prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

54 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

Disagree with the bold. I think Teddy's demonstrated that he's healthy. He's taken a couple hits and is playing at a higher level than I expected. I don't think teams have to see him in the regular season to determine his trade value. There's a certain point when his trade value starts to go down as you get closer to the trade deadline, too (when teams will get less use out of the player and know that the Jets are in a position where either they get something now or get nothing). 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

That's a situation changing, that's not being more advantageous waiting for the trade deadline. 

I'd put forth the Pats and Garoppolo. They could've gotten a first rounder or better for him in the preseason, but by the trade deadline -when everyone knew the Pats were just looking to dump him and get something in return- all they could get was a second. Pretty much the position the Jets will be in considering that they've done everything but put Teddy on eBay at this point. Also, by that time, teams have the player for fewer games. Maybe just a handful after he gets up to speed with his new team, and with no guarantee that he's gonna sign long term, making the player less valuable to them. 

They should be taking the best offer they get at the end of the preseason. 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Then how do you explain the 2nd AND 3rd rounder for McCarron that got squashed by mishandled paper work before the deadline? I’d argue the Patriots specifically Belicheck as many reporters have reported was Beli basically gave Jimmy G away for free as a big middle finger to Kraft.

The Browns? 

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. At the deadline, it's the seller that's becoming more desperate. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

A poster made the argument when Bridgewater signed it was only Josh McCown on the roster. We traded up to 3 a few days after he signed. I was arguing he is not stupid, he knew even if we were staying at 6 we still highly likely pick a qb. So he knew he had to likely Beat out 2 capable qbs. There were Other teams with a more shaky qb situation he could have went to. Some act like he actually had the option to pick any team he wanted and just so happened to pick us lol. 

The Jets were a good spot for him. He had to believe that he would beat out McCown, and he probably has. The Jets gave him a nice incentive-laden contract and maybe other teams weren't willing to go that high. The total possible value of $15M might be tough to reach, but a lot of playing time and passing yards incentives that would've been very makeable if the rookie the Jets drafted was more Paxton Lynch than Sam Darnold. 

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like Wilkerson in 2017?  I am fine with the idea of bringing in Fowler, but the cost should not be very high.  Jacksonville didn't use the 5th year option and if they thought they could get something real for him they certainly would have.  He has been causing plenty of trouble and this team has not handled that so well recently.

I agree. This is a guy Jacksonville just wants to be rid of at this point. The cost should be very low and the Jets shouldn't consider any contract extensions until he behaves for a full year. For a late pick (or part of a Bridgewater deal), taking a flier on a knucklehead who plays a position of glaring need isn't a bad move. If he sucks or is a disrupting force in the locker room or gets into more legal trouble, you just let him go and he becomes another chip in the compensation pick lottery. 

• Upvote 4

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company