prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Fowler had 8 sacks last year.  Hardly nothing.

He's a great talent, but he brings with a suspension for off the field nonsense and a fight with Jacksonville media which cost him a camp suspension. If he can't handle the Jacksonville media market how will he fair in NY? There is a reason the Jags declined his 2019 contract option. 

I am all for getting Fowler, but I am not paying "fair" value for his talents There has to be a knucklehead discount. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

oline should be priority 1 2 and 3 in next years draft if ability fits rounds.

Our head coach almost seems disdainful of having a true outside pass rusher and wants to use his 'genius' to create pressure.

I think our coach believes in coaching the players he has not and never admitting that the team NEEDS player X or Player Y. 

Bowles was defensive coordinator in Arizona with the likes of John Abraham (11 sacks) and Calais Campbell. He knows the value in a pass rusher. The jets have made it clear they are going after a pass rusher, but Macc isn't one to rush into things. So he isn't going to cave to the Jags or Raiders demands until they become more reasonable. 

Fowler is suspended week 1. So there is no rush to get this deal for a couple of more weeks. If the Jags truly don't want Fowler, they will get more and more desperate as the season starts. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Deals that are not gonna happen get leaked, ones that do happen are already done deals when they get leaked.

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It's a good point and I'm inclined to agree. I try to hold out hope though.

August 30th 2017

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/8/30/16224006/sheldon-richardson-trade-seahawks-jets

For this reason, a trade for the New York Jets’ Sheldon Richardson would make a ton of sense for both sides. Earlier this offseason, in a wildly open interview with the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta, Richardson revealed the Seahawks had inquired about a trade for him, asking him to take a paycut. 

Sheldon traded to the Seahawks on September 1, 2017

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I'd give up a 3rd for Fowler now that we have an extra free one. 

But I'm also fine with just waiting a year - Fowler isn't going to help Darnold and that's all I care about this season.  How good our defense is in 2018 is fairly immaterial over the arc of Sam's career.

All in for 2019.

Actually, a good defense helps with field position which in turn makes the QBs life easier.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company