prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

Yessssssssss Mac get it done!!!!! Was posting about Fowler yesterday  

• Upvote 1

If I can trade Teddy for Fowler without having to give up any extra draft capital I'm sprinting to make that deal. Add a good edge presence to this defense and we might make some serious strides in the right direction

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Also I wouldn't trade a spare tire and a broken bowling pin for Darron Lee no shot the Jags want anything to do with him

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetmech said:

I agree. Fowler hasn't done a thing and there is no reason to trade Teddy before the season starts. October 30 is the trade deadline.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would glady take his 8 sacks from last year in exchange for a QB that's not going to be on the roster next year. Although I do understand the off-field presence Fowler brings I think it's a good return on the Teddy investment 

I think a lot of us are under the false impression that there are a ton of Olinemen on the trade block that can be impact players for us. Unfortunately Fowler is the most impactful player we could add via trade without crippling the future of the franchise(Sorry Khalil Mack fans) Fowler would immediately become the best edge presence and with our cap situation for next year adding and keeping him will allow us to spend big on Oline in free agency and hopefully snag another Olinemen in the 1st round of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok Jags want that TBW insurance for Bortles, and Raiders want next years 1st round pick, Jets make both trades, and have Fowler, and Mack bookending Shepherd, Leo, and the rest of the rotational DL, hell I’d change the base to a 2-4-5 swapping in the 5th DB as a 3rd Safety, or 3rd CB depending on opposing personal, on running downs you go with the 3 Safeties running 2 of them down in the box, oh hell who gives a sh*t what D they would run as long as Mack, and Fowler are healthy, and causing havoc off the edge.

Your madden franchise is probably sick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'd rather hold on to Teddy and trade one of our picks for Fowler because, if we're being honest whoever Mac drafts is probably going to a be a practice player in the CFL 3 years after anyway

Just logged looked at a Jags fan forum and these guys are hilarious.

"Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up"

"Not taking anything less than a 1st for Fowler"

"I'm not even interested if it's not for a 2nd rounder"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

How is that hilarious?  If Fowler is even half as good as you guys think he is he’s worth 5 Jamal Adamses

a 1st rounder for a guy who'd team option was declined isn't pure delusion? or trading him straight up for a 2nd year rookie 6th overall? cmon that's funny

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

This is sadly true lol my favorite is the "We can get a starting Olineman for TB" 

• Haha 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Jamal Adams should have never been drafted where he was if they did a redraft he’d be a second round pick 

Fair point, however you can say the same about Fowler

• Like 1

Just now, j4jets said:

Classic Jets GM. Need OL and he’s got his nose stuck in the D. 

Where are we going to get a quality olineman via trade!?!? Our only shot was the guy from Oakland who just restructured his deal to say there 

Just now, Philc1 said:

I agree I think Fowler sucks and is a headcase

While I do think he was overdrafted, I would gladly take his 10 sacks from last year. I'd hold on to Teddy though. Offer a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th if he eclipses 12 sacks or something. Not like Macs gonna do anything with the draft pick anyway

There’s nobody available.  When it comes to OL you strike early and hard either draft or free agency.  Very rare that a Pete Kendall or Josh Sitton get cut out of nowhere and are available last second 

Exactly my point. That's why all this "Trade Teddy for an olineman" talk is nuts. If anything I'd take a flyer on Joeckel on a 1 year deal we've got the cap for it 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fowler had 8 sacks not 10 and that was his career high by far with Tom Coughlin sticking his foot in his rear end micromanaging him.  Fowler in NYC with Bowles drooling on himself would be a disaster

Quinton Coples had 6.5 sacks as a rookie playing interior DL

8 regular season 2 playoffs

And 4 the previous 2 years combined when he didn’t have Coughlin breathing down his neck 

For a team who's sack leader had 5 last year and is no longer on the roster, adding someone with 10 can't be a bad thing

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don’t disagree that Fowler isn’t way better than garbage like Jenkins and Mauldin

He's our best option at the moment apart from Khalil Mack which will wipe out our draft capital. We have the worst edge presence in the league and have the ability to add someone who had more sacks in 2017 than our top 2 defenders(who are both on other teams now) we just gotta roll the dice

We have a GM who can't draft to save his life anyway. Send them a 4th round pick or Teddy idc. Mac has a hard enough time drafting players that can run in a straight line, adding 10 sacks would be the highlight of his tenure lmao

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Look if the package we give up for Fowler is Teddy and a middle round pick fine.  If Mac goes crazy and starts offering first round picks big time Pass

We couldn't be more on the same page

Should immediately pivot to Fowler Jr. Send them the 3rd rounder we got for Teddy and be done with it

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, C Mart said:

Manish Mehta‏ @MMehtaNYDN

Expect the Jets to be aggressive suitors for Jaguars edge rusher Dante Fowler, Jr.... next year in free agency (assuming he stays on the straight and narrow path). Unless JAX is willing to trade him on the relative cheap now (which they are not).

Wow didn't even see he tweeted about Fowler. I think they pull the trigger on a 3rd its a similar situation to us and Teddy. We had qb depth,guy on a 1 year deal and flipped him for a 3rd

• Like 1

I can't imagine them turning down an early 3rd for a guy that's not going to be on the roster next year

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Fowler should already be on a plane heading to New Jersey just go out and get the guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Fowler should just play for us. Who says he needs to play for the Jags. It’ll be controversial but he should show up on game day with a green and white jersey.

Im with it

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company