Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think people are just selectively outraged. Actually I don’t think it, I know it. We all know it.

They want to dump him because they don’t need him, and if they can get something for him - exactly like the Jets with Teddy Bridgewater - why hold onto him as a backup for 1 year when you can get a starter in return? That’s how I see it. 

Selective outrage?

Or:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820658/article/dante-fowler-arrested-on-two-misdemeanor-charges

Dante-Fowler-Mugshot.jpg

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fowler brought his GF and baby momma together and refereed a fight between the two. Hes a bad guy, no matter how much we want 8 sacks 

Theres a reason the Jags want to dump a 3rd year player, a 3rd pick in the draft after only 2 seasons.  Its not because hes misunderstood or a Ingram, Hopkins or Long

Did he actually call one up and say 'come by I need to be entertained'? Or did one show up to confront the other without his knowledge? I'm actually asking. Women are just as violent and crazy as men... Probably more so and I wouldn't be so quick to blame him. Unfortunately say he gets involved and separates them (wait just saw he did he roll one off the other). I'm waiting for charges to be filed and civil suits to be brought. I think he did a good job keeping steel chairs out of the match for what it's worth. Maybe he could ref in some wrestling league. Also, seeing the video they should have kept their shoes on for better traction.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Whos defending Lee and what would that have to do with it?  If Lee did anything this bad then it would be two POSs, not one.  

Its not selectively outraged, its a horrible situation that he put himself in and shows what kind of dirt bag he is.  He didnt get pissed at someone and overreacted, like when he beat a guys face in over a driving incident.  This was someone who brought his GF and baby momma together to fight.  Youre seriously going to try and make a case for people are being selectively outraged?  Really?  Hes garbage, has proven it more than a few times.  

They want to dump him because hes a POS. Theyre said to want to move him after another incident, not because another player is playing well and they dont need him and his salary.  Youve lumped him normal players and situations to satisfy you wanting him, not out of what he is and brings to the table.  Please stop comparing him to others who arent problems.  its not like the Jets wanting to move TB, a player who isnt needed.   

Yes. A 230-pound gym rat about to pummel his petite GF - if that's the end that Leo prevented - is worse than a loon who's going to referee a fight between 2 women who want to fight over him. Both are bad, and both are probably mental, but one act would be worse.

Again, you don't know all their reasons no matter how much you profess to know it all. They can't keep everyone. They have a choice of keeping him for 1 year and getting nothing, or getting something for him now (including maybe a QB upgrade since Bortles is so hit or miss and they're contenders right now). 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes. A 230-pound gym rat about to pummel his petite GF - if that's the end that Leo prevented - is worse than a loon who's going to referee a fight between 2 women who want to fight over him. Both are bad, and both are probably mental, but one act would be worse.

Again, you don't know all their reasons no matter how much you profess to know it all. They can't keep everyone. They have a choice of keeping him for 1 year and getting nothing, or getting something for him now (including maybe a QB upgrade since Bortles is so hit or miss and they're contenders right now). 

Again, youre tyring to make a case for someone by anothers behavior.  Lee has nothing to do with Fowler.  Lee is a Jet who even if he turns out to be a POS nothing in his past shows him in that light, wasnt a flag not to bring him in.

Fowles a completely different case.  Youre trying to convince people to use draft assets to bring someone in who is a known POS.  Not the same in any way shape or form.  I dont agree, youre entitled to your opinion and you have your own standards for bringing in players. 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is he doing the punching? No. 

Lee looked like he was going to rip her head off himself. Leo saved him because he's actually a decent person who isn't clearly mental.

Are you serious, Is he punching?  SO youre ok with this. And assaulting a driver?  You bring up Lees size NOW?  Hes a small player who now is a 230 lb gym rat?  LOL  And Fowlers what, small?  Who were not guessing might have hit someone, was arrested for an assault.  Good to know what were dealing with here.  Youre comparing this tape to a player who was cleared of doing anything, because a teammate had to separate him and his GF and youre guessing that Lee was going to rip her head off?   

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He may very well be a total nut who lashes out at anyone he thinks looks at him wrong, but that hasn’t been established. Based on the info we have I think people are reading way too much into it. 

Total denial

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Best case scenario is trading a late pick for Fowler- he's going into his contract year and I'm sure Coughlin would like to get rid of him, cause he sure as hell can't get rid of Ramsey! Then trade Teddy for a 2 if possible- Pull that off Big Mac after snagging Sam Darnold & I'll ignore your disinterest in the Oline until next offseasoffseaso

Another redundant thread when we have one going? What's up with that?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, youre tyring to make a case for someone by anothers behavior.  Lee has nothing to do with Fowler.  Lee is a Jet who even if he turns out to be a POS nothing in his past shows him in that light, wasnt a flag not to bring him in.

Fowles a completely different case.  Youre trying to convince people to use draft assets to bring someone in who is a known POS.  Not the same in any way shape or form.  I dont agree, youre entitled to your opinion and you have your own standards for bringing in players. 

I'm making the case because you're bringing character into it. Meanwhile I don't see you whining that we should dump Lee because he's demonstrated he's mental and quite likely abusive. If anything you come to this asshat's rescue when he gets badmouthed by anyone.

• Refereeing a match makes him look like an asshat, but going after a petite woman is worse.
  • One looks like major insecurity and immaturity; the other looks like someone who doesn't know basic right from wrong.

Assets are assets. Draft assets are not inherently more valuable than $ assets (especially draft "assets" after round 1 with this GM). It's all relative. There are high draft picks and low draft picks; high $ and low $. The same person constantly cooing and drooling over a GM who's handed out a quarter of a billion dollars in bad contracts and screwed up so many draft picks, is now being selectively outraged about the loss of "draft assets" when that's been the norm here for years. 

Take note: no one is giving up a #6 overall pick for Teddy Bridgewater, so don't worry about draft assets for Macc. Likewise, nobody is advocating trading our 1st round pick for Fowler. So this is all in your head. And all I said is if we were to make this move and fill our edge rusher hole, while keeping our 1st rounder, it would solve that problem very neatly. To you, because you are an inherently dishonest person, this translates to trying to convince people to use draft assets to bring in a known POS.

I could flip your logic back onto you: you're not advocating we trade Lee, so therefore you're advocating we use (bypass) draft assets to keep a known POS. 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you serious, Is he punching?  SO youre ok with this. And assaulting a driver?  You bring up Lees size NOW?  Hes a small player who now is a 230 lb gym rat?  LOL  And Fowlers what, small?  Who were not guessing might have hit someone, was arrested for an assault.  Good to know what were dealing with here.  Youre comparing this tape to a player who was cleared of doing anything, because a teammate had to separate him and his GF and youre guessing that Lee was going to rip her head off?   

He is small and weak for a linebacker.

He is huge and strong compared to a petite woman.

I could teach a potato chip to grasp this simple concept.

I'm making the case because you're bringing character into it. Meanwhile I don't see you whining that we should dump Lee because he's demonstrated he's mental and quite likely abusive. If anything you come to this asshat's rescue when he gets badmouthed by anyone.

• Refereeing a match makes him look like an asshat, but going after a petite woman is worse.
  • One looks like major insecurity and immaturity; the other looks like someone who doesn't know basic right from wrong.

Assets are assets. Draft assets are not inherently more valuable than $ assets (especially draft "assets" after round 1 with this GM). It's all relative. There are high draft picks and low draft picks; high $ and low $. The same person constantly cooing and drooling over a GM who's handed out a quarter of a billion dollars in bad contracts and screwed up so many draft picks, is now being selectively outraged about the loss of "draft assets" when that's been the norm here for years. 

Take note: no one is giving up a #6 overall pick for Teddy Bridgewater, so don't worry about draft assets for Macc. Likewise, nobody is advocating trading our 1st round pick for Fowler. So this is all in your head. And all I said is if we were to make this move and fill our edge rusher hole, while keeping our 1st rounder, it would solve that problem very neatly. To you, because you are an inherently dishonest person, this translates to trying to convince people to use draft assets to bring in a known POS.

I could flip your logic back onto you: you're not advocating we trade Lee, so therefore you're advocating we use (bypass) draft assets to keep a known POS. 

And you wouldnt say any of this, put this nonsense down in type if he didnt register 8 stupid sacks a year ago.  Stop already, I dont agree with you, thats it

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

However 6’3”/255 is certainly big enough to be a 4-3 DE. Even less of an issue if your other DE is a bigger end (e.g. Leo).

So... if you had otherwise strict 43 personnel (e.g. a few 225-235-pound LBers and a good, gap-shooting type DT or two), you’d be looking to make changes to get rid of both your DEs named Yannick Ngakoue and Khalil Mack because they’re too small. Duly noted, lol. Call me up first when you want to make a trade ;)

Really not sure how  you took me saying Fowler is a better fit in a 3-4 as saying I would want to get rid of Kahil Mack and Ngakoue - those guys are fine to play DE at 250 because they have elite speed, something Fowler doesnt have.  But ok

He is small and weak for a linebacker.

He is huge and strong compared to a petite woman.

I could teach a potato chip to grasp this simple concept.

How petite?  Most women are petite next to NFL defensive players, so?   Shes not even in the video where you imagine punches and ripping off of a head.  Youre desperately spinning this into Fowler vs Lee not that Fowler is a POS that some of us are afraid of bringing onto this team.  Thats the point, not what Lee did or didnt do, thats a spin to defend your case for Fowler, nice try though

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I read the reports this offseason on him. I was shocked he couldn’t find a better team, with similar or better offer. I’m betting 4th at best, before season.  Anybody ready to put their $ where their mouth is, I’m ready to deal ?

i'll take the bet - i think they get 4th or better.  so let's say 2/3/4th i win, 5th/6th/7th you win.  20 bucks to the others favorite charity?

20 hours ago, Losmeister said:

problem is his speed is way overrated. he keeps tryna runa around people and he cannot. stop repeating nonsense and watch the phukking game tapes. he gets hsi arse owned time after time after time. he does not belong in the league. maybe arean football. does that still exist.

he is easily blocked and cant disrupt schitt.

well you never know until you try. And I am not repeating nonsense, if it was posted somewhere else I did not see it. I watch the games and right now he is not succeeding in his current role it is time to try to change things up

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not trying to make that case, even though you would like to frame it that way. 

I'm making the case that your personal assessment on the subject is meaningless since you have little to say when it's someone else. Selective outrage.

Me? I think they're both probably mental.

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How petite?  Most women are petite next to NFL defensive players, so?   Shes not even in the video where you imagine punches and ripping off of a head.  Youre desperately spinning this into Fowler vs Lee not that Fowler is a POS that some of us are afraid of bringing onto this team.  Thats the point, not what Lee did or didnt do, thats a spin to defend your case for Fowler, nice try though

rofl

yeah he's a prince

I'm not trying to make that case, even though you would like to frame it that way. 

I'm making the case that your personal assessment on the subject is meaningless since you have little to say when it's someone else. Selective outrage.

Me? I think they're both probably mental.

No, youre clouding the issue by bringing in Lee as if him yelling at his girlfriend or whatever else you want to escalate it into exonerates Fowler into the realm of selective outrage.  

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

rofl

yeah he's a prince

And you dont have a friggen clue what he is, just are bringing him down to make a case for Fowler.  Isnt a good thing Sperm, its actually a lot worse.  Of course youre not trying to convince anyone, ROFLOL

43 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Really not sure how  you took me saying Fowler is a better fit in a 3-4 as saying I would want to get rid of Kahil Mack and Ngakoue - those guys are fine to play DE at 250 because they have elite speed, something Fowler doesnt have.  But ok

I thought you said he was too small to play 43 DE. You didn't mention speed. I'm not a mindreader. 

But if you're going by combine times (all I have), in a dead sprint Fowler (4.56) ran the 40 the same as Mack (4.55) and faster than Ngakoue (4.68).

I don't know if he's lost a step after his rookie injury. Could be, but I'd be lying if I said I've watched him closely and regularly these past 2 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, youre clouding the issue by bringing in Lee as if him yelling at his girlfriend or whatever else you want to escalate it into exonerates Fowler into the realm of selective outrage.  

Fowler sounds like an asshat but he didn't go after either of those two women and didn't lose control of himself. 

You're the one who introduced that scumbaggery to disqualify Fowler outright. You've had little to say about even worse scumbaggery by Lee, who was physically going after a much smaller woman and needed to be physically restrained (by someone who knew him well and could see where it was going if he didn't).

12 minutes ago, rammagen said:

well you never know until you try. And I am not repeating nonsense, if it was posted somewhere else I did not see it. I watch the games and right now he is not succeeding in his current role it is time to try to change things up

'pologies if i sounded personal at all, i aint inna internet squabbles...

my point is that they DO send him on blitzes and he is so easy to block that it pathetic...

if the Dbs can cover long enough he gets garbage sacks as the QB scurries around.

he NEVER beats his man cleanly 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you dont have a friggen clue what he is, just are bringing him down to make a case for Fowler.  Isnt a good thing Sperm, its actually a lot worse.  Of course youre not trying to convince anyone, ROFLOL

You don't know what he is either. Unlike you, though, I don't claim to. 

You've got a video of him decidedly not out of control as referee, and that he got into a yelling match with a teammate after practice. The height of your own inferences based on these 2 events is disproportionate when one considers your comparative silence vs someone like Lee.

50 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You don't know what he is either. Unlike you, though, I don't claim to. 

You've got a video of him decidedly not out of control as referee, and that he got into a yelling match with a teammate after practice. The height of your own inferences based on these 2 events is disproportionate when one considers your comparative silence vs someone like Lee.

You're really not serious.   I'm not discussing this anymore is you're going to make the nonsense argument that bringing two exes together to fight and watching them punch each other out is no big deal.  You've lost it and are far too desperate.

One more time.  Stop trying to convince me, I don't agree.  It's not a crime to disagree here

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'll take the bet - i think they get 4th or better.  so let's say 2/3/4th i win, 5th/6th/7th you win.  20 bucks to the others favorite charity?

? nice try, you only get to pick 1 lol. It won’t be a 7th we all know that dude lol. I say 4th. I thought you would go with 2nd ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

? nice try, you only get to pick 1 lol. It won’t be a 7th we all know that dude lol. I say 4th. I thought you would go with 2nd ?‍♂️

the joe namath poster says we are cutting him, which would be a win for you.

i say 4th also.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

'pologies if i sounded personal at all, i aint inna internet squabbles...

my point is that they DO send him on blitzes and he is so easy to block that it pathetic...

if the Dbs can cover long enough he gets garbage sacks as the QB scurries around.

he NEVER beats his man cleanly 

NP I also think a big part of the issue is the DC. Their blitzes are to predictable and the players . Jenkins for instance is great on the edge but he gets blocked way to easy, the one guy that showed some promise is Maudlin is always injured. They need to be more creative and get miss matches somewhere to generate some type of pressure.  I would wonder what their stunts will look like on the dl, it is the preseason but i have not seen anything that jumped out.

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

BTW a quick Google search will list some players whose teams have recently been thrown out of practice.

Julian Edelman & Stephon Gilmore, DeAndre Hopkins, Evan Engram & Eli Apple, Kyle Long, etc.

If that's a serious reason for staying away from Fowler, it isn't a reason.

• Being a constant/major locker room cancer (not just him having an issue with someone specific) is a reason.
  • Being a bad football player is a reason.

Things getting heated up as these guys are knocking into each other, where the coach then kicks him off the field for the rest of a practice to cool off before it escalates even worse? Meh.

Getting kicked out of practice?  No big whoop.  Getting suspended a week?  That is a little concerning.  I guess you can hang your hat on Ramsey getting suspended the same amount of time for twitter-backing him.  That and the fact that Tom Coughlin is no stranger to ridiculous overreaction.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Getting kicked out of practice?  No big whoop.  Getting suspended a week?  That is a little concerning.  I guess you can hang your hat on Ramsey getting suspended the same amount of time for twitter-backing him.  That and the fact that Tom Coughlin is no stranger to ridiculous overreaction.

Was it a week? I thought it was 2 days and they just didn't take him to Washington(?) because they had a 2-team practice the next day, plus travel etc..

No argument on Coughlin. Didn't he used to fine/bench players if they showed up on time to meetings? As in, being on time is being late. Really being on time is being 5 minutes early. Lol what an ass.

Archived