prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

Imagine buying google and Amazon before they were over a 1000 dollars a share.  The retrospectoscope is always 20/20

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How would his trade value go down if he is throwing gems of games ? Real games ? Lol. Especially when more qbs go down with injuries like they always do. Which also could be Bridgewater and then we get zip. I think Mac will not role that dice in effort to try to get more. He will take what he can before reg seasons  and move on with McCown and darnold.  

I think the biggest reason to trade him now( if a decent offer comes our way) is to keep another roster spot for a player that we like and dont want to expose to waivers.  If we get a 3rd instead of a second but get to keep a guy that shows promise, it might be worth it

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

I mean the Bengals held on to McCarron like he was the next Aaron Rodgers, and they got a team at the deadline to agree to trade a 2nd, AND a 3rd for him, TBW has the exact same contract situation as McCarron had last year at the trade deadline, I couldn’t imagine 2017 trade deadline McCarron is more valuable then a 2018 trade deadline TBW.

I think the more patient the Jets are the more a TBW possible trade will fetch for the Jets, or maybe even payoff on the field for them should something happen to Darnold injury wise, but the Jets team has a very good record when it happens I sure as sh*t want TBW in that scenario over Josh McCown.

Sticking with the investment theme here-  Past performance is no indicator of future results

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Your right every year the value of a decent QB increases so nothing less then a 1st rounder 😉

Would you give up a first rounder for a Teddy Bridgewater rental?

Unless a QB for a contending team becomes injured and is out for the year, I doubt we get more than a third to 5th rd pick.    That could happen but the timing has to be right.   I’d bet you right now  we don’t get a first for Bridgewater

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol, dude. I like you, and seem like a sensible guy.... wake up my friend. the hit rate on Pass Rushers is less that something like 20%. Not the Jenkins variety we presently roster. The Abraham, Freeney, Miller, etc variety, who are debateably harder to hit on than QBs. 

"Teams do it all the time, and come away with studs"

no they don't. They really, really don't.

They often reach in the first 2 rounds and end up with UNDER-PERFORMING prospects like Leo Floyd. Kevin Dodd. Dante Fowler. Shane Ray.  Bud Dupree (remember that fcking guy), Jarvis Jones, Marcus Smith, Dee Ford etc etc etc 

Unless you're landing THE TOP pass rush prospect, then it's a dice-roll. A bad one.  

Solution; try everything. Sign FAs, trade for Fowlers, draft one if you can. 

Can’t believe you didn’t mention Vernon Gholston

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jag fans are saying he is worth a 2nd rounder lol

A second For Fowler?  Or Bridgewater?

18 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He would have preferred a decent stable OL to protect his knee no? I’m sure he would have preferred more than 1 mil in guarantee no ? Jets could still cut him before first game and only lose 1 million for him trying out all summer.. I feel bad for the guy, was really a sh*tty market for him despite him working out on the knee, ect.. I’m glad the jets gave him a shot.. 

So you’re saying he had better options for teams with better offensive lines and weaker QB competition, but he went with the Jets for some crazy reason?   

Can you list all the teams with those attributes?

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Depends on who and why.  All players or their situations arent the same.  Just because a good guy is tossed as an example or for a somewhat minor infraction doesnt put them all on the same level.   By all indications this is a bad guy, putting him in the same boat as others doesnt change that.  Any team is going to be leery of bringing this ****nut onto their team

That all this misbehavior is happening in his contract year is a bad sign.   Most players get that their next contract will be better if they are playing well and good citizens

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company