prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

That's possible. Another take is that Coffee in Hand reached out to the Jags and now the Jags are thinking about what they may want in return. Deals take time and sometimes leaks only know so much.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Coughlin may have been born at night, but it wasn’t last night.

Yeah, but his guy is displaying traits of jealousy and starting fights. Plus I believe they declined his 5th year right?

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Deals that are not gonna happen get leaked, ones that do happen are already done deals when they get leaked.

It's a good point and I'm inclined to agree. I try to hold out hope though.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

August 30th 2017

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/8/30/16224006/sheldon-richardson-trade-seahawks-jets

For this reason, a trade for the New York Jets’ Sheldon Richardson would make a ton of sense for both sides. Earlier this offseason, in a wildly open interview with the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta, Richardson revealed the Seahawks had inquired about a trade for him, asking him to take a paycut. 

Sheldon traded to the Seahawks on September 1, 2017

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fowler brought his GF and baby momma together and refereed a fight between the two. Hes a bad guy, no matter how much we want 8 sacks 

Theres a reason the Jags want to dump a 3rd year player, a 3rd pick in the draft after only 2 seasons.  Its not because hes misunderstood or a Ingram, Hopkins or Long

Did he actually call one up and say 'come by I need to be entertained'? Or did one show up to confront the other without his knowledge? I'm actually asking. Women are just as violent and crazy as men... Probably more so and I wouldn't be so quick to blame him. Unfortunately say he gets involved and separates them (wait just saw he did he roll one off the other). I'm waiting for charges to be filed and civil suits to be brought. I think he did a good job keeping steel chairs out of the match for what it's worth. Maybe he could ref in some wrestling league. Also, seeing the video they should have kept their shoes on for better traction.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one in the NFL is giving charity care to the NY Jets because they need a pass rusher. 

Unfortunately we don't have the fire power to land an edge rusher via a trade and will have to wait until free agency to probably over pay for one. 

Overpay? You mean paying a guy 130 mill in free agency costs more than 130 mill and the picks for any trade?

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes overpay to lure in a good edge rusher in free agency other teams will also be in the market as well and we all know what happens when the Jets try and sign a free agent and other teams are also trying. We wind up either overpaying or losing out. CB Trumane Johnson is an example we paid him a lot of money.

Oh, wait no.... You think the Bears were biding for Mack in a vacuum? They paid more in a bidding war too for a trade, but unlike Johnson in FA they gave up multiple firsts to pay 100+ million. Context is everything and situational awareness is crucial.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

regardless of the situation its Jets vs the rest of the NFL 

come on man you been around long enough to see it 

Well if you want to talk curse I offered to sacrifice a random board member's kid ritualistically (obviously joking) if it meant we could get Mack for a first and third within the last two or three days. I get it, but I couldn't get on board with the logic presented.

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What has Fowler done again? 

Also, didn't we just sign the dude that played at Georgia Tech, Jeremiah Attachou?

From what I've read Attachou has injury issues.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company