Jump to content
prime21

Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Larz said:

How crazy is this guy? 

Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.

 

A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.

Ok the lake thing is kinda funny I can relate to that but not a great sign for long term success 

He needs some loving and nurturing from Todd Bowles and the NY Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This previous incident seemingly was never reported last offseason, but as Auman tweeted court records show he was arrested in Miami, just a few weeks after the video of Fowler “refereeing” a fight between his ex-girlfriend and girlfriend at the time.

 

That's straight up loser stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He’ll be sold for far less and they will be quite disappointed.

Solid pass rusher who needs to get his head on straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Larz said:

This previous incident seemingly was never reported last offseason, but as Auman tweeted court records show he was arrested in Miami, just a few weeks after the video of Fowler “refereeing” a fight between his ex-girlfriend and girlfriend at the time.

 

That's straight up loser stuff 

 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

How crazy is this guy? 

Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.

 

A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.

Ok the lake thing is kinda funny I can relate to that but not a great sign for long term success 

Holy sh*t lol....he’ll fit right in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2015:

-3rd overall pick

-Tore ACL

 

2016:

-Lost starting job week 2

-4 sacks as backup DE

 

2017:

-Arrested for simple battery

-8 sacks as backup DE

 

2018:

-Option declined 

-1 gm. suspension for arrest

-1 wk. suspension for fighting

 

10:59 PM - Aug 12, 2018

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 the first altercation, Fowler shoved O’Shaughnessy out of bounds after he caught a pass from quarterback Blake Bortles. The shove resulted in a scuffle between the two, which Ramsey also got involved in. Once practice was over with, Fowler then got into a heated argument with Ngakoue, and had to be separated by several teammates in the process.

Fowler was just recently cleared to practice Saturday after he spent the training camp days prior on the PUP list with a shoulder injury. Once he returns from his one-week suspension, he’ll only have two preseason games to participate in — against the Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After that, Fowler will have to serve a regular-season suspension against the New York Giants. That suspension was a direct result of his arrest last season for a physical altercation he had with a St. Petersburg, Fla., man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol, dude. I like you, and seem like a sensible guy.... wake up my friend. the hit rate on Pass Rushers is less that something like 20%. Not the Jenkins variety we presently roster. The Abraham, Freeney, Miller, etc variety, who are debateably harder to hit on than QBs. 

"Teams do it all the time, and come away with studs"

no they don't. They really, really don't.

They often reach in the first 2 rounds and end up with UNDER-PERFORMING prospects like Leo Floyd. Kevin Dodd. Dante Fowler. Shane Ray.  Bud Dupree (remember that fcking guy), Jarvis Jones, Marcus Smith, Dee Ford etc etc etc 

Unless you're landing THE TOP pass rush prospect, then it's a dice-roll. A bad one.  

***********

Solution; try everything. Sign FAs, trade for Fowlers, draft one if you can. 

Can’t believe you didn’t mention Vernon Gholston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno 

He's talented and all but going from Coughlin to Bowles can we expect better behavior? 

He would probably feel like he was rewarded and set free 

I still say use all the resources to build an offense around Darnold and draft a pass rusher next year its supposed to be a good class for that 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bowles Movement said:

A second For Fowler?  Or Bridgewater?

Fowler. They really don’t want Teddy. They think Bortles is good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SR24 said:

Where are we going to get a quality olineman via trade!?!? Our only shot was the guy from Oakland who just restructured his deal to say there 

1. I don’t have all the insider info to give you that answer. 

2. It’s the GMs job to find or look for ways to upgrade the necessary positions. 

3. I’m sure there are more OL than “the guy from Oakland”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I hate Macagnan and think he’s awful but to be fair what is he supposed to do offer Dallas Teddy for Zach Martin str8 up?

See my last post right above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ohh so teams were wanting to sign him to a long term deal ? But he chose the Jets, a very crowded qb room coming off five wins, bad line.. 🤣

You are delightful.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Can’t believe you didn’t mention Vernon Gholston

repressed trauma!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

 the first altercation, Fowler shoved O’Shaughnessy out of bounds after he caught a pass from quarterback Blake Bortles. The shove resulted in a scuffle between the two, which Ramsey also got involved in. Once practice was over with, Fowler then got into a heated argument with Ngakoue, and had to be separated by several teammates in the process.

Fowler was just recently cleared to practice Saturday after he spent the training camp days prior on the PUP list with a shoulder injury. Once he returns from his one-week suspension, he’ll only have two preseason games to participate in — against the Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After that, Fowler will have to serve a regular-season suspension against the New York Giants. That suspension was a direct result of his arrest last season for a physical altercation he had with a St. Petersburg, Fla., man. 

Well - nice guys don’t get to the QB. I’m willing to forget all the bad stuff this thug has done as long as he can rape opposing QBs when he’s in a Jets uniform - not the orange one he belongs in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2015:
-3rd overall pick
-Tore ACL
 
2016:
-Lost starting job week 2
-4 sacks as backup DE
 
2017:
-Arrested for simple battery
-8 sacks as backup DE
 
2018:
-Option declined 
-1 gm. suspension for arrest
-1 wk. suspension for fighting
 
10:59 PM - Aug 12, 2018
This is what this team has been missing since Mac got rid of all the trouble makers

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Larz said:

2015:

-3rd overall pick

-Tore ACL

 

2016:

-Lost starting job week 2

-4 sacks as backup DE

 

2017:

-Arrested for simple battery

-8 sacks as backup DE

 

2018:

-Option declined 

-1 gm. suspension for arrest

-1 wk. suspension for fighting

 

10:59 PM - Aug 12, 2018

I somehow still want him despite you being right about all of this.

He would be the best pass rusher the Jets have had in 10 years since J-Abe.  I think it's worth a flier.  He's on the last year of his rookie deal and will be a Free Agent.  The jets could always just bench him or ban him or not resign him. 

All his troubles are the only reason he is available.  A young talented #3 overall worthy pick entering his prime is just too tasty to pass up for me.  There's basically no commitment.  If he is a bad locker room guy or gets in trouble you can wash your hands of him easily.  But IF....!!!  IF it works out and he somehow gets his sh*t together we have THE BIGGEST PIECE OF THE PUZZLE ON DEFENSE AND THE HARDEST TO FIND.  And then ALL our draft capital next year goes into a strong offensive line rookie class coming out next year. 

Huge upside move - only a little bit of downside being we can cut him loose easily at anytime this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ohh so teams were wanting to sign him to a long term deal ? But he chose the Jets, a very crowded qb room coming off five wins, bad line.. 🤣

The room wasn’t crowded till we got Sam.  We hadn’t traded up for pick three I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I somehow still want him despite you being right about all of this.

He would be the best pass rusher the Jets have had in 10 years since J-Abe.  I think it's worth a flier.  He's on the last year of his rookie deal and will be a Free Agent.  The jets could always just bench him or ban him or not resign him. 

All his troubles are the only reason he is available.  A young talented #3 overall worthy pick entering his prime is just too tasty to pass up for me.  There's basically no commitment.  If he is a bad locker room guy or gets in trouble you can wash your hands of him easily.  But IF....!!!  IF it works out and he somehow gets his sh*t together we have THE BIGGEST PIECE OF THE PUZZLE ON DEFENSE AND THE HARDEST TO FIND.  And then ALL our draft capital next year goes into a strong offensive line rookie class coming out next year. 

Huge upside move - only a little bit of downside being we can cut him loose easily at anytime this year.

All good points and the biggest one is this is why he is available. That's always the catch, why is his team letting him go? You would hope it's money, but when it's character it's a Yoog gamble. 

He would be my preference by miles over Shane Ray. That guy is a major disappointment. 

I have always felt a good locker room cab handle 1 maybe 2 idiots but when it gets up to 3 or more you are asking for trouble. 

I think donohue is a goner so the Jets have Anderson and I think 1 other, Herndon but I'm hopeful that was an isolated deal. 

I wouldn't hate it if they traded for him but he would have to win me over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

The room wasn’t crowded till we got Sam.  We hadn’t traded up for pick three I believe. 

Lol ! You really think Bridgewater is an idiot ? He signed 3 days before we traded up.. even if he didn’t hear the rumors, he knew we were very likely picking 1 of 4. He is a smart guy, despite half 1 and 1/2 knees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Larz said:

All good points and the biggest one is this is why he is available. That's always the catch, why is his team letting him go? You would hope it's money, but when it's character it's a Yoog gamble. 

He would be my preference by miles over Shane Ray. That guy is a major disappointment. 

I have always felt a good locker room cab handle 1 maybe 2 idiots but when it gets up to 3 or more you are asking for trouble. 

I think donohue is a goner so the Jets have Anderson and I think 1 other, Herndon but I'm hopeful that was an isolated deal. 

I wouldn't hate it if they traded for him but he would have to win me over 

Lockstep agreement.

The defense doesn't really have any bad apples right now.  Fowler was in Leo's class and I know that Fowler actually worked out this offseason with D. Lee and Marcus Maye - you hope he'd have a support group.  But absolutely it could South, may even be more likely than not, like the guy has no morals and is a loose cannon and him mixed with NYC could be horrible...BUT....but maybe not

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ! You really think Bridgewater is an idiot ? He signed 3 days before we traded up.. even if he didn’t hear the rumors, he knew we were very likely picking 1 of 4. He is a smart guy, despite half 1 and 1/2 knees

I wasn’t sure we were going to be able to pull it off.  We would get Allen because I assumed Rosen would go higher and Allen would need a year.  Teddy can neat McCown. 

I hope he does well.  I like the guy from what I have read and seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I wasn’t sure we were going to be able to pull it off.  We would get Allen because I assumed Rosen would go higher and Allen would need a year.  Teddy can neat McCown. 

I hope he does well.  I like the guy from what I have read and seen. 

I read the reports this offseason on him. I was shocked he couldn’t find a better team, with similar or better offer. I’m betting 4th at best, before season.  Anybody ready to put their $ where their mouth is, I’m ready to deal 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

How crazy is this guy? 

Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.

 

A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.

Ok the lake thing is kinda funny I can relate to that but not a great sign for long term success 

Pass. No way I want this  potential cancer on my young impressionable team. Aren't we trying to build a sustainable future? I'd rather go into the season with the no names we are trying to develop. Fowler is fools gold. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PepPep said:

All you gotta do is draft a pass rusher and get a but lucky. Teams do it ALL the time and come away with studs. 

Fowler is a better option ONLY if he stays healthy and doesn't get suspended. That's the rub. If Fowler had 8 sacks and didn't have previous injury issues and other off field concerns BELIEVE ME, the Jags would hesitate to pay him big money. Because 8 sacks is not all that impressive. Not if you are going to invest a ton of money into a player. Last year there were 30 players in the NFL with more sacks than Fowler. Just saying. 

I believe the Jets should either draft a Pass Rusher next year or sign a proven pass rusher in FA rather than trading away assets for one. And hey, that's JMHO.  

I think it has to do with a combination of things, but the summary is they simply don't need him.

3 of his teammates had 8-15 sacks apiece last year, plus they still have Miles Jack who'd surprise nobody if he had 8-10 himself next year. Between the headaches he brings and his injury history and simply not needing him, in their spot I wouldn't exercise his 5th yr option either. Not at $14.2m anyway; all it takes is one injury Fowler nurses and that $ becomes guaranteed.

Yeah sure 8 sacks in the reg season isn't rewriting record books of course, but he wasn't even on the field half the time for Jax. Would he have had more sacks if so many others didn't get to the QB first or if he was starting? Maybe, maybe not.

In the end, he's just a far bigger need here than there. We have no one and he's a talented guy who's attainable so it's worth the risk if the price is right. That's all this chatter is about. It'd fit very neatly if we flipped TB for him and he worked out, filling the edge rusher position with a recent top 3 draft pick, instead of borrowing unneeded TB for 1 season, while leaving our own 2019 1st & 3rd rounders intact. Possibly even getting another pick back.

Plus the time to acquire him is before he's reached his potential, not after (at which point he'd be unavailable anyhow).

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I don't think you're taking into account the Florida factor - like erryone's a little trashier when they're in that state.

Lmao DH. Respecting Tom Coughlin on a his one. He knows what he's doing. Wouldn't touch Fowler under any condition. Thrown out of practice? Roadside meltdown? Hasn't lived up to his ability on the field? Recipe for disaster.   No thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Lmao DH. Respecting Tom Coughlin on a his one. He knows what he's doing. Wouldn't touch Fowler under any condition. Thrown out of practice? Roadside meltdown? Hasn't lived up to his ability on the field? Recipe for disaster.   No thanks 

 

Fair, fair.

 

Can't argue but...I still want him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...