Game Observations (NYG)

KRL

The season hasn't started and I'm already sick of the excuses. No one makes a qb intentional ground a football. He's averaging 5 yards a throw.

Yeah He's great and all but still a rookie and if vanilla defenses are too fast he's not ready for 3 games in 11 days then Jacksonville.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bitonti said:

The season hasn't started and I'm already sick of the excuses. No one makes a qb intentional ground a football. He's averaging 5 yards a throw.

Yeah He's great and all but still a rookie and if vanilla defenses are too fast he's not ready for 3 games in 11 days then Jacksonville.

Um, what? LOL

Throwing the ball away. A skill Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith are still trying to f*cking figure out. FFS bro. Lemme guess, Teddy gotta be the starter!!

13 penalties.

Garbage O line.

sh*t field position.

Add in about 4 drops. 

Those aren't "excuses". Those are an indictment of the surrounding talent, coaching and the failed roster management that values run stuffing DTs and Safeties over O Line and skill players...

As I said in another thread:

Not worried about sam or Bates. Worried about the neglect of the offensive line, the dearth or real playmakers (treating Anderson like anything more than a Martavis Bryant clone is absurd), the philosophy  of the current Head Coach, the underwhelming defense, the disaster STs are shaping up to be, the bad roster management, poor overall  talent, zero depth, awful assistant coaching, and a couple of other things. 

But I don't  think Darnold is a pussy thats afraid to throw deep. LOL.

Heres your top Jets Receivers:

Anderson UDFA

Enunwa 6th rounder

Kearse UDFA (solid possession guy)

Pryor -rehabbing former QB

ArDarius Stewart garbage.

Chad Hansen Invisible

And a bunch of late rounders, camp bodies, and zeroes....with Brent Qvale and an always broken Beachum at LT. What a sh*tshow. 

Reference, see: Luck, Andrew; oft injured QB of the inept Colts

7 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

What does it matter where you were drafted , Tom Brady was what a 6th round pick , Antonio Brown ??.  Then you have guys like Jamarcus Russell , Vern Gholston, Ryan Leaf, Keith McCants, Dion Jordan, Tony Mandarich I can go on and on and on naming top round picks that were clear busts. Adams is a damn good player you guys just don't know what your looking at . 

Are you guys arguing that the sixth overall pick strong safety doesn’t have enough weapons and that’s why he’s a non factor?

On 8/25/2018 at 7:21 AM, Scoop24 said:

He is way better running back than a returner .. I can live with that tho 

I think it is pretty hard to create a punt returner in one training camp. But his fumble was on a KR, and he did that in college.

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Charcandrick West was just signed , wave bye bye to Cannon.  While he has looked good at RB , its been in practice or against 2nd and 3rd string opponents. I focused on him last night and while the Oline was pretty bad , he looked indecisive at best.  Speed is great but keeping someone just because they are fast is crazy. 

He still average 4.6 ypc 

On 8/25/2018 at 4:12 AM, The Walrus said:

Darnold will make mistakes. Grounding, a little conservative etc but not throwing picks.

Telling IMO McCown hasn't played. If Darnold doesn't start week 1 it will be Teddy IMO.

Wasn’t that the case last year as well?  He played like 1 series the entire preseason 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are you guys arguing that the sixth overall pick strong safety doesn’t have enough weapons and that’s why he’s a non factor?

That joke was funny once when Sanchez was a QB , you need to come up with some new material. 

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Throwing the ball away. A skill Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith are still trying to f*cking figure out. FFS bro. Lemme guess, Teddy gotta be the starter!!

there's a huge difference between throwing the ball away and blatant grounding 

if Geno made the same play we'd crucify him (and rightly so) 

the excuses are funny

"We can't blame Darnold the team had so many penalties" Uh yeah dude his grounding with the loss of down was the biggest one all night.  

the best player should be the starter. Not the best player 3 years from now. Whoever the best player is should play. There are 52 other guys on the roster and believe it or not this team could get to 8 or 9 wins with a veteran under center. 

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the excuses are funny

"We can't blame Darnold the team had so many penalties" Uh yeah dude his grounding with the loss of down was the biggest one all night.  

the best player should be the starter. Not the best player 3 years from now. Whoever the best player is should play. There are 52 other guys on the roster and believe it or not this team could get to 8 or 9 wins with a veteran under center. 

Darnold is already our best qb.  But the problem is I'm worried he will get Andrew Luck'd behind our OL which is why I'm willing to have Teddy or McClown start week 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Darnold is already our best qb.  But the problem is I'm worried he will get Andrew Luck'd behind our OL which is why I'm willing to have Teddy or McClown start week 1

He has the highest upside but if the Jets had 1 game to play for all the marbles Darnold would not be the starter. Josh McCown has forgotten more about the QB position than Darnold has learned all summer. I understand why people want to get the Darnold era started as soon as possible but these scouting reports after the game are starting from the conclusion that Darnold is awesome and work backward.

if we are being honest, Teddy's first throw vs NYG was more impressive than anything Darnold attempted all night. BTW It's not that he can't hit intermediate or long it's that he's not attempting risky throws. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

That joke was funny once when Sanchez was a QB , you need to come up with some new material. 

The A Number One argument against the drafting of Jamal Adams was that a player at this position with his meager skill set wasn’t worth the sixth overall pick and you guys are in here saying that Adams hasn’t made an impact because the team lacks an elite edge rusher, which is exactly the kind of player you should be drafting at six overall. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

In his second season as a starter, probably. In the second preseason start of his career? Probably not. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The A Number One argument against the drafting of Jamal Adams was that a player at this position with his meager skill set wasn’t worth the sixth overall pick and you guys are in here saying that Adams hasn’t made an impact because the team lacks an elite edge rusher, which is exactly the kind of player you should be drafting at six overall. 

What meager skill set are you talking about - he's not a great coverage safety - that's it. The problem here is you guys judge impact solely on the of int's or sacks a player produces. And again no defensive secondary player will be able to cover rb's, te's or wr's consistently w/o a pass rush , Its not an excuse , its a plain fact.  

19 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What meager skill set are you talking about - he's not a great coverage safety - that's it. The problem here is you guys judge impact solely on the of int's or sacks a player produces. And again no defensive secondary player will be able to cover rb's, te's or wr's consistently w/o a pass rush , Its not an excuse , its a plain fact.  

You just said that we drafted a safety at six who struggles in coverage!! Come on, Cochise!!!

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You just said that we drafted a safety at six who struggles in coverage!! Come on, Cochise!!!

And we drafted a QB at #3 who struggled with turnovers. I don't know of 1 drafted player who is great at everything. 

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And we drafted a QB at #3 who struggled with turnovers. I don't know of 1 drafted player who is great at everything. 

In this analogy, drafting a safety at 6 who struggles against the pass but is good against the run is like drafting a QB at six who hands off like a champ but can’t throw the ball in a straight line.

Just now, T0mShane said:

In this analogy, drafting a safety at 6 who struggles against the pass but is good against the run is like drafting a QB at six who hands off like a champ but can’t throw the ball in a straight line.

No its not , spin again. 

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly....was another gutless, consensus CYO pick by Maccagnan.  When all is said and done it will be obvious that the Jets could have waited until the 4th Rd to get a Safety with the exact same skill-set as Adams.  I wanted Pat Mahomes drafted at that pick, just put all dbacks in the NFL on notice with a 70 yard (in the air) TD last week, no sleep for any of them the night before they play KC.  

I think Darnold will be the goods and am very happy the Jets lucked into him, but they could have had Mahomes and the 3 #2's they gave away, if we had a GM who wasn't hamstrung by a lousy head coach who can never have enough dbacks and himself, playing it safe for more paychecks.  I also want Darnold on the bench most of the year...4 years of drafting and Maccagnan never addresses the Oline.  Josh Allen paid the price today.

If Adams was another Troy Palumalu  would have no problem with that pick, but they're not from the same planet.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

He has the highest upside but if the Jets had 1 game to play for all the marbles Darnold would not be the starter. Josh McCown has forgotten more about the QB position than Darnold has learned all summer. I understand why people want to get the Darnold era started as soon as possible but these scouting reports after the game are starting from the conclusion that Darnold is awesome and work backward.

if we are being honest, Teddy's first throw vs NYG was more impressive than anything Darnold attempted all night. BTW It's not that he can't hit intermediate or long it's that he's not attempting risky throws. 

Darnold has looked the best of the three qbs so far in the preseason games and by all reports the same thing is true in the practuces

That said week 1 at Detroit in a loud dome with Ziggy Ansah facing our turnstile Offensive Tackles I’d rather let Teddy handle that 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah but the tweets

Archived