Sign in to follow this  
The Crimson King

The GAS (Music Gear) Thread

Just picked up a 75 musicman hd130 head. Sounds killer, super underrated. I had an hd130 2x12 combo back in the day that i sold and now regret. 

Ive pulled the chassis out and picked up a fender blackface deluxe reverb repo cabinet. Im gonna put it in there as the chassis is 1/8 of an inch smaller. Now im reseaching a single 12 inch to top it off.

Hopefully ill wind up with a nice clean mega headroom sparkly fender like combo thats not too heavy. 

Any speaker suggestions? Ive been listening to lots of shootouts and like the warehouse veteran 30 and c/s stuff

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, Warmbrother said:

Just picked up a 75 musicman hd130 head. Sounds killer, super underrated. I had an hd130 2x12 combo back in the day that i sold and now regret. 

Ive pulled the chassis out and picked up a fender blackface deluxe reverb repo cabinet. Im gonna put it in there as the chassis is 1/8 of an inch smaller. Now im reseaching a single 12 inch to top it off.

Hopefully ill wind up with a nice clean mega headroom sparkly fender like combo thats not too heavy. 

Any speaker suggestions? Ive been listening to lots of shootouts and like the warehouse veteran 30 and c/s stuff

Still have an RP110 from 1979. Haven't plugged it in in a quarter century. Tube amp with a solid state preamp. Problem was that it weighs a ton. Wish I could help cab advice. Still an idiot about such things after so many years.

Been using a Trace Elliot Vellocette for a few weeks now. Nice little all-tube amp that takes pedals well. Bought two when they were selling out to Gibson for a fraction of what they are worth now.

Please report on what you end up doing with the speaker for the education of folks like me.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:57 AM, NJ said:

Ha Ha - got me there. Should have been more specific. Bass Drum Pedal or in my instance double bass drum pedal.51VYHMLVJaL.jpg

Sorry but I can't offer any first hand experience with electronic kits. I have a 6 pad board that I can plug into an amp (with additional pad for the double bass pedal) but I've only used it for small parties and the like. There are some fairly electronically sophisticated set-ups I've goofed around on at Guitar Center, but they don't play like a real kit. To me anyway.      

Ive never played Gibraltar, I use my Iron Cobras and I like em.

Image result for iron cobra 600

So Harmon, owner of Digitech  got acquired by Samsung and they are discontinuing  the brand. That means the Ditto, Jamman, Stereo, the DDrum, RP360, etc will be no more. Shame that.

Anyone who comes across blowouts  in  this regard please post, They will not last long. 

Did you run it at 18v? It is like a different pedal, but you need Fulltone's adaptor to avoid the noise

Sorry I just saw this. I did try 18v as well. Being honest to me the pedal just doesn’t sound “unique”. I felt like it was covering up the natural tone of my guitar. Mind you I play with my OD levels at like 2 most of the time at the most when I use them. The Boss is really interesting to me, I wanna hate it but it’s the only one I’ve found that at heavier OD levels still seams to allow the guitar tone through. I like the King of Tone for 95% of what I play with any OD and the Boss for stupid over the top sounds.

I was pretty psyched to get my Electro-Harmonix Super Switcher today. That’s going to make my stage life worlds easier once I figure out the midi.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

So Harmon, owner of Digitech  got acquired by Samsung and they are discontinuing  the brand. That means the Ditto, Jamman, Stereo, the DDrum, RP360, etc will be no more. Shame that.
Anyone who comes across blowouts  in  this regard please post, They will not last long. 

No kidding??? I have the JamMan 2, I never use it.

Not sure what music you play, but check out Tone Tubby. Their speakers are out of this world!

Thanks for answering ! Got a list of those 11 pedals?

I put most of the pedals in the picture back on the shelves in their boxes to simplify things. That SIB Varidrive is a nice piece though (as is the currently broken MB V Twin). Not sure if they make it anymore though 

I have a Tom Anderson>Fulltone Clyde>Kelly Nice Compressor>Amptweaker Tight Metal>CE-5>RV-3>Looper>small tube amp set up now that is getting a very nice sound. Probably an accident. It is all about the settings and I am a terrible tweaker.

Next gig a week from now is a party so I'm just bringing a small Boss GT-1 that runs on batteries. Big beer spill risk event and a need for a small footprint. 

FX are great, no? When I first started all you had were a wah, a fuzz and the amp's reverb tank.  

My chain is as follows:

Guitar>

Wampler EGO Comp>

Vox Wah>

Mad Professor SnowWhite Autowah>

Funkzilla Envelop Filter>

Silver Pony Klon Clone>

Analogman King of Tone>

Boss Turbo OD>

Xotic EPBoost>

Ernie Ball Volume>

MXR Phase 90>

EH Octave>

Strymon Timeline

This runs into a Fender Twin Reverb that I split into a head and cab to save my back.

• Upvote 1