prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

In what world would Jacksonville want Lee?  Come on people, use a little common sense.  

The same world where Teddy fetched a second round pick

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

our coach had shel rich playing olb.  Fowler is way more suite to be an olb than Lee

Fowler is an idiot problem child.  Can’t wait to see him teamed up with empty suit Bowles will he be able to avoid prison?

Oh and he sucks

10 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Hope you're right. It seems like the Jets have been looking for a great OLB forever.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

And will be until after Macagnan is finally fired in 10 years

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

have you looked around the league? We got tackles from University of Texas at Anchorage starting for NFL teams... there's no OL depth. Anywhere. There's been veritable drought of quality tackles in the last 5-6 years -- and we wouldn't get a starting OT for a 1st rounder if we tried. 

This

The popularity of gimmicky college offenses has hurt development of offensive line players

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Just logged looked at a Jags fan forum and these guys are hilarious.

"Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up"

"Not taking anything less than a 1st for Fowler"

"I'm not even interested if it's not for a 2nd rounder"

How is that hilarious?  If Fowler is even half as good as you guys think he is he’s worth 5 Jamal Adamses

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ha you think Bowles knows the difference between 3-4 and 4-3

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

a 1st rounder for a guy who'd team option was declined isn't pure delusion? or trading him straight up for a 2nd year rookie 6th overall? cmon that's funny

Jamal Adams should have never been drafted where he was if they did a redraft he’d be a second round pick.  A “ballhawk” who can’t intercept scrubs

Just now, SR24 said:

Fair point, however you can say the same about Fowler

I agree I think Fowler sucks and is a headcase

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Classic Jets GM. Need OL and he’s got his nose stuck in the D. 

I hate Macagnan and think he’s awful but to be fair what is he supposed to do offer Dallas Teddy for Zach Martin str8 up?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Where are we going to get a quality olineman via trade!?!? Our only shot was the guy from Oakland who just restructured his deal to say there 

There’s nobody available.  When it comes to OL you strike early and hard either draft or free agency.  Very rare that a Pete Kendall or Josh Sitton get cut out of nowhere and are available last second 

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

While I do think he was overdrafted, I would gladly take his 10 sacks from last year. I'd hold on to Teddy though. Offer a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th if he eclipses 12 sacks or something. Not like Macs gonna do anything with the draft pick anyway

Fowler had 8 sacks not 10 and that was his career high by far with Tom Coughlin sticking his foot in his rear end micromanaging him.  Fowler in NYC with Bowles drooling on himself would be a disaster

Quinton Coples had 6.5 sacks as a rookie playing interior DL

Just now, SR24 said:

Exactly my point. That's why all this "Trade Teddy for an olineman" talk is nuts. If anything I'd take a flyer on Joeckel on a 1 year deal we've got the cap for it 

Maybe.  He’s gotta have injury issues tho

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He had 8 sacks in the regular season and then 2 against New England in the playoffs.

I don’t think he’ll ever live up to his draft status, but he would instantly become our best pure passrusher and be a pretty sizable upgrade over guys like David Bass, Josh Martin and Dylan Donahue.

Bridgewater for Fowler and a 5th would be a pretty sweet move.

Fowler won’t make it through the season without getting into trouble and he won’t be as good as he was last year 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Perhaps but he is a better pass rusher than anyone we have at all.  Guys that a really good and have no issues never become available.

We have the worst pass rushing OLBs in the nfl by far so yes I agree Fowler is an upgrade over Jenkins and Mauldin who both eat donkey balls

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yeah maybe Robbie Anderson can take him under his wing.

Happy Hour would be interesting 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

8 regular season 2 playoffs

And 4 the previous 2 years combined when he didn’t have Coughlin breathing down his neck 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id stay far away from fowler.  He has issues.

Dont make the same mistake u did w/ mo wilk and get stuck in a long term deal.

Find a pass rusher in the draft next year.

The only thing is Fowler wouldn’t be a monumental risk and mistake like Mac giving Wilkerson $100 million

If he comes here and self_destructs, we lose only what we give up in a trade which is probably Teddy and a mid round pick

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

If we excise Lee, we excise the poorest LB in teh league. The above 3 demonstrated some actual ability and we played cheapskate.

Someone brought up cutting Lee and signing Navarro Bowman.  Sounds like an obvious move that would immediately help our defense but Macagnan 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

For a team who's sack leader had 5 last year and is no longer on the roster, adding someone with 10 can't be a bad thing

I don’t disagree that Fowler isn’t way better than garbage like Jenkins and Mauldin

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be on his best behavior, get 8 sacks snd will will back up the brinks truck.

Then he will go back to being his regular self.  Pass.

Fowler won’t wait that long to be Fowler

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's our best option at the moment apart from Khalil Mack which will wipe out our draft capital. We have the worst edge presence in the league and have the ability to add someone who had more sacks in 2017 than our top 2 defenders(who are both on other teams now) we just gotta roll the dice

Look if the package we give up for Fowler is Teddy and a middle round pick fine.  If Mac goes crazy and starts offering first round picks big time Pass

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You really think Mac has turned down a 2nd for Bridgewater ?  Lol

7F86C7E8-5D22-48C2-ABF9-B80653F3972E.jpeg

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I find it mildly amusing how many people HATE Lee and essentially think Leo Williams is a bust/over hyped player, but are frothing at the mouth to get Dante Fowler.

Lee is worthless.  Fowler at least has some potential even tho it’s guaranteed almost to be wasted

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Fowler had less QB pressures last year than Williams, who everyone thinks is an awful pass rusher.

On the bust scale, Fowler is not much better off than Lee.

Lee sucks at everything and will never be good at anything.  Fowler at least could maybe be a good pass rusher someday if he figured out how to stop being a career criminal

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sam Bradford got a 1st+, Jimmy G got a very high 2nd which everyone knew was to low of an asking price, and the Seahawks just offered up a 2nd for Brissett who fetched a WR who was drafted in the 1st round in the 2015 draft for a 3rd round QB, the Browns agreed to trade for AJ MCCarron for a 2nd, AND a 3rd last year, but botched the paper work during the trade deadline (this is about what I expect the Jets to get in return for TBW some time between week 1, and trade deadline), yes AJ McCarron who was a UFA after the season, and has very little on tape success like TBW does, Alex Smith for a very good starting CB, and a 3rd round pick, and having to pay him $20 million, and the Jets had to pay Josh McCown 10 million to keep him here as the in the know people right, or full of BS have said the Bills where willing to offer up a similar deal, and that’s why the Jets had to act so fast.  

So yes a healthy TBW on a cheap 1 year deal with the option to franchise tag, and hopefully sign long term should he continue to show he can be the QB he was Preseason 2016 before the injury is worth a 2nd rounder NOW, and the price only goes up as the season goes longer, and if you don’t get anything offered at, or better then that you keep TBW, and the Jets will never have to put that great guy, but terrible QB Josh McCown under center again without catastrophic circumstances.

Say by some miracle Darnold has the Jets at 9-4, but Darnold breaks his throwing hand on a defenders helmet after a throw I’m gonna be a hell of a lot more confident in TBW being able to step in, and continue the charge that Darnold began leading then I would if McCown was the QB coming in to play after seeing TBW show ZERO hiccups, and TBH not look like a guy coming off any injury never mind the one he suffered, and IF this were last year TBW would be our starting QB, and I’d wager the Jets would be negotiating an extension for him, at worst franchising him, but everything is about timing, and the Jets got a double gift at the QB position the same year, and TBW will be the odd man out regardless if it’s right, or wrong decision 5 years from now.

Bradford without the injuries probably would have been a top 10 qb in the nfl.  Garropolo was 3-0 by that point and the book was out everyone knew he was the real deal

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Pure nonsense.  

Hey how many picks did Adams have last year?

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

What are you talking about K Mack was the only player to be all pro at two positions De and Olb. ( in the same year) K Mack is not only one of the best pass rushers, but he one of the best run defenders.  K Mack can play De in 4-3 ( Raiders are 4-3 defense) ) or play Olb in 3-4 defense.   Also he's 6'3 265 . 

Bruce Irvin 6'3 260 will play De opposite K Mack .  Unlike Mack he isn't as good a run defender , that they will probably bring in a Tank Carradine, or Fadol Brown to,play obvious run downs.

Were you the guy Raider90210 on JI who used to call me an idiot in 2008 because I made fun of the raiders for taking Jamarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson?

59 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Why I WOULD give up a #1 for Mack Just look at the picks that they have WASTED trying to fill that gap since our last true pass rusher 2000 RD 1-John Abraham. and Shaun Ellis 

2002 RD 1-Bryan Thomas 

2003 RD 1 Dwayne Robertson RD 3 Victor Hobson

2004 RD1 Jonathan Vilma

2005 RD 3 Sione Pouha (not really a pass rusher ) 

2006 RD 3 The Boar Hunter

2007 RD 2 David Harris

2008 RD 1 Vern

2011 RD 1 Wilkerson

2012 RD 1 Quinton Coples

2013 RD 1 Sheldon Richardson

2015 RD 1 Leonard Williams

2016 RD 1 Darron Lee

2018- RD 3 Nathan Shepherd

Our drafts have been a horror show but jets fans think we might get lucky next year 

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company