The GAS (Music Gear) Thread

well, since my POD GO has an ok, not great, envelope filter I thought about adding a box and creating a patch to allow the new pedal into the effects loop. I was in sam ash and checking out the used pedals and lo and behold theres a mad professor snow white at a reasonable 139. I had watched videos and though it sounded good and remember snell saying it was the best so I just bought it and left because I was in a rush.

Played with it last night.....

AWFUL!!!! I can see it being good for a rythm player but this thing, no matter what i did, could NOT quack each not playing leads ala jeryy garcia. I could barely get an good estimated prophet sound. thats with a strat or LP custom. It just didnt work for me so I am returing it and getting another EHX micro q tron which has a way more jerryesque mu tron sound at 99 bucks. 

well thats that

Really!?! You have the settings wrong brother or a bad pedal, it’s an awesome pedal. What guitar are you playing through and what settings? And oh my god the QTron is literally the worst!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Really!?! You have the settings wrong brother or a bad pedal, it’s an awesome pedal. What guitar are you playing through and what settings? And oh my god the QTron is literally the worst!

Wasnt bashing ur opinion for the record just disagreeing..... but ive tried it with 3 guitars and every imaginable setting. No dice. Maybe it is a bad one,,, i kinda believe that theory at times.

ive had a q tron and it was much better.... for jerry leads. I did a jerry search on youtube and all the best ones used qtrons. Maybe YOU had a bad one :)

Wasnt bashing ur opinion for the record just disagreeing..... but ive tried it with 3 guitars and every imaginable setting. No dice. Maybe it is a bad one,,, i kinda believe that theory at times.
ive had a q tron and it was much better.... for jerry leads. I did a jerry search on youtube and all the best ones used qtrons. Maybe YOU had a bad one

Hey brother I wasn’t trying to be offensive. The sensitivity knob on the SW is the key you have to dial that in to the guitar you’re playing. I go through humbuckers so I have the sensitivity around like 2. The hotter your signal the lower you should have sensitivity. I’ve played a strat through it and sensitivity was still 4 or so. Any higher and it won’t quack, but it’s the only pedal I’ve played through that quacks from the lowest E note all the way up without issue.

I didnt think you were being offensive i just didnt want you to think i was....

ok so yes of course i played with that knob. I set it at the lowest point to get every note triggered. Thing is i lost the desired quack effect. It doest matter though because i was in sam ash bummed and i couldnt believe they had this and it bought it. Expensive but sounds real good. Almost as good as my line 6 xt live board which still has the greatest envelope filter of all time hands down

B4B09060-8C2C-49F7-8818-7C118243BFB0.jpeg

I didnt think you were being offensive i just didnt want you to think i was....
ok so yes of course i played with that knob. I set it at the lowest point to get every note triggered. Thing is i lost the desired quack effect. It doest matter though because i was in sam ash bummed and i couldnt believe they had this and it bought it. Expensive but sounds real good. Almost as good as my line 6 xt live board which still has the greatest envelope filter of all time hands down
B4B09060-8C2C-49F7-8818-7C118243BFB0.thumb.jpeg.6b3cfaf0c64c25eca9b2c7c86c36134e.jpeg

Ok cool, I realized I may have been over the top in my initial response. I play in a band that started as a JGB and Dead tribute. I have been through countless EF’s that I found were all hissy and fuzzy sounding. The Snow White was the first one that had a full round quack that was pronounced no matter where on the fretboard I was playing and it’s been on my board for almost 3 years now. I also have a funkzilla but I only use that for reverse EF (think Dancin’ from Cornell). It’s funny how a pedal works for one but not another.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided I deserved a new toy so I bought another guitar. 

This thing is pretty neat.  It is an acoustic 6 string (Yamaha) but it has built in reverb and chorus.

The electronics are inside the guitar and you can run it off batteries (AA) or you can plug it into an amp.

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yep, my first Fender guitar, although I do have a Fender bass.  This one is more for the wife, but I sure will be stealing it from time to time.  

I just bought my fist 12 string.  A Fender Villager.  Old school Fender vibe with the hockey stick headstock.  Plays beautifully.

fen-0970753006.jpg

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I just bought my fist 12 string.  A Fender Villager.  Old school Fender vibe with the hockey stick headstock.  Plays beautifully.

fen-0970753006.jpg

That looks like a nice guitar.  A 12 string would be a lot of fun, I haven’t played one in many years.  I have arthritis in my fingers, so I never get to play guitar enough.  Its why I have been monkeying around with other instruments more these days.  

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That looks like a nice guitar.  A 12 string would be a lot of fun, I haven’t played one in many years.  I have arthritis in my fingers, so I never get to play guitar enough.  Its why I have been monkeying around with other instruments more these days.  

Oh man, arthritis in your fingers must suck.   I'm sure it's a challenge.   Very cool that you mess around with other instruments.

Yeah, I had not played a 12 string since college back in the 70s.  Got the bug after watching a few Zebra/Randy Jackson videos.  He's a master of the 12 string.  I'm having a blast with it.  Love the chime-like ring.  And the guitar holds its tune, which after all the horror stories I've read surprised me.