prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

what benefit does "covering his ass" do?   he's graded on wins and losses and direction of the team.   this isn't horseshoes where close gets points.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Maybe but if this is straight up for Teddy it would be a horrible move.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i'd want to get a OL for Teddy.  i know pass rusher is a premium position but i want to give Sam all the help he can get in his rookie year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team, and maybe be able to get some additional draft capital, OL help and possibly someone like Fowler or Mack.

With all the rumors flying around Bridgewater for Fowler seems an obvious trade. I think both would be interested.

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team

this line tells us all we need to know about why we are a mediocre team.  this is our last 3 first round picks.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure nonsense.  

where do you think he would be re-drafted?  i'd guess and say middle to late first round.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

like we say in the investment business Hindsight capital has the best returns of all time. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Without any prior knowledge of these players being who they turned out to be.. you wouldn’t have complained had we picked a CB at 6?

lol. 

i'd love to see who he wanted us to pick at those spots.  

49 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pat Mahomes it’s well documented lol!

so it will be interesting to track Pat vs Sam and the other corresponding moves.  i think you will be satisfied with Sam.  maybe not 100% happy but Sam seems like he's got the ability to be a top 15 qb in this league.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ohh so teams were wanting to sign him to a long term deal ? But he chose the Jets, a very crowded qb room coming off five wins, bad line.. 🤣

The room wasn’t crowded till we got Sam.  We hadn’t traded up for pick three I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ! You really think Bridgewater is an idiot ? He signed 3 days before we traded up.. even if he didn’t hear the rumors, he knew we were very likely picking 1 of 4. He is a smart guy, despite half 1 and 1/2 knees

I wasn’t sure we were going to be able to pull it off.  We would get Allen because I assumed Rosen would go higher and Allen would need a year.  Teddy can neat McCown. 

I hope he does well.  I like the guy from what I have read and seen. 

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I read the reports this offseason on him. I was shocked he couldn’t find a better team, with similar or better offer. I’m betting 4th at best, before season.  Anybody ready to put their $ where their mouth is, I’m ready to deal 🙃

i'll take the bet - i think they get 4th or better.  so let's say 2/3/4th i win, 5th/6th/7th you win.  20 bucks to the others favorite charity?

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

🤣 nice try, you only get to pick 1 lol. It won’t be a 7th we all know that dude lol. I say 4th. I thought you would go with 2nd 💁‍♂️

the joe namath poster says we are cutting him, which would be a win for you.

i say 4th also.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company