Pass Rush

Ghost

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You know that long pass to over claiborne?  Adams was blitzing and never got a sniff.  If you have no pass rushers you have to blitz and when you do you are open to big plays.  Our coach as usual seems unconcerned.

great point..Adams was running around like a lost child

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You know that long pass to over claiborne?  Adams was blitzing and never got a sniff.  If you have no pass rushers you have to blitz and when you do you are open to big plays.  Our coach as usual seems unconcerned.

Lost on this dolt no matter how good your DBs are the more time you give any NFL QB the more likely he will carve you up. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He's going to fix it as soon as he takes care of fixing the penalties.  Todd's got this!

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He's going to fix it as soon as he takes care of fixing the penalties.  Todd's got this!

This by far is my biggest concern.

Yes, having a non-existent pass rush sucks, but or DBs can cover, the LBs are decent and the DL is good at stuffing the run.  The bend don't break defense is terrible to watch but the Jets haven't given up an offensive TD yet (I believe). 

The penalties though... what a sh*tshow.  Kills any momentum on either side of the ball.

Goes without saying it would be great to have a premium pass rusher. But...

Falcons were shutout.

Defense gave up 5 field goals to Washington.

Defense gave up 5 field goals to Giants. 

Not saying this will be the regular season results but the defense has not given up a TD in 3 games. Is that not a positive?

26 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Lost on this dolt no matter how good your DBs are the more time you give any NFL QB the more likely he will carve you up. 

i know it's only preseason but for the entirety of bowles tenure this team refuses to force incompletions.   it has to be something with technique or approach but i have never seen a team give up so many completions regardless of QB - especially for a "press-man" oriented team.    

Archived