Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

47 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How would his trade value go down if he is throwing gems of games ? Real games ? Lol. Especially when more qbs go down with injuries like they always do. Which also could be Bridgewater and then we get zip. I think Mac will not role that dice in effort to try to get more. He will take what he can before reg seasons  and move on with McCown and darnold.  

I think the biggest reason to trade him now( if a decent offer comes our way) is to keep another roster spot for a player that we like and dont want to expose to waivers.  If we get a 3rd instead of a second but get to keep a guy that shows promise, it might be worth it

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Mac is a genius you are saying ? Every team in nfl had chance to sign Bridgewater, nobody offered him anything. Jets barely. You are still not getting it. teams either saw or heard, he can run and move on the knee, still opted not to sign him for peanuts.. now you think they are going to offer a premium pick for what many knew he could do ? Lol. What they weren’t sure he can do, is take “ real hits” in “ real “ games. So until they do, their opinion has not changed much from when they decided not to even give him a mil to show up for camp.

It was surprising that there wasn't much interest in him. Is his agent the same as Cousins? It's possible the Jets had this planned during the Cousins thing and had good timing?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

I mean the Bengals held on to McCarron like he was the next Aaron Rodgers, and they got a team at the deadline to agree to trade a 2nd, AND a 3rd for him, TBW has the exact same contract situation as McCarron had last year at the trade deadline, I couldn’t imagine 2017 trade deadline McCarron is more valuable then a 2018 trade deadline TBW.

I think the more patient the Jets are the more a TBW possible trade will fetch for the Jets, or maybe even payoff on the field for them should something happen to Darnold injury wise, but the Jets team has a very good record when it happens I sure as sh*t want TBW in that scenario over Josh McCown.

Sticking with the investment theme here-  Past performance is no indicator of future results

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

That's a situation changing, that's not being more advantageous waiting for the trade deadline. 

I'd put forth the Pats and Garoppolo. They could've gotten a first rounder or better for him in the preseason, but by the trade deadline -when everyone knew the Pats were just looking to dump him and get something in return- all they could get was a second. Pretty much the position the Jets will be in considering that they've done everything but put Teddy on eBay at this point. Also, by that time, teams have the player for fewer games. Maybe just a handful after he gets up to speed with his new team, and with no guarantee that he's gonna sign long term, making the player less valuable to them. 

They should be taking the best offer they get at the end of the preseason. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So Mac is a genius you are saying ? Every team in nfl had chance to sign Bridgewater, nobody offered him anything. Jets barely.

This is not true. Bridgewater met with multiple teams and picked the Jets because he wanted to start. More importantly he sought a short-term deal in hopes of upping his value for a larger contract.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

That's a situation changing, that's not being more advantageous waiting for the trade deadline. 

I'd put forth the Pats and Garoppolo. They could've gotten a first rounder or better for him in the preseason, but by the trade deadline -when everyone knew the Pats were just looking to dump him and get something in return- all they could get was a second. Pretty much the position the Jets will be in considering that they've done everything but put Teddy on eBay at this point. Also, by that time, teams have the player for fewer games. Maybe just a handful after he gets up to speed with his new team, and with no guarantee that he's gonna sign long term, making the player less valuable to them. 

They should be taking the best offer they get at the end of the preseason. 

Then how do you explain the 2nd AND 3rd rounder for McCarron that got squashed by mishandled paper work before the deadline? I’d argue the Patriots specifically Belicheck as many reporters have reported was Beli basically gave Jimmy G away for free as a big middle finger to Kraft.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Then how do you explain the 2nd AND 3rd rounder for McCarron that got squashed by mishandled paper work before the deadline? I’d argue the Patriots specifically Belicheck as many reporters have reported was Beli basically gave Jimmy G away for free as a big middle finger to Kraft.

The Browns? 

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. At the deadline, it's the seller that's becoming more desperate. 

49 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pat Mahomes it’s well documented lol!

so it will be interesting to track Pat vs Sam and the other corresponding moves.  i think you will be satisfied with Sam.  maybe not 100% happy but Sam seems like he's got the ability to be a top 15 qb in this league.

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so it will be interesting to track Pat vs Sam and the other corresponding moves.  i think you will be satisfied with Sam.  maybe not 100% happy but Sam seems like he's got the ability to be a top 15 qb in this league.

I’m all in on Sam, never thought the Jets would get a chance at him in a million years last year at the draft so Mahomes was my guy, I’d take Sam over Mahomes, but no other QB from the last 2 drafts is ahead of Mahomes for me, so in hindsight the Jets got option 1 for me at QB, but passed on option 2 a year earlier, and nobody ever thought Darnold would be there for the Jets at 3 up until about 5 days before the draft.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

All you gotta do is draft a pass rusher and get a but lucky. Teams do it ALL the time and come away with studs. 

Fowler is a better option ONLY if he stays healthy and doesn't get suspended. That's the rub. If Fowler had 8 sacks and didn't have previous injury issues and other off field concerns BELIEVE ME, the Jags would hesitate to pay him big money. Because 8 sacks is not all that impressive. Not if you are going to invest a ton of money into a player. Last year there were 30 players in the NFL with more sacks than Fowler. Just saying. 

I believe the Jets should either draft a Pass Rusher next year or sign a proven pass rusher in FA rather than trading away assets for one. And hey, that's JMHO.  

Lol, dude. I like you, and seem like a sensible guy.... wake up my friend. the hit rate on Pass Rushers is less that something like 20%. Not the Jenkins variety we presently roster. The Abraham, Freeney, Miller, etc variety, who are debateably harder to hit on than QBs. 

"Teams do it all the time, and come away with studs"

no they don't. They really, really don't.

They often reach in the first 2 rounds and end up with UNDER-PERFORMING prospects like Leo Floyd. Kevin Dodd. Dante Fowler. Shane Ray.  Bud Dupree (remember that fcking guy), Jarvis Jones, Marcus Smith, Dee Ford etc etc etc 

Unless you're landing THE TOP pass rush prospect, then it's a dice-roll. A bad one.  

Solution; try everything. Sign FAs, trade for Fowlers, draft one if you can. 

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I think Lee is being used out of position he should be using his speed on the edge send him blitzing from any angle let him disrupt and then build off of that.

Instead our coach is trying to redefine him rather then use him to his strengths. He is not a great cover db despite his speed, his misses plays by being out of position. Let's use his speed to our advantage and see what happens.

But I would take the head case that is Fowler any day of the week over what Lee has shown so far.

problem is his speed is way overrated. he keeps tryna runa around people and he cannot. stop repeating nonsense and watch the phukking game tapes. he gets hsi arse owned time after time after time. he does not belong in the league. maybe arean football. does that still exist.

he is easily blocked and cant disrupt schitt.

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

it MIGHT look good on paper to somne, but he'd p[rolly end up being Calvin freakin Pace. meh.

Pace put in 7 solid years as our starting outside linebacker.  By no means spectacular, especially later on in his career. Would you not trade, say,  a 4th rounder for that?  I certainly would.  Two completely different players, however. 

1 minute ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Pace put in 7 solid years as our starting outside linebacker.  By no means spectacular, especially later on in his career. Would you not trade, say,  a 4th rounder for that?  I certainly would.  Two completely different players, however. 

my pt. is not to slag Pace. my point is that (Mis?) remembered that we got him hoping he'd be getting double digit sacks, and that if we take OUR trade hx into account, Fowler would probably go pffffft, FOR US  

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol, dude. I like you, and seem like a sensible guy.... wake up my friend. the hit rate on Pass Rushers is less that something like 20%. Not the Jenkins variety we presently roster. The Abraham, Freeney, Miller, etc variety, who are debateably harder to hit on than QBs. 

They often reach in the first 2 rounds and end up with UNDER-PERFORMING prospects like Leo Floyd. Kevin Dodd. Dante Fowler. Shane Ray.  Bud Dupree (remember that fcking guy), Jarvis Jones, Marcus Smith, Dee Ford etc etc etc 

Unless you're landing THE TOP pass rush prospect, then it's a dice-roll. A bad one.  

Agreed, the hit rate is low,  but the Jets haven’t even really stepped to the plate when it comes to drafting edge rushers though.  Plus it’s not like they have hit a bunch of home runs with their drafting of other defensive positions early in the draft.  I would rather them swing and miss trying to draft edge guys instead of missing on safeties and small ILBers.  

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is all nonsense. Drafting pass rushers is easy.

Agreed, the hit rate is low,  but the Jets haven’t even really stepped to the plate when it comes to drafting edge rushers though.  Plus it’s not like they have hit a bunch of home runs with their drafting of other defensive positions early in the draft.  I would rather them swing and miss trying to draft edge guys instead of missing on safeties and small ILBers.  

Don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couples...

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Couples...

Coples was never going to be an edge rusher though.  He did his damage at North Carolina primarily lined up over a guard.  He was at best a 3-4 DE, more of an interior rusher.  Rex made the fatal eval that he was somehow suited for an OLB role ala Suggs.  That was never going to happen.  Same with Leo, not an edge guy, best suited rushing inside.  

Coples was never going to be an edge rusher though.  He did his damage at North Carolina primarily lined up over a guard.  He was at best a 3-4 DE, more of an interior rusher.  Rex made the fatal eval that he was somehow suited for an OLB role ala Suggs.  That was never going to happen.  Same with Leo, not an edge guy, best suited rushing inside.  
Yes and furthers my point from before the Jets have been miscast 4-3 DEs as 3-4 OLB's.

Sheldumb Richardson.

Calvin Pryor.

Two former Jets high draft picks the Jets wanted to trade... and eventually did.   And now some fans are eager to make a move for a high draft pick the Jaguars are having issues with.

What is wrong with this picture?!?!

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How would his trade value go down if he is throwing gems of games ? Real games ? Lol. Especially when more qbs go down with injuries like they always do. Which also could be Bridgewater and then we get zip. I think Mac will not role that dice in effort to try to get more. He will take what he can before reg seasons  and move on with McCown and darnold.  

And you know he's going to throw gems in real games how?  What if he doesn't play well or plays a couple of bad games?  Or worse, gets hurt and then is worthless?  

To me he's passed every test he's had up to now.  He's being talked about on every NFL show as being back and maybe better than before.  How much better can it get than that.  He's never going to look better to others than now.  It's all about whether someone wants a QB, not making him more attractive.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Deals that are not gonna happen get leaked, ones that do happen are already done deals when they get leaked.

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It's a good point and I'm inclined to agree. I try to hold out hope though.

August 30th 2017

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/8/30/16224006/sheldon-richardson-trade-seahawks-jets

For this reason, a trade for the New York Jets’ Sheldon Richardson would make a ton of sense for both sides. Earlier this offseason, in a wildly open interview with the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta, Richardson revealed the Seahawks had inquired about a trade for him, asking him to take a paycut. 

Sheldon traded to the Seahawks on September 1, 2017

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

August 30th 2017

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/8/30/16224006/sheldon-richardson-trade-seahawks-jets

For this reason, a trade for the New York Jets’ Sheldon Richardson would make a ton of sense for both sides. Earlier this offseason, in a wildly open interview with the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta, Richardson revealed the Seahawks had inquired about a trade for him, asking him to take a paycut. 

Sheldon traded to the Seahawks on September 1, 2017

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know he's going to throw gems in real games how?  What if he doesn't play well or plays a couple of bad games?  Or worse, gets hurt and then is worthless?  

To me he's passed every test he's had up to now.  He's being talked about on every NFL show as being back and maybe better than before.  How much better can it get than that.  He's never going to look better to others than now.  It's all about whether someone wants a QB, not making him more attractive.

I don’t. I’m just saying that is what it would require for us to achieve  second rounder. I’d rather Mac didn’t take that chance and take what we can get now, or soon. The real test would be “ real “ games full speed. Pre season isn’t same. 

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is not true. Bridgewater met with multiple teams and picked the Jets because he wanted to start. More importantly he sought a short-term deal in hopes of upping his value for a larger contract.

Ohh so teams were wanting to sign him to a long term deal ? But he chose the Jets, a very crowded qb room coming off five wins, bad line.. ?

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Your right every year the value of a decent QB increases so nothing less then a 1st rounder ?

Would you give up a first rounder for a Teddy Bridgewater rental?

Unless a QB for a contending team becomes injured and is out for the year, I doubt we get more than a third to 5th rd pick.    That could happen but the timing has to be right.   I’d bet you right now  we don’t get a first for Bridgewater

How crazy is this guy? 

Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.

A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.

Ok the lake thing is kinda funny I can relate to that but not a great sign for long term success 

Archived