prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

How crazy is this guy? 

Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.

A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.

Ok the lake thing is kinda funny I can relate to that but not a great sign for long term success 

• Upvote 3

This previous incident seemingly was never reported last offseason, but as Auman tweeted court records show he was arrested in Miami, just a few weeks after the video of Fowler “refereeing” a fight between his ex-girlfriend and girlfriend at the time.

That's straight up loser stuff 

2015:

-3rd overall pick

-Tore ACL

2016:

-Lost starting job week 2

-4 sacks as backup DE

2017:

-Arrested for simple battery

-8 sacks as backup DE

2018:

-Option declined 

-1 gm. suspension for arrest

-1 wk. suspension for fighting

10:59 PM - Aug 12, 2018

• Like 1

the first altercation, Fowler shoved O’Shaughnessy out of bounds after he caught a pass from quarterback Blake Bortles. The shove resulted in a scuffle between the two, which Ramsey also got involved in. Once practice was over with, Fowler then got into a heated argument with Ngakoue, and had to be separated by several teammates in the process.

Fowler was just recently cleared to practice Saturday after he spent the training camp days prior on the PUP list with a shoulder injury. Once he returns from his one-week suspension, he’ll only have two preseason games to participate in — against the Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After that, Fowler will have to serve a regular-season suspension against the New York Giants. That suspension was a direct result of his arrest last season for a physical altercation he had with a St. Petersburg, Fla., man. 

I dunno 

He's talented and all but going from Coughlin to Bowles can we expect better behavior? 

He would probably feel like he was rewarded and set free 

I still say use all the resources to build an offense around Darnold and draft a pass rusher next year its supposed to be a good class for that 

• Upvote 1

Oh hell no this guy is straight up trash 

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I somehow still want him despite you being right about all of this.

He would be the best pass rusher the Jets have had in 10 years since J-Abe.  I think it's worth a flier.  He's on the last year of his rookie deal and will be a Free Agent.  The jets could always just bench him or ban him or not resign him. 

All his troubles are the only reason he is available.  A young talented #3 overall worthy pick entering his prime is just too tasty to pass up for me.  There's basically no commitment.  If he is a bad locker room guy or gets in trouble you can wash your hands of him easily.  But IF....!!!  IF it works out and he somehow gets his sh*t together we have THE BIGGEST PIECE OF THE PUZZLE ON DEFENSE AND THE HARDEST TO FIND.  And then ALL our draft capital next year goes into a strong offensive line rookie class coming out next year. 

Huge upside move - only a little bit of downside being we can cut him loose easily at anytime this year.

All good points and the biggest one is this is why he is available. That's always the catch, why is his team letting him go? You would hope it's money, but when it's character it's a Yoog gamble. 

He would be my preference by miles over Shane Ray. That guy is a major disappointment. 

I have always felt a good locker room cab handle 1 maybe 2 idiots but when it gets up to 3 or more you are asking for trouble. 

I think donohue is a goner so the Jets have Anderson and I think 1 other, Herndon but I'm hopeful that was an isolated deal. 

I wouldn't hate it if they traded for him but he would have to win me over 

On 9/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, JiF said:

I dont know what you're talking about with that other stuff but Fowler was suspended for some altercation where he did something stupid in public.  Like threw some dudes glasses or groceries...cant remember the entire story but that's how it goes for the most part.  

There was also video of him "refereeing" a street fight between his ex-girlfriend and his girlfriend. 

He's not the worst NFL scumbag but he's trash 

I thought the throwing the groceries in a lake was almost funny but it came after he did something dumb in his car and someone had the nerve to say something. 

Locker rooms can only handle so many idiots and we have robbie and Herndon and Robinson already 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company