Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

Let us dream for a bit. 

12 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Darron Lee and a 5th for Fowler. 

Hewitt or Minter can start. And they get Lee who probably fits their defense better. 

if this happens, there is also this guy named Navorro Bowman who is a FA that could be brought in. At 30years old he played well at the end of last season for the Raiders, he would fill the ILB spot nicely..

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

In what world would Jacksonville want Lee?  Come on people, use a little common sense.  

It wouldn’t be to start, Lee is on his rookie deal. So he would be fine in a backup role. I think the Jags would want a player since they are in a win now mode. Add in a draft pick to even out the trade. 

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

It wouldn’t be to start, Lee is on his rookie deal. So he would be fine in a backup role. I think the Jags would want a player since they are in a win now mode. Add in a draft pick to even out the trade. 

The Jags don’t want Lee in any capacity.  

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

In what world would Jacksonville want Lee?  Come on people, use a little common sense.  

The world of Jet Nation where I’ve seen some ridiculous trade scenarios lately. The only “bonus” to Lee is that he has more time left on his rookie deal and if they are fed up with Fowler, maybe that levels the trading playing field. It would clearly be a pick for Fowler but I just want Lee gone and to salvage whatever value we can. This is what you may call “wishful thinking” but not realistic.

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Ok ok seriously. Teddy for Fowler and switch draft picks - we get their 5 they get our 4.

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ok ok seriously. Teddy for Fowler and switch draft picks - we get their 5 they get our 4.

I would value Teddy well higher than Fowler.  I certainly wouldn't want to give them draft value on top of a swap.

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I've reached out to Katy Perry to gauge her interest in spending the weekend with me in Vegas.  Waiting for a response.

Hi Sarge,

This is Katy Perry. Long Island Leprechaun let me use his tag to reach out to you. I'll meet you in the parking lot behind Caesar's Palace at around 1:00 am. Don't worry about the body guards with pistols. They work for me. Bring lots of cash so we can have fun.

Katy

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would value Teddy well higher than Fowler.  I certainly wouldn't want to give them draft value on top of a swap.

Agreed. However, after what we've read about Fowler this month, I don't even want him.

Mac isn't going to give up on Lee, who's going into his third season, and is asked to  do much more than Fowler ever was asked to do. Lee had more tackles in his first four games last year than Fowler did the entire year. Fowler is a pass rusher. That's it. And no, I don't think that Lee has played up to level we expected with the 6th pick.

Archived