Wow! Defense looks atrocious

Dcronin

Yea the D is concerning.

NO pressure

NO sacks

Bad tackling

in one play #36 just stood there and let a guy, who was making a nice run, get right past him. No attempt to even try to tackle him wtf

BUT on the bright side they didn't score much on us. 15 points. decent red zone

54 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yea the D is concerning.

NO pressure

NO sacks

Bad tackling

in one play #36 just stood there and let a guy, who was making a nice run, get right past him. No attempt to even try to tackle him wtf

BUT on the bright side they didn't score much on us. 15 points. decent red zone

Fire Bowles

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

quick name Washington's #1 WR without looking it up 

TBH I don't I could do it. 

The Falcons 1st team played 3 snaps and the Redskins stink out loud. 

We are not allowed to evaluate our first team defense stinking against the Redskins first team offense I love it

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, I think Leo, Lee and Adams were the "safe" picks for a team devoid of NFL talent, more foundational players than superstars and that's fine with me as long as the Jets find a spark to light this candle, hopefully next year as Sam develops.

IMHO every pick for the next two years should be on offense, I am done investing in this D, pass rush or not they can find their own way until the Jets bring in a real DC to run the defense (I would welcome Rex as the DC at this point)

Darron Lee is HORRIBLE 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

On the subject of tackles, If Luvu ever learns to tackle without his helmet, he's got a chance to stick.  Kid's got a motor.  

one of those was roughing the passer where he drove the qb into the ground. Like the way we were all taught about 35 yrs ago. I like the kid reminds of the older school linebackers

Our defensive minded HC can’t develop a Polaroid. I’d like to see what a real HC could do with these guys

It’s interesting because, while I second your statement, Bowles was known as a developer as an asst. how is it that he can struggle so much at developing guys now?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree, I think Leo, Lee and Adams were the "safe" picks for a team devoid of NFL talent, more foundational players than superstars and that's fine with me as long as the Jets find a spark to light this candle, hopefully next year as Sam develops.
IMHO every pick for the next two years should be on offense, I am done investing in this D, pass rush or not they can find their own way until the Jets bring in a real DC to run the defense (I would welcome Rex as the DC at this point)

I’ve felt for a long time that we should use our 1st rd pick on offense. Most of the guys we’ve picked on day one aren’t even on our team. Cop”les, will, Sheldon, Milner, Pryor etc it’s embarrassingly atrocious.
No guarantee offensive picks would have been better of course, but this plan of picking d in the first rd isn’t working.
I’d love to see a slew of offensive playmakers come down the pike

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It’s interesting because, while I second your statement, Bowles was known as a developer as an asst. how is it that he can struggle so much at developing guys now?

Common phenomenon of promoting someone beyond their level of expertise. Todd “Peter Principle” Bowles. 

6 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I don't know if these guys were sleeping because it's preseason, but Alex Smith lit them up in practice and then proceeded to do it in the game.  

And I hate to say it, but Leonard Williams isn't any better than a guy like Steve McClendon.

Remember that MNF game vs the Colts in 2016 ? 3 drives, 3 TDs each one worse than the next. Literally no one even in the area code of the WRs or TEs. Other than the Thanksgiving massacre vs the Pats, it was the most embarrassed I'd felt as a fan of this organization. Bowles is a defensive head coach. I'm sorry, but if I owned this team that night, I would have fired Bowles that morning. And today, we would have been better off. Anyone that thinks Bowles is head coach material hasn't been paying attention. With Sam on board, Chris Johnson is going to have to fire him eventually. BOOK IT!

Archived