Pipe dream?

NYallDay

Heard this on ESPN radio this morning... trading TB to Jacksonville (maybe filler needed) for Fowler and then spend some draft capital (may be a steep price) but trade for Mack... possible, pipe dreamish, but possible ... thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Heard this on ESPN radio this morning... trading TB to Jacksonville (maybe filler needed) for Fowler and then spend some draft capital (may be a steep price) but trade for Mack... possible, pipe dreamish, but possible ... thoughts?

Raiders have said no real quick to any team acquiring about K Mack.   The Raiders aren't trading Khalil Mack this year.    

4 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Trading for Fowler is a mistake. 

Trading for Mack would be a great move but would cost the Jets a TON. Draft capital they simply don't have. 

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well then sign em’ and stop tempting everyone.

They will sign him when it's beneficial to them, to sign him longterm.( Vegas- no state tax)  K Mack under contract this year( fifth year option) ,and they can use franchise tag on him for two years after that.     ( way cheaper than what he's looking for now) 

Just now, Raideraholic said:

They will sign him when it's beneficial to them, to sign him longterm.( Vegas- no state tax)  K Mack under contract this year( fifth year option) ,and they can use franchise tag on him for two years after that.     ( way cheaper than what he's looking for now) 

I said this about Revis and then you know the rest. 

Btw I don’t think he’ll be franchised twice. That’s more of a pipe dream than him getting traded to us. The money will go up massively being that he is a Pass Rusher. Gruden and KM haven’t even spoken yet. Gruden is ruining your team before he even coaches a game.

44 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Nice thought but I agree with the others here : We simply can't afford the draft capital it would take to get Mack. If we were a contender and close then maybe, but not now. We need those picks to fill some holes.

It's a false report.

The Jets would be crazy anyway to trade Teddy Bridgewater for an underperforming edge rusher like Fowler Jr.

Don't get me wrong, Fowler Jr. would be a good guy for the Jets to go after at the right price, he's young, and has upside, but he has not live up to expectations. They are better off holding off on trading TB until a team is desperate for a QB and might give up a good draft pick for him.

The Jags are a potential fit for TB. But they would have to give up more than Fowler Jr. IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I said this about Revis and then you know the rest. 

Btw I don’t think he’ll be franchised twice. That’s more of a pipe dream than him getting traded to us. The money will go up massively being that he is a Pass Rusher. Gruden and KM haven’t even spoken yet. Gruden is ruining your team before he even coaches a game.

No they franchise him twice will still come out less per year than he's looking for.  ( fact)  The Raiders will  sign K Mack to longterm deal at some point this year. 

Just now, Raideraholic said:

No they franchise him twice will still come out less per year than he's looking for.  ( fact)  The Raiders will  sign K Mack to longterm deal at some point this year. 

But you do realize that the cap hit of a 2nd year franchise tag will eat up more than 70% of that current year’s cap space...right?

A contract will space out over the years. Franchise tags(and especially a 2nd franchise tag) is going to destroy the cap for the year you place it on him.

Khalil Mack is definitely a game changer but sending atleast 1 first rounder and god knows what else and then signing him for $20Mil/Yr is a tough pill to swallow. I'll pass and hope he hits free agency

58 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

59 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Lol I posted this exact scenario a few hours ago, and yes it was in the form of pipe dream scenario.

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a false report.

The Jets would be crazy anyway to trade Teddy Bridgewater for an underperforming edge rusher like Fowler Jr.

Don't get me wrong, Fowler Jr. would be a good guy for the Jets to go after at the right price, he's young, and has upside, but he has not live up to expectations. They are better off holding off on trading TB until a team is desperate for a QB and might give up a good draft pick for him.

The Jags are a potential fit for TB. But they would have to give up more than Fowler Jr. IMO. 

8 sack season in his second year of playing with 2 sacks in the playoff rounds. Pretty good.

Think it’s nothing but up for him. 

Trading for Mack would be a great move but would cost the Jets a TON. Draft capital they simply don't have. 

Right. I’m looking for the jets to spend most of that draft capital on a friggin offense for once. A blue chip wr and a batch of o line beef would be a welcome change and desperately needed!

Enough with the big name d guys. Let’s out score the other team. Let the devitos and pouhas of the world man the d

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The days of John Abraham are long gone. I dream of a 5 sack player let alone a yearly double digit one.

We had the least amount of sacks last year of all NFL teams. Getting an Edge Rusher is a major priority. Macks a pipe dream. Fowler for a 4th or FA next off season.

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

The Mack part is crack'ish.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Depends on the cost as the Jets would have to decide on signing him soon after. The guy had 10 sacks last year, is young, and could fill a glaring hole. The only reason I don't trade Teddy for him is if: A) He's (Fowler) just a total douche. b)  A young talented O'lineman could be had for a similar price.

Archived