front office is the culprit for the jets

jets rooter

12 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

Most successful teams build by building the offensive line through the draft.The jets have done little with their early picks.watching the jets last night proves my point.darnell and bridgewater had little time to complete their passes.

Good job he's tightened up that throwing motion.  

We operate like its 1985.  We need to draft offense.  Lineman and skill position players.  

Look at the jags.  Where did there great d get them?  Pitt hung 42 on them in the playoffs.  And they couldnt stop brady when it mattered.

The nfl is set up to score but the jets are too stupid to realize that.  The next 3 years all resources need to be used on the offensive side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What If I told you that the eagles use less resources than any other team in the draft on OLine?

Who cares what the eagles do.  They caught lightning in a bottle and won 1 super bowl.  They will come back to earth this year.  Im not following anything the crappy eagles do.

Steelers are a legit franchise.  They have antonio brown and ju ju.  And what do they do, take another reciever with their second round pick this year.  He had over 100 yards and 2 tds last night.

They understand you need to score in this league to win.

We just dont get it.  2 safeties back to back.  A total joke.

I feel like the team has taken on Bowles’ personality and has stocked the roster and coaching staff with low-maintenance dudes with low ceilings that won’t test Bowles’ authority. Maccagnan is bad, and those two stories written (by Breer and Cimini) regarding the Jets pursuit of Darnold made it seem like a lot of people in the building know that Maccagnan is overmatched. End of the day, it’s just a bad mix of two guys hired a few clicks beyond their abilities.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Steelers are a legit franchise.  They have antonio brown and ju ju.  And what do they do, take another reciever with their second round pick this year.  He had over 100 yards and 2 tds last night.

They understand you need to score in this league to win.

They also load up on pass rushers. They've hit on a lot of skill players as well. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the team has taken on Bowles’ personality and have stocked the roster and coaching staff with low-maintenance dudes with low ceilings that won’t test Bowles’ authority. Maccagnan is bad, and those two stories written (by Breer and Cimini) regarding the Jets pursuit of Darnold made it seem like a lot of people in the building know that Maccagnan is overmatched. End of the day, it’s just a bad mix of two guys hired a few clicks beyond their abilities.

Which articles?

1 hour ago, jets rooter said:

Most successful teams build by building the offensive line through the draft.The jets have done little with their early picks.watching the jets last night proves my point.darnell and bridgewater had little time to complete their passes.

Mangini understood, these past 2 D gurus don’t get it. We have a gm Who listens too much what the HC wants.. 

Of the final 4 playoff teams, 3 starting OL out of the 20 were drafted in RD 1 or 2 by the team they were playing for.  The number of undrafted FA starting for those same 4 teams was at least double.

So no, good teams don't use the early rounds of the draft to build their OL.

Everyone saw the Cowboys do it and think it's some blueprint to follow.  Problem is the Cowboys aren't good.

The place to really invest in the OL is in free agency.

1 hour ago, jets rooter said:

the word braintrust is used far too liberally

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the team has taken on Bowles’ personality and have stocked the roster and coaching staff with low-maintenance dudes with low ceilings that won’t test Bowles’ authority. Maccagnan is bad, and those two stories written (by Breer and Cimini) regarding the Jets pursuit of Darnold made it seem like a lot of people in the building know that Maccagnan is overmatched. End of the day, it’s just a bad mix of two guys hired a few clicks beyond their abilities.

I just read the article that you referenced and I don’t see how you possibly made the leap that people in the build think Maccagnan is overmatched.  It seems like he had a solid game plan in place and with some luck thrown in there got Darnold.  Is it possible that because you don’t like the man you read stuff into the article that doesn’t exist?

Just now, Joejet said:

I just read the article that you referenced and I don’t see how you possibly made the leap that people in the build think Maccagnan is overmatched.  It seems like he had a solid game plan in place and with some luck thrown in there got Darnold.  Is it possible that because you don’t like the man you read stuff into the article that doesn’t exist?

He was on the road for three weeks and Heimerdinger didn’t even know where he was. Heimerdinger is the one who negotiated the trade-up. Maccagnan got back from the road and said he liked Darnold and Heimerdinger was like, “Cool. Cool.” I don’t dislike Maccagnan. I look at the team he’s built over three years and conclude that he’s done a bad job. Anyone looking at the roster and the draft picks who concludes that he’s done a good job is clinically insane.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

holy, phukking , moley! THE LIGHT JUST WENT ON!!!

Bowles secretly believes his contribution at the S position was what put the redskins over the top as Siper Bowl Champs! Caption says he broke up teh pass...  so, um, he dropped the ball.

todd-bowles-cornerback-of-the-washington

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was on the road for three weeks and Heimerdinger didn’t even know where he was. Heimerdinger is the one who negotiated the trade-up. Maccagnan got back from the road and said he liked Darnold and Heimerdinger was like, “Cool. Cool.” I don’t dislike Maccagnan. I look at the team he’s built over three years and conclude that he’s done a bad job. Anyone looking at the roster and the draft picks who concludes that he’s done a good job is clinically insane.

T0mShane if anyone knows anything about being clinically insane on this board it would be you brother! 

Mac has done a great job. In 4 years he's rebuilt almost the entire roster. An edge rusher and a few stud Offensive lineman and this is a team that can seriously compete. We have a draft and ninety million dollars to do it. Great job managing the cap Mac. That your job too, right

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How does going out on the road scouting or delegating an assistant to negotiate a trade make Maccagnan “overmatched?” Yes, the team is still bad, but the jury is still out on a lot of his draft picks. 

5 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

How does going out on the road scouting or delegating an assistant to negotiate a trade make Maccagnan “overmatched?” Yes, the team is still bad, but the jury is still out on a lot of his draft picks. 

The subtext of the article is that Maccagnan is back where he’s comfortable—on the road scouting—while other people are doing the adult parts of the GM job. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nowhere in the article did it say that Heimerdinger didn’t know where Maccagnan was.  The communications czar Eric Gelfand texted Maccagnan once in September and once in November asking where he was but not Heimerdinger.  I agree that Maccagnan has made his

share of mistakes but he has also made some good moves.  I think the jury is still out on him.

Just now, T0mShane said:

The subtext of the article is that Maccagnan is back where he’s comfortable—on the road scouting—while other people are doing the adult parts of the GM job. 

Oh please. All GMs, in every sport, do their own scouting. If Maccagnan didn’t go out to get a firsthand look at important prospects, then you can say he sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Nowhere in the article did it say that Heimerdinger didn’t know where Maccagnan was.  The communications czar Eric Gelfand texted Maccagnan once in September and once in November asking where he was but not Heimerdinger.  I agree that Maccagnan has made his

share of mistakes but he has also made some good moves.  I think the jury is still out on him.

Fair enough. He’s pushed his chips in with the Darnold pick and his continued employment depends on how successful Darnold is. Time will tell, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh please. All GMs, in every sport, do their own scouting. If Maccagnan didn’t go out to get a firsthand look at important prospects, then you can say he sucks. 

GMs let their scouts scout and intervene when it’s a franchise-defining pick. Maccagnan was out on the road scouting Baker Mayfield when his team was simultaneously trying to give Kirk Cousins $150 mil in cash. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who cares what the eagles do.  They caught lightning in a bottle and won 1 super bowl.  They will come back to earth this year.  Im not following anything the crappy eagles do.

Seriously dude ? Your credibility took a hit with this comment.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

GMs let their scouts scout and intervene when it’s a franchise-defining pick. Maccagnan was out on the road scouting Baker Mayfield when his team was simultaneously trying to give Kirk Cousins $150 mil in cash. 

:rolleyes: Please

Archived