prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And will be until after Macagnan is finally fired in 10 years

Only three years into the real rebuild? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

And he still had 8 sacks last season and is only 24 with great physical traits  .. wouldn’t mind him at all myself . Also 2 years removed from that acl injury now . Which is usually when players fully regain form . 

Like Wilkerson in 2017?  I am fine with the idea of bringing in Fowler, but the cost should not be very high.  Jacksonville didn't use the 5th year option and if they thought they could get something real for him they certainly would have.  He has been causing plenty of trouble and this team has not handled that so well recently.

• Upvote 1

I would add that I care much less about his age than his contract situation.  He will be a free agent this offseason, at best, you get 15 games with him and then have to pay him.  He doesn't seem like the kind of rational guy who is going to say, well my production has not been that great, I will take a reasonable deal.

I believe that age is the single most overrated factor on these boards.  Darnold is barely 21?  Great, but we will still have to sign him in 4-5 years.  We should be thinking in terms of contract years, not years of age. 

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

BTW a quick Google search will list some players whose teams have recently been thrown out of practice.

Julian Edelman & Stephon Gilmore, DeAndre Hopkins, Evan Engram & Eli Apple, Kyle Long, etc.

If that's a serious reason for staying away from Fowler, it isn't a reason.

• Being a constant/major locker room cancer (not just him having an issue with someone specific) is a reason.
  • Being a bad football player is a reason.

Things getting heated up as these guys are knocking into each other, where the coach then kicks him off the field for the rest of a practice to cool off before it escalates even worse? Meh.

Getting kicked out of practice?  No big whoop.  Getting suspended a week?  That is a little concerning.  I guess you can hang your hat on Ramsey getting suspended the same amount of time for twitter-backing him.  That and the fact that Tom Coughlin is no stranger to ridiculous overreaction.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Was it a week? I thought it was 2 days and they just didn't take him to Washington(?) because they had a 2-team practice the next day, plus travel etc..

No argument on Coughlin. Didn't he used to fine/bench players if they showed up on time to meetings? As in, being on time is being late. Really being on time is being 5 minutes early. Lol what an ass.

It was announced as a week.  I have no idea what he actually served.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company