind of thing you are talkiing about here. Like you said the game is way slower for them for that reason and as a result it’s very rare that they dion’t know what they are doing on any play

15 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yep...awareness, anticipation, difference makers in pro sports. A lot of football(soccer) players talk of how ‘the first 10 yards is in your head’ and it’s that kind of thing you are talkiing about here. Like you said the game is way slower for them for that reason and as a result it’s very rare that they dion’t know what they are doing on any play

Right. Exactly. There's a reason Rafael Devers can go yard on a 103 mph pitch and I can't. We're not remotely the same thing. He reacts differently than I do, and me judging his capabilities based on my own is preposterous.

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

If Quincy is in fact healthy, Pryor is a 3/4 WR in this group. He was asked to be the man in a Washington, here he's just a cog in the WR wheel. I don't think we'll be complaining when he runs a short underneath route & uses his 4.4 speed in the open field. 

It might be after Robbie smokes a DB for a long TD, Kearse catches a few 1st downs on 3rd down, sitting in zones, Quincy forearm shivers a CB to the ground with his 225 LB frame to gain an extra 8 yards, our TEs are running free in the seams and Powell, Crowell & Cannon are scooting around with swing passes & stretch runs. 

Should be the perfect moment for a quick slant that Pryor takes 65 yards for a TD to evoke opposing fans to claim, "damn, the Jets have a lot of weapons this year!". 

I love the preseason

Making fun of the flinching is stupid , I don’t care if your Mike Tyson in his prime , of someone sneaks up on you and pretends to swing at you your going to flinch ...anyone should understand that . 

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And it’s a freaking preseason game.  Felt bad for Keller. Liked the guy. Basically ruined his livelihood.  Although I read he’s doing ok. 

Archived