Mike's On App (Francesa)

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Why $9 a month? What do you get that you don’t get for free?

He said his Sunday NFL show will be exclusive to the app.  And he keeps talking about "immediacy" which I take to mean he'll be available on the app after games.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It won't be on NBC anymore? Thank God. This app is paying dividends for New Yorkers already. 

Lol, I think he's referring to his Sunday morning radio program (prior to the games) rather than that night time wrap up show.  (No idea if that's staying on the air).

Just now, Larz said:

Watch him intentionally withhold things from the free broadcast to make the app worth it 

"and that concludes my interview with Mike Maccagnan about the possible trade, for more go to my app" 

It has to be right? 

It will get pirated in minutes lol

Absolutely right on all counts.  I think he also thinks that with gambling legalized that people will value his NFL picks.  He did do well last year with that (and wouldn't stop crowing about it) but I'm pretty sure he had a lucky season and generally is just as bad as anyone at this stuff.  But I'm guessing he will try to use it as a selling point.  Of course, just like you mentioned about "it will get pirated in minutes", the same will happen with his picks.

• Upvote 1

Francesa just was asked about the app.  He said:

There will be a 3 1/2 hour video simulcast of his daily WFAN radio show

He said there will be a game where you can watch live with Mike and he'll do commentary while the game is on. (not sure if interactive).  I'm not sure if this will be a regular thing.

Shared links to other sites (whatever that means.  He said he'll reveal more in time).

He'll come on before and after games and sometimes even during games.

He'll have other people do shows.  He said he wants to try to develop some new voices  (John Jastremski will one of the hosts.)

Handicapping corner (Brad Thomas will give horse racing picks which he said was worth the price of admission alone)

Sunday football show from 9A-noon.

College football Saturday show.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Watch him intentionally withhold things from the free broadcast to make the app worth it 

"and that concludes my interview with Mike Maccagnan about the possible trade, for more go to my app" 

It has to be right? 

It will get pirated in minutes lol

he's too dumb for that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Francesa just was asked about the app.  He said:

There will be a 3 1/2 hour video simulcast of his daily WFAN radio show

He said there will be a game where you can watch live with Mike and he'll do commentary while the game is on. (not sure if interactive).  I'm not sure if this will be a regular thing.

Shared links to other sites (whatever that means.  He said he'll reveal more in time).

He'll come on before and after games and sometimes even during games.

He'll have other people do shows.  He said he wants to try to develop some new voices  (John Jastremski will one of the hosts.)

Handicapping corner (Brad Thomas will give horse racing picks which he said was worth the price of admission alone)

Sunday football show from 9A-noon.

College football Saturday show.

Hate to say it but I’m guessing he’ll get a lot of horse racing gamblers bc of the Thomas guy? That’s the only way I’d see anyone sign up for this tbh

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How soon before it goes from 9.99 a month to 4.99 month to a can of diet coke a month? 

This is a good question.  That seems to be the general prediction.   Then again, the NY Post mentioned that if he gets 10K subscribers for that yearly price, that's $1M in revenue.  Does he have 10K fans that are THAT loyal to him (and don't mind spending $100 per year on him)?  I'm still guessing no but I guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is a good question.  That seems to be the general prediction.   Then again, the NY Post mentioned that if he gets 10K subscribers for that yearly price, that's $1M in revenue.  Does he have 10K fans that are THAT loyal to him (and don't mind spending $100 per year on him)?  I'm still guessing no but I guess we'll see.

Maybe not 10K, but no matter how many he has, it's still a good bit of extra change for almost nothing

• 2 weeks later...