Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

And 4 the previous 2 years combined when he didn’t have Coughlin breathing down his neck 

For a team who's sack leader had 5 last year and is no longer on the roster, adding someone with 10 can't be a bad thing

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetmech said:

I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well both Campbell, and Leo play, or in Campbell’s case played in this exact scheme one was dominant, and still is the other is a very good young player that will surprise me if he ever reaches Campbell like game changer.

I really hope Leo isn’t the product of K Rodgers being so bad at DC he is holding Leo back from being that dominant player, and is being used wrong, but when used right he becomes a Campbell type player, hopefully we will be seeing the last of Rodgers this year, and the Jets can get a look at Leo in a different defense to make sure he isn’t being used improperly.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

If we excise Lee, we excise the poorest LB in teh league. The above 3 demonstrated some actual ability and we played cheapskate.

Someone brought up cutting Lee and signing Navarro Bowman.  Sounds like an obvious move that would immediately help our defense but Macagnan 

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Bridgewater for Fowler and a 5th would be a pretty sweet move.

I don't think it would be a good move at all. Bridgewater could yield a second-round pick in the right circumstances. Some fans seem to be smitten with Fowler because of his name and draft pedigree, but he has done nothing but underperformed in the NFL. His only role in the Jaguar defense was to rush the QB (note the low number of tackles in his stat lines), and yet he had only eight sacks last year. Why would anyone think he's going to find the light when he moves to the Jets?

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

For a team who's sack leader had 5 last year and is no longer on the roster, adding someone with 10 can't be a bad thing

I don’t disagree that Fowler isn’t way better than garbage like Jenkins and Mauldin

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The only thing is Fowler wouldn’t be a monumental risk and mistake like Mac giving Wilkerson $100 million

If he comes here and self_destructs, we lose only what we give up in a trade which is probably Teddy and a mid round pick

He will be on his best behavior, get 8 sacks snd will will back up the brinks truck.

Then he will go back to being his regular self.  Pass.

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yeah.  It is.  Here's a Jacksonville article about this. https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/dante-fowler-jr-trade-market/

Meanwhile articles in the very same city acknowledge Bridgewater would probably cost at least a 2nd rounder.   https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/8/20/17761174/should-the-jacksonville-jaguars-trade-for-teddy-bridgewater

Only some Jets fans think Fowler is worth as much as Bridgewater.

You really think Mac has turned down a 2nd for Bridgewater ?  Lol

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don’t disagree that Fowler isn’t way better than garbage like Jenkins and Mauldin

He's our best option at the moment apart from Khalil Mack which will wipe out our draft capital. We have the worst edge presence in the league and have the ability to add someone who had more sacks in 2017 than our top 2 defenders(who are both on other teams now) we just gotta roll the dice

We have a GM who can't draft to save his life anyway. Send them a 4th round pick or Teddy idc. Mac has a hard enough time drafting players that can run in a straight line, adding 10 sacks would be the highlight of his tenure lmao

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's our best option at the moment apart from Khalil Mack which will wipe out our draft capital. We have the worst edge presence in the league and have the ability to add someone who had more sacks in 2017 than our top 2 defenders(who are both on other teams now) we just gotta roll the dice

Look if the package we give up for Fowler is Teddy and a middle round pick fine.  If Mac goes crazy and starts offering first round picks big time Pass

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I find it mildly amusing how many people HATE Lee and essentially think Leo Williams is a bust/over hyped player, but are frothing at the mouth to get Dante Fowler.

Lee is worthless.  Fowler at least has some potential even tho it’s guaranteed almost to be wasted

Just now, Philc1 said:

Lee is worthless.  Fowler at least has some potential even tho it’s guaranteed almost to be wasted

Fowler had less QB pressures last year than Williams, who everyone thinks is an awful pass rusher.

On the bust scale, Fowler is not much better off than Lee.

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

Sam Bradford got a 1st+, Jimmy G got a very high 2nd which everyone knew was to low of an asking price, and the Seahawks just offered up a 2nd for Brissett who fetched a WR who was drafted in the 1st round in the 2015 draft for a 3rd round QB, the Browns agreed to trade for AJ MCCarron for a 2nd, AND a 3rd last year, but botched the paper work during the trade deadline (this is about what I expect the Jets to get in return for TBW some time between week 1, and trade deadline), yes AJ McCarron who was a UFA after the season, and has very little on tape success like TBW does, Alex Smith for a very good starting CB, and a 3rd round pick, and having to pay him $20 million, and the Jets had to pay Josh McCown 10 million to keep him here as the in the know people right, or full of BS have said the Bills where willing to offer up a similar deal, and that’s why the Jets had to act so fast.  

So yes a healthy TBW on a cheap 1 year deal with the option to franchise tag, and hopefully sign long term should he continue to show he can be the QB he was Preseason 2016 before the injury is worth a 2nd rounder NOW, and the price only goes up as the season goes longer, and if you don’t get anything offered at, or better then that you keep TBW, and the Jets will never have to put that great guy, but terrible QB Josh McCown under center again without catastrophic circumstances.

Say by some miracle Darnold has the Jets at 9-4, but Darnold breaks his throwing hand on a defenders helmet after a throw I’m gonna be a hell of a lot more confident in TBW being able to step in, and continue the charge that Darnold began leading then I would if McCown was the QB coming in to play after seeing TBW show ZERO hiccups, and TBH not look like a guy coming off any injury never mind the one he suffered, and IF this were last year TBW would be our starting QB, and I’d wager the Jets would be negotiating an extension for him, at worst franchising him, but everything is about timing, and the Jets got a double gift at the QB position the same year, and TBW will be the odd man out regardless if it’s right, or wrong decision 5 years from now.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Fowler had less QB pressures last year than Williams, who everyone thinks is an awful pass rusher.

Lee sucks at everything and will never be good at anything.  Fowler at least could maybe be a good pass rusher someday if he figured out how to stop being a career criminal

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Look if the package we give up for Fowler is Teddy and a middle round pick fine.  If Mac goes crazy and starts offering first round picks big time Pass

We couldn't be more on the same page

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sam Bradford got a 1st+, Jimmy G got a very high 2nd which everyone knew was to low of an asking price, and the Seahawks just offered up a 2nd for Brissett who fetched a WR who was drafted in the 1st round in the 2015 draft for a 3rd round QB, the Browns agreed to trade for AJ MCCarron for a 2nd, AND a 3rd last year, but botched the paper work during the trade deadline (this is about what I expect the Jets to get in return for TBW some time between week 1, and trade deadline), yes AJ McCarron who was a UFA after the season, and has very little on tape success like TBW does, Alex Smith for a very good starting CB, and a 3rd round pick, and having to pay him $20 million, and the Jets had to pay Josh McCown 10 million to keep him here as the in the know people right, or full of BS have said the Bills where willing to offer up a similar deal, and that’s why the Jets had to act so fast.  

So yes a healthy TBW on a cheap 1 year deal with the option to franchise tag, and hopefully sign long term should he continue to show he can be the QB he was Preseason 2016 before the injury is worth a 2nd rounder NOW, and the price only goes up as the season goes longer, and if you don’t get anything offered at, or better then that you keep TBW, and the Jets will never have to put that great guy, but terrible QB Josh McCown under center again without catastrophic circumstances.

Say by some miracle Darnold has the Jets at 9-4, but Darnold breaks his throwing hand on a defenders helmet after a throw I’m gonna be a hell of a lot more confident in TBW being able to step in, and continue the charge that Darnold began leading then I would if McCown was the QB coming in to play after seeing TBW show ZERO hiccups, and TBH not look like a guy coming off any injury never mind the one he suffered, and IF this were last year TBW would be our starting QB, and I’d wager the Jets would be negotiating an extension for him, at worst franchising him, but everything is about timing, and the Jets got a double gift at the QB position the same year, and TBW will be the odd man out regardless if it’s right, or wrong decision 5 years from now.

Bradford without the injuries probably would have been a top 10 qb in the nfl.  Garropolo was 3-0 by that point and the book was out everyone knew he was the real deal

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

See I’d argue that Williams QB pressures would turn into a lot more sacks for a guy like Fowler coming off the edge to clean up a QB who was just flushed out of the pocket up the middle by Williams instead of our current edge rushers who are still being blocked at the POA by TE’s, and RB’s letting those QB’s get away, and sometimes make big plays off those missed sack opportunities.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

Lol you wake up bud, TBW HAS shown he is fine while taking hits, AND scrambling already, the Seahawks traded the Jets Kearse, AND a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson last year, so for you to think any contending team who is in a position to go for it would not throw a 2nd rounder the Jets way for TBW is you snoozing, 

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team, and maybe be able to get some additional draft capital, OL help and possibly someone like Fowler or Mack.

With all the rumors flying around Bridgewater for Fowler seems an obvious trade. I think both would be interested.

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team, and maybe be able to get some additional draft capital, OL help and possibly someone like Fowler or Mack.
With all the rumors flying around Bridgewater for Fowler seems an obvious trade. I think both would be interested.

So we can drop Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams pick up fowler and become a better team? I don't think you are selling Adams and Leo short.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

So we can drop Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams pick up fowler and become a better team? I don't think you are selling Adams and Leo short.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

My phrase was not really worse, as in not much worse, but with the equity to get much better in certain areas which makes the team better overall.

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure nonsense.  

It's really not. In the box safety is maybe the least important position in all of defense, and Adams was overdrafted significantly because people fell in love with his leadership. I would never draft any SS in the first round.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team

this line tells us all we need to know about why we are a mediocre team.  this is our last 3 first round picks.  

Archived