Sign in to follow this  
Gas2No99

Jets Announce New Partnership with Def Jam Recordings

Jets Announce New Partnership with Def Jam Recordings

xev1rymcruff8saa4t00.jpg

The Jets have announced a new partnership with Def Jam Recordings. The deal marks a collaboration between two iconic New York brands, focusing on three main elements: music, content and in-game experience.

With the key role that music plays within the NFL and Def Jam’s commitment and passion for hip-hop culture, the partnership allows for the creation of exclusive, unique content and music surrounding the team.

“Through our partnership with Def Jam Recordings, we are looking to amplify our in-game experience and provide fans with entertaining content from their truly talented artists,” said New York Jets President Neil Glat. “In collaboration with this New York company that is recognized all over the world, we are excited to see what new and unique endeavors await our fans.”

As part of the new partnership, Def Jam will create a Jets Anthem to be heard during home games at MetLife Stadium. The custom track will be part of the pregame ritual as the team takes the field.

“Def Jam Recordings is a vital part of the cultural fabric of New York City,” said Scott Greer, Executive Vice President, Marketing & Commerce, Def Jam Recordings. “Our artists are always on: whether making hit records, creating content or moving culture forward. Collaborating with another iconic New York brand like the New York Jets to create content and original in-game music has a natural synergy for our brand and our audience, and is a great way for Def Jam to bring fans of the Jets and hip-hop together and broaden the reach for our artists.”

A video content series will also be created, featuring the interaction between Def Jam artists and Jets athletes. The series will highlight the combination between the brands through various elements this season. The first video of this series will provide viewers with an exclusive look at second-year safeties Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye’s visit to Jadakiss’ studio in Yonkers, NY.

Additionally, Def Jam will provide the Jets with new music, along with classic hits from artists spanning their vast library to be used in weekly hype videos leading into game day. The hype videos will live on New York Jets social media channels throughout the season.

HORRIBLE IDEA that will torture STH on Gameday w/today's $hitty interpretation of "Hip Hop." <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Ugh....I actually made a Jets song using one of the NFL classic songs by Sam Spence “The Equilizer” that transitioned to a bunch of riffs that I came up with. It was melodic metal with an orchestra behind it and sounded awesome. I was able to write out each instrument in the original and it sounded just like it but much heavier with metal style drums and my heavyily distorted guitar. 

Like Transiberian Orchestra on steroids but heavier since I’m a metal head. Had the Jets chant and air raid sirens in the beginning. Then my computer exploded. Didn’t have it it me to remake it considering it was lost and didn’t want to start over. Sucks.... but at least now we’ll have Def Jam!!(shoot me)

• Upvote 1

Not sure why this is a bad thing.  Could the in-game atmosphere get any worse then it is today?

There was a DJ playing in-game samples. It felt less than music to me, and fragmented. It felt forced and detracted from my experience. I didn't like the drum corps either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think this is a good thing regardless of the music people prefer. Smart move,  hopefully they play some old-school classics from the artist they signed when they first started. 

• Upvote 1

I like some rap and hip-hop, but it's not my main go to genre.  That's more Hardcore/Punk, but clearly what was going on wasn't working, and they recognized that and are trying  something to change it up.  I applaud that.  This is either going to be awesome, or terrible.  There will be no in between.  I wont **** on it until I see what it is.  I'll remain optimistic and hopeful until then.  Fingers crossed.

Great! Does this mean they won’t pkay ‘shipping up to boston’ at ******* home games now?

• Haha 1

/shrug

Marketing gonna market I guess.

Not my cup of tea.

Can't be worse that modern MLB Games, where every player has their own "intro music", 99.9% of which is lame hip-hop/pop/R&B.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope it's good ...if so

277.gif

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Maccagnan would have drafted Too Short over Big Daddy Kane

Perfection S4T. Seriously laughed out loud! 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Perfection S4T. Seriously laughed out loud! 😂

Me too!!!

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Maccagnan would have drafted Too Short over Big Daddy Kane

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

/shrug

Marketing gonna market I guess.

Not my cup of tea.

Can't be worse that modern MLB Games, where every player has their own "intro music", 99.9% of which is lame hip-hop/pop/R&B.

Last time I went to an NBA game maybe five years ago they played music DURING PLAY.

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

Not sure why this is a bad thing.  Could the in-game atmosphere get any worse then it is today?

Oh yeah.  Have you been to an NBA game lately?  I'll never go again

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh yeah.  Have you been to an NBA game lately?  I'll never go again

HA!  I havent been to MSG in forever and its not difficult for me to get there.  Was recently at yankee stadium, where I bought 3 "craft" tall  boy beers for me and the guys I was with and it was $47.....

Ive had jet tix in my family for a very long time and as much as I love tailgating, its getting harder and harder to commit what amounts to an 8am-530 day for a home jet game, esp considering how poor our stadium is.  Hopefully Sam will get the place more energized at least.

• Upvote 1