prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That's possible. Another take is that Coffee in Hand reached out to the Jags and now the Jags are thinking about what they may want in return. Deals take time and sometimes leaks only know so much.

Deals that are not gonna happen get leaked, ones that do happen are already done deals when they get leaked.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think our coach believes in coaching the players he has not and never admitting that the team NEEDS player X or Player Y. 

Bowles was defensive coordinator in Arizona with the likes of John Abraham (11 sacks) and Calais Campbell. He knows the value in a pass rusher. The jets have made it clear they are going after a pass rusher, but Macc isn't one to rush into things. So he isn't going to cave to the Jags or Raiders demands until they become more reasonable. 

Fowler is suspended week 1. So there is no rush to get this deal for a couple of more weeks. If the Jags truly don't want Fowler, they will get more and more desperate as the season starts. 

Ok Jags want that TBW insurance for Bortles, and Raiders want next years 1st round pick, Jets make both trades, and have Fowler, and Mack bookending Shepherd, Leo, and the rest of the rotational DL, hell I’d change the base to a 2-4-5 swapping in the 5th DB as a 3rd Safety, or 3rd CB depending on opposing personal, on running downs you go with the 3 Safeties running 2 of them down in the box, oh hell who gives a sh*t what D they would run as long as Mack, and Fowler are healthy, and causing havoc off the edge.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bowles was defensive coordinator in Arizona with the likes of John Abraham (11 sacks) and Calais Campbell.

Yeah speaking of Campbell that’s what the Jets we’re supposed to get when they drafted Leo Williams, Campbell basically wrecked havoc on every single play in the playoffs last year for the Jaguars, he pumped up a lot of other guys sack totals, and Fowler is probably one of them, but it’s nice to know when given the opportunity Fowler can capitalize on someone else laying it up for you so you can slam it home like Fowler did vs Brady in the AFCCG last year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Your madden franchise is probably sick

Lol, if I still played it would be.

IF the Raiders, and Jaguars are willing to part with Fowler, and Mack the Jets have the pieces to get it done.

Jeez imagine a world where Carr gets lost for the season this week (I am in no way hoping, or rooting for him to get hurt, or any other player for that matter) Gruden might go all Gruden, and do a TBW, and 3rd rounder for Mack, without a QB Gruden has zero interest in coaching the upcoming season.

1 minute ago, Jetmech said:

I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well both Campbell, and Leo play, or in Campbell’s case played in this exact scheme one was dominant, and still is the other is a very good young player that will surprise me if he ever reaches Campbell like game changer.

I really hope Leo isn’t the product of K Rodgers being so bad at DC he is holding Leo back from being that dominant player, and is being used wrong, but when used right he becomes a Campbell type player, hopefully we will be seeing the last of Rodgers this year, and the Jets can get a look at Leo in a different defense to make sure he isn’t being used improperly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

Sam Bradford got a 1st+, Jimmy G got a very high 2nd which everyone knew was to low of an asking price, and the Seahawks just offered up a 2nd for Brissett who fetched a WR who was drafted in the 1st round in the 2015 draft for a 3rd round QB, the Browns agreed to trade for AJ MCCarron for a 2nd, AND a 3rd last year, but botched the paper work during the trade deadline (this is about what I expect the Jets to get in return for TBW some time between week 1, and trade deadline), yes AJ McCarron who was a UFA after the season, and has very little on tape success like TBW does, Alex Smith for a very good starting CB, and a 3rd round pick, and having to pay him $20 million, and the Jets had to pay Josh McCown 10 million to keep him here as the in the know people right, or full of BS have said the Bills where willing to offer up a similar deal, and that’s why the Jets had to act so fast.  

So yes a healthy TBW on a cheap 1 year deal with the option to franchise tag, and hopefully sign long term should he continue to show he can be the QB he was Preseason 2016 before the injury is worth a 2nd rounder NOW, and the price only goes up as the season goes longer, and if you don’t get anything offered at, or better then that you keep TBW, and the Jets will never have to put that great guy, but terrible QB Josh McCown under center again without catastrophic circumstances.

Say by some miracle Darnold has the Jets at 9-4, but Darnold breaks his throwing hand on a defenders helmet after a throw I’m gonna be a hell of a lot more confident in TBW being able to step in, and continue the charge that Darnold began leading then I would if McCown was the QB coming in to play after seeing TBW show ZERO hiccups, and TBH not look like a guy coming off any injury never mind the one he suffered, and IF this were last year TBW would be our starting QB, and I’d wager the Jets would be negotiating an extension for him, at worst franchising him, but everything is about timing, and the Jets got a double gift at the QB position the same year, and TBW will be the odd man out regardless if it’s right, or wrong decision 5 years from now.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Fowler had less QB pressures last year than Williams, who everyone thinks is an awful pass rusher.

On the bust scale, Fowler is not much better off than Lee.

See I’d argue that Williams QB pressures would turn into a lot more sacks for a guy like Fowler coming off the edge to clean up a QB who was just flushed out of the pocket up the middle by Williams instead of our current edge rushers who are still being blocked at the POA by TE’s, and RB’s letting those QB’s get away, and sometimes make big plays off those missed sack opportunities.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

Lol you wake up bud, TBW HAS shown he is fine while taking hits, AND scrambling already, the Seahawks traded the Jets Kearse, AND a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson last year, so for you to think any contending team who is in a position to go for it would not throw a 2nd rounder the Jets way for TBW is you snoozing, 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team

this line tells us all we need to know about why we are a mediocre team.  this is our last 3 first round picks.  

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Without any prior knowledge of these players being who they turned out to be.. you wouldn’t have complained had we picked a CB at 6?

I mean I would have complained like I did last year that it wasn’t Pat Mahomes, and taking myself out of the moment of the actual draft where regardless of position you can get a little more juiced about a player then you should at 6 like a SS I would complain a hell of a lot less about CB at 6 then a SS at 6.

38 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Imagine buying google and Amazon before they were over a 1000 dollars a share.  The retrospectoscope is always 20/20

I mean yeah if I was going to buy a few stocks, and I ended up buying GE, and GM instead of Amazon, and Google, BUT both Amazon, and Google were on my radar, and other investors radar around me then in retrospect I did a poor job not unlucky, and probably should stop being the person in charge to make decisions on my future investments ;)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, slats said:

Disagree with the bold. I think Teddy's demonstrated that he's healthy. He's taken a couple hits and is playing at a higher level than I expected. I don't think teams have to see him in the regular season to determine his trade value. There's a certain point when his trade value starts to go down as you get closer to the trade deadline, too (when teams will get less use out of the player and know that the Jets are in a position where either they get something now or get nothing). 

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

I mean the Bengals held on to McCarron like he was the next Aaron Rodgers, and they got a team at the deadline to agree to trade a 2nd, AND a 3rd for him, TBW has the exact same contract situation as McCarron had last year at the trade deadline, I couldn’t imagine 2017 trade deadline McCarron is more valuable then a 2018 trade deadline TBW.

I think the more patient the Jets are the more a TBW possible trade will fetch for the Jets, or maybe even payoff on the field for them should something happen to Darnold injury wise, but the Jets team has a very good record when it happens I sure as sh*t want TBW in that scenario over Josh McCown.

39 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

lol. 

i'd love to see who he wanted us to pick at those spots.  

Pat Mahomes it’s well documented lol!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Sticking with the investment theme here-  Past performance is no indicator of future results

Your right every year the value of a decent QB increases so nothing less then a 1st rounder 😉

3 minutes ago, slats said:

That's a situation changing, that's not being more advantageous waiting for the trade deadline. 

I'd put forth the Pats and Garoppolo. They could've gotten a first rounder or better for him in the preseason, but by the trade deadline -when everyone knew the Pats were just looking to dump him and get something in return- all they could get was a second. Pretty much the position the Jets will be in considering that they've done everything but put Teddy on eBay at this point. Also, by that time, teams have the player for fewer games. Maybe just a handful after he gets up to speed with his new team, and with no guarantee that he's gonna sign long term, making the player less valuable to them. 

They should be taking the best offer they get at the end of the preseason. 

Then how do you explain the 2nd AND 3rd rounder for McCarron that got squashed by mishandled paper work before the deadline? I’d argue the Patriots specifically Belicheck as many reporters have reported was Beli basically gave Jimmy G away for free as a big middle finger to Kraft.

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so it will be interesting to track Pat vs Sam and the other corresponding moves.  i think you will be satisfied with Sam.  maybe not 100% happy but Sam seems like he's got the ability to be a top 15 qb in this league.

I’m all in on Sam, never thought the Jets would get a chance at him in a million years last year at the draft so Mahomes was my guy, I’d take Sam over Mahomes, but no other QB from the last 2 drafts is ahead of Mahomes for me, so in hindsight the Jets got option 1 for me at QB, but passed on option 2 a year earlier, and nobody ever thought Darnold would be there for the Jets at 3 up until about 5 days before the draft.

• Thumb Down 1

Fowler is not available unless it’s an offer they can’t refuse.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company