prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Once in a generation or so, we get a trade like CLE taking Brett Ratliff, Abram Elam and some other scrub I can't even remember to let us move up from 13 to 5 in the first round.  People sometimes forget that there's only one CLE in the league.

You can't remember Kenyon Coleman? THE Kenyon Coleman???!!??

:D 

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Sources: Jets reach out to Jaguars to gauge interest in their pass rusher Dante Fowler, Jr.

AUG 21, 2018 | 9:20 AM

“It's a passing league,” defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers said. “You want to stop the run from a defensive philosophy and make teams one-dimensional, but it is a passing league. So, at some point in time, you got to affect the quarterbacks. You have to. It’s important, no doubt. We have to affect the quarterback, but there are a lot of different ways to affect the quarterback. With coverage, with blitz, with mixing it up. It's a combination of things.”
“We're kind of finding the right combination of guys,” Rodgers said. “We're seeing… guys getting close. We just have to be more consistent in getting closer more often.”

This text above does not do anything to help my perception of Rodgers as a DC ... :-( 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Without any prior knowledge of these players being who they turned out to be.. you wouldn’t have complained had we picked a CB at 6?

And an injury risk at that (echoes of Dee Milliner all over again).

For all the panic about our defense not getting of the field on third down, the Giants only converted two of eleven third downs against us. I know, it's only preseason, but the way you read it here you'd think we were giving up 90 yard touchdown drives all the time.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company