prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'd want to get a OL for Teddy.  i know pass rusher is a premium position but i want to give Sam all the help he can get in his rookie year.

A backup OL ? Well a backup from another  team but would probably start for jets. I can see that

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Just logged looked at a Jags fan forum and these guys are hilarious.

"Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up"

"Not taking anything less than a 1st for Fowler"

"I'm not even interested if it's not for a 2nd rounder"

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yeah.  It is.  Here's a Jacksonville article about this. https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/dante-fowler-jr-trade-market/

Meanwhile articles in the very same city acknowledge Bridgewater would probably cost at least a 2nd rounder.   https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/8/20/17761174/should-the-jacksonville-jaguars-trade-for-teddy-bridgewater

Only some Jets fans think Fowler is worth as much as Bridgewater.

You really think Mac has turned down a 2nd for Bridgewater ?  Lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sam Bradford got a 1st+, Jimmy G got a very high 2nd which everyone knew was to low of an asking price, and the Seahawks just offered up a 2nd for Brissett who fetched a WR who was drafted in the 1st round in the 2015 draft for a 3rd round QB, the Browns agreed to trade for AJ MCCarron for a 2nd, AND a 3rd last year, but botched the paper work during the trade deadline (this is about what I expect the Jets to get in return for TBW some time between week 1, and trade deadline), yes AJ McCarron who was a UFA after the season, and has very little on tape success like TBW does, Alex Smith for a very good starting CB, and a 3rd round pick, and having to pay him $20 million, and the Jets had to pay Josh McCown 10 million to keep him here as the in the know people right, or full of BS have said the Bills where willing to offer up a similar deal, and that’s why the Jets had to act so fast.  

So yes a healthy TBW on a cheap 1 year deal with the option to franchise tag, and hopefully sign long term should he continue to show he can be the QB he was Preseason 2016 before the injury is worth a 2nd rounder NOW, and the price only goes up as the season goes longer, and if you don’t get anything offered at, or better then that you keep TBW, and the Jets will never have to put that great guy, but terrible QB Josh McCown under center again without catastrophic circumstances.

Say by some miracle Darnold has the Jets at 9-4, but Darnold breaks his throwing hand on a defenders helmet after a throw I’m gonna be a hell of a lot more confident in TBW being able to step in, and continue the charge that Darnold began leading then I would if McCown was the QB coming in to play after seeing TBW show ZERO hiccups, and TBH not look like a guy coming off any injury never mind the one he suffered, and IF this were last year TBW would be our starting QB, and I’d wager the Jets would be negotiating an extension for him, at worst franchising him, but everything is about timing, and the Jets got a double gift at the QB position the same year, and TBW will be the odd man out regardless if it’s right, or wrong decision 5 years from now.

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.

Many ifs.. If he plays lights out, desperate team trying to make playoffs after their starter went down ? I still think it would be a second, unless there are two teams like that who doesn’t have a capable backup. We know the eagles do.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol you wake up bud, TBW HAS shown he is fine while taking hits, AND scrambling already, the Seahawks traded the Jets Kearse, AND a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson last year, so for you to think any contending team who is in a position to go for it would not throw a 2nd rounder the Jets way for TBW is you snoozing, 

So Mac is a genius you are saying ? Every team in nfl had chance to sign Bridgewater, nobody offered him anything. Jets barely. You are still not getting it. teams either saw or heard, he can run and move on the knee, still opted not to sign him for peanuts.. now you think they are going to offer a premium pick for what many knew he could do ? Lol. What they weren’t sure he can do, is take “ real hits” in “ real “ games. So until they do, their opinion has not changed much from when they decided not to even give him a mil to show up for camp.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

David DeCastro can’t miss OL stud over yet another DL

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Disagree with the bold. I think Teddy's demonstrated that he's healthy. He's taken a couple hits and is playing at a higher level than I expected. I don't think teams have to see him in the regular season to determine his trade value. There's a certain point when his trade value starts to go down as you get closer to the trade deadline, too (when teams will get less use out of the player and know that the Jets are in a position where either they get something now or get nothing). 

How would his trade value go down if he is throwing gems of games ? Real games ? Lol. Especially when more qbs go down with injuries like they always do. Which also could be Bridgewater and then we get zip. I think Mac will not role that dice in effort to try to get more. He will take what he can before reg seasons  and move on with McCown and darnold.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know he's going to throw gems in real games how?  What if he doesn't play well or plays a couple of bad games?  Or worse, gets hurt and then is worthless?  

To me he's passed every test he's had up to now.  He's being talked about on every NFL show as being back and maybe better than before.  How much better can it get than that.  He's never going to look better to others than now.  It's all about whether someone wants a QB, not making him more attractive.

I don’t. I’m just saying that is what it would require for us to achieve  second rounder. I’d rather Mac didn’t take that chance and take what we can get now, or soon. The real test would be “ real “ games full speed. Pre season isn’t same. 

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is not true. Bridgewater met with multiple teams and picked the Jets because he wanted to start. More importantly he sought a short-term deal in hopes of upping his value for a larger contract.

Ohh so teams were wanting to sign him to a long term deal ? But he chose the Jets, a very crowded qb room coming off five wins, bad line.. 🤣

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You are delightful.

I’m “ realistic”  ,  with shades of optimism 💁‍♂️

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

The room wasn’t crowded till we got Sam.  We hadn’t traded up for pick three I believe. 

Lol ! You really think Bridgewater is an idiot ? He signed 3 days before we traded up.. even if he didn’t hear the rumors, he knew we were very likely picking 1 of 4. He is a smart guy, despite half 1 and 1/2 knees

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I wasn’t sure we were going to be able to pull it off.  We would get Allen because I assumed Rosen would go higher and Allen would need a year.  Teddy can neat McCown. 

I hope he does well.  I like the guy from what I have read and seen. 

I read the reports this offseason on him. I was shocked he couldn’t find a better team, with similar or better offer. I’m betting 4th at best, before season.  Anybody ready to put their $ where their mouth is, I’m ready to deal 🙃

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What are you arguing?

Even if he knew, as everyone did, that we would be drafting a QB he has a shot to at least start part of the season and show others he can still play.  T Taylor is starting for at least the early part of the season as the perfect example 

A poster made the argument when Bridgewater signed it was only Josh McCown on the roster. We traded up to 3 a few days after he signed. I was arguing he is not stupid, he knew even if we were staying at 6 we still highly likely pick a qb. So he knew he had to likely Beat out 2 capable qbs. There were Other teams with a more shaky qb situation he could have went to. Some act like he actually had the option to pick any team he wanted and just so happened to pick us lol. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets were a good spot for him. He had to believe that he would beat out McCown, and he probably has. The Jets gave him a nice incentive-laden contract and maybe other teams weren't willing to go that high. The total possible value of $15M might be tough to reach, but a lot of playing time and passing yards incentives that would've been very makeable if the rookie the Jets drafted was more Paxton Lynch than Sam Darnold. 

He would have preferred a decent stable OL to protect his knee no? I’m sure he would have preferred more than 1 mil in guarantee no ? Jets could still cut him before first game and only lose 1 million for him trying out all summer.. I feel bad for the guy, was really a sh*tty market for him despite him working out on the knee, ect.. I’m glad the jets gave him a shot.. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Josh may have been on the roster, not sure, its not that important.  The comment was made because you were trying to prove that he wasnt in demand anywhere because if he was why did he pick the Jets and their crowded QB room.  It wasnt crowded, it had a old journeyman QB and would bring in a rookie.  A scenario where if we drafted a Josh Allen he more than likely would sit.  So hed have McCown to beat out.  If half the league was interested in him the Jets could still with that many teams be the best place to land if trying to show the league you were healthy and ready to resume a career.  Not a big deal or that complicated

An “old journeyman “ Who had a very nice year and didn’t look his age, unlike Eli. So you are saying he had a good amount of other offers? Just picked jets and their 1 mil guarantee ?  Lol

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wherever he signed that team could have injuries to their OL and then he could wind up playing behind a horrid line, look at Wash a year ago.  Any team could cut him before the first game, thats on him, not the Jets. 

If he played like garbage or the knee acted up we would be screaming to dump him, not to argue keeping him over getting a nice pick or player in return.

What would you bet on we get for him ? 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea, who cares what my guess or what anyone elses guesses he'll bring back.  I would think they want to get one of their 2s back, would try and make a case that hes a QB and someone who needs a QB would expect to give up at least a 2 for a QB.  But I have no idea.  I wont bitch if its a three, hell a 4 for someone we signed as a backup plan is still bonus chips

Fair enough. Of course we want 1 of our 2 back, I don’t see it happening. Lucky for a 4 I think. But hey I hope I’m wrong ha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'll take the bet - i think they get 4th or better.  so let's say 2/3/4th i win, 5th/6th/7th you win.  20 bucks to the others favorite charity?

🤣 nice try, you only get to pick 1 lol. It won’t be a 7th we all know that dude lol. I say 4th. I thought you would go with 2nd 💁‍♂️

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So you’re saying he had better options for teams with better offensive lines and weaker QB competition, but he went with the Jets for some crazy reason?   

Can you list all the teams with those attributes?

Lol no. I’m saying just the opposite. He didn’t have other options. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company