RG Brian Winters out for rest of Preseason

Gas2No99

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yep. I just looked it up, neither new guy has experience (college, or pros) at OT.  We’re doomed. 

Yeah Braden is a PS player. They only have 2 healthy tackles with nfl playing experience and they have a game tomorrow 

Oy 

Dozier played LT in college, so maybe he gets a look there. I think he has taken some Tackle reps in camp also.

Qvale is a decent reserve, but not an ideal LT. If he has to play significant snaps there in real games, it could be dangerous.

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Dozier played LT in college, so maybe he gets a look there. I think he has taken some Tackle reps in camp also.

Qvale is a decent reserve, but not an ideal LT. If he has to play significant snaps there in real games, it could be dangerous.

I thought Qvale looked ok at LT last week

Dozier will be the full time RG once this injury for Winters flares up

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just percautionary 

Precautionary my azz. How do you put a new system in (zone blocking) without PRACTICE? This sucks balls & Winters is a perfect example of what I said about this Jet organization overpaying average players. There were a lot of guards available in the beginning of free agency. Was Macc in Texas when David Carr got killed? 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Precautionary my azz. How do you put a new system in (zone blocking) without PRACTICE? This sucks balls & Winters is a perfect example of what I said about this Jet organization overpaying average players. There were a lot of guards available in the beginning of free agency. Was Macc in Texas when David Carr got killed? 

Our OL is not that bad you guys are in the vortex now and there’s no bigger critic of Mac than me

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our OL is not that bad you guys are in the vortex now and there’s no bigger critic of Mac than me

It's getting pretty damn thin. That's what happened in Indy & Luck got his azz pounded. This is not good. Macc better be beating the bushes for some guys & like someone else posted it might have to be a guy a bit over the hill but with experience to. Hold the fort. 

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I thought Qvale looked ok at LT last week

Dozier will be the full time RG once this injury for Winters flares up

I'm much less worried about the guard position ... I think Dozier filled in well for Winters when needed last year, and will hopefully benefit from any improvement we get at the center position.

LT is always a bigger worry, but I find it interesting that nothing really came up about this until one of our backups went down - where was the "defcon 2" panic when Beachum (our actual starter) was hurt?

When all is said and done, it'll be on the coaches to ensure that we game plan to protect Darnold - use his mobility to our advantage, and don't have him standing in the pocket for 6-7 seconds, get the ball out quick and take what is there. I think we saw quite a bit of this vs. Atlanta, and they took a low-risk approach in the second half to limit his exposure to danger.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Hey, Mr Positive, relax.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, Mr Positive, relax.

I'm very positive but just a few injuries on your Oline can be a disaster. You want to go against Von Miller & Chubb with backups? Good luck! Vikings? Texans? 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's getting pretty damn thin. That's what happened in Indy & Luck got his azz pounded. This is not good. Macc better be beating the bushes for some guys & like someone else posted it might have to be a guy a bit over the hill but with experience to. Hold the fort. 

My only concern is LT because Beachum’s foot.  Qvale played LT last week looked capable at least in pass pro but it was against a vanilla D in the preven with no blitzing so we will see

rest of the offensive line the starters range from average to ok

5 hours ago, jamesr said:

I'm much less worried about the guard position ... I think Dozier filled in well for Winters when needed last year, and will hopefully benefit from any improvement we get at the center position.

LT is always a bigger worry, but I find it interesting that nothing really came up about this until one of our backups went down - where was the "defcon 2" panic when Beachum (our actual starter) was hurt?

When all is said and done, it'll be on the coaches to ensure that we game plan to protect Darnold - use his mobility to our advantage, and don't have him standing in the pocket for 6-7 seconds, get the ball out quick and take what is there. I think we saw quite a bit of this vs. Atlanta, and they took a low-risk approach in the second half to limit his exposure to danger.

This is why I wanted to sign Solder in the offseason.  Giants got him instead.  Hopefully either Beachum is ready by week 1 and or Qvale continues to look ok

Archived