prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

It wouldn’t be to start, Lee is on his rookie deal. So he would be fine in a backup role. I think the Jags would want a player since they are in a win now mode. Add in a draft pick to even out the trade. 

The Jags don’t want Lee in any capacity.  

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol, dude. I like you, and seem like a sensible guy.... wake up my friend. the hit rate on Pass Rushers is less that something like 20%. Not the Jenkins variety we presently roster. The Abraham, Freeney, Miller, etc variety, who are debateably harder to hit on than QBs. 

"Teams do it all the time, and come away with studs"

no they don't. They really, really don't.

They often reach in the first 2 rounds and end up with UNDER-PERFORMING prospects like Leo Floyd. Kevin Dodd. Dante Fowler. Shane Ray.  Bud Dupree (remember that fcking guy), Jarvis Jones, Marcus Smith, Dee Ford etc etc etc 

Unless you're landing THE TOP pass rush prospect, then it's a dice-roll. A bad one.  

Solution; try everything. Sign FAs, trade for Fowlers, draft one if you can. 

Agreed, the hit rate is low,  but the Jets haven’t even really stepped to the plate when it comes to drafting edge rushers though.  Plus it’s not like they have hit a bunch of home runs with their drafting of other defensive positions early in the draft.  I would rather them swing and miss trying to draft edge guys instead of missing on safeties and small ILBers.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Couples...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Coples was never going to be an edge rusher though.  He did his damage at North Carolina primarily lined up over a guard.  He was at best a 3-4 DE, more of an interior rusher.  Rex made the fatal eval that he was somehow suited for an OLB role ala Suggs.  That was never going to happen.  Same with Leo, not an edge guy, best suited rushing inside.  

• Like 1

I’d rather sign Anthony Barr next year.  Better player, better fit, less of a head ache and probably less money.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Barr is a better fit to replace Lee. He’s not been a pass rusher at the NFL level.

That’s because he’s playing OLB in a 4-3 with Minny.  Put him outside in a 3-4 and he’ll get to the QB.  

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company