prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

I'd think Mac would be dangling Bridgewater. Jags are emulating the 2009 NY Jets with Bortles in the Mark Sanchez role. 
Maybe but if this is straight up for Teddy it would be a horrible move.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

i'd want to get a OL for Teddy.  i know pass rusher is a premium position but i want to give Sam all the help he can get in his rookie year.
I agree. Fowler hasn't done a thing and there is no reason to trade Teddy before the season starts. October 30 is the trade deadline.

I would glady take his 8 sacks from last year in exchange for a QB that's not going to be on the roster next year. Although I do understand the off-field presence Fowler brings I think it's a good return on the Teddy investment 
I get it, both will be FA's so in that regard it makes sense but doesn't he play DE in 4-3? Playing OLB in 3-4 is different....

our coach had shel rich playing olb.  Fowler is way more suite to be an olb than Lee
Hope you're right. It seems like the Jets have been looking for a great OLB forever.

Fowler had 8 sacks last year.  Hardly nothing.
You're correct, I thought is was 4 last year.

Yeah speaking of Campbell that’s what the Jets we’re supposed to get when they drafted Leo Williams, Campbell basically wrecked havoc on every single play in the playoffs last year for the Jaguars, he pumped up a lot of other guys sack totals, and Fowler is probably one of them, but it’s nice to know when given the opportunity Fowler can capitalize on someone else laying it up for you so you can slam it home like Fowler did vs Brady in the AFCCG last year.
I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Ha you think Bowles knows the difference between 3-4 and 4-3
Good point....

• Upvote 1

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.
Again catch 22 scenario. To justify trading a QB that is winning games to play Darnold won't go well with the team or fans. Now if you start Teddy and is just OK but enough to get better compensation that's different. It's like last year, where many felt McCown would suck for Sam but didn't happen.

You hope Teddy doesn't get hurt in the next PS games.

So Mac is a genius you are saying ? Every team in nfl had chance to sign Bridgewater, nobody offered him anything. Jets barely. You are still not getting it. teams either saw or heard, he can run and move on the knee, still opted not to sign him for peanuts.. now you think they are going to offer a premium pick for what many knew he could do ? Lol. What they weren’t sure he can do, is take “ real hits” in “ real “ games. So until they do, their opinion has not changed much from when they decided not to even give him a mil to show up for camp.

It was surprising that there wasn't much interest in him. Is his agent the same as Cousins? It's possible the Jets had this planned during the Cousins thing and had good timing?

Agreed, the hit rate is low,  but the Jets haven’t even really stepped to the plate when it comes to drafting edge rushers though.  Plus it’s not like they have hit a bunch of home runs with their drafting of other defensive positions early in the draft.  I would rather them swing and miss trying to draft edge guys instead of missing on safeties and small ILBers.  
Couples...

Coples was never going to be an edge rusher though.  He did his damage at North Carolina primarily lined up over a guard.  He was at best a 3-4 DE, more of an interior rusher.  Rex made the fatal eval that he was somehow suited for an OLB role ala Suggs.  That was never going to happen.  Same with Leo, not an edge guy, best suited rushing inside.  
Yes and furthers my point from before the Jets have been miscast 4-3 DEs as 3-4 OLB's.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company