So when does Jamal Adams get that elusive first INT?

Philc1

So when does Jamal Adams get that elusive first INT?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. So when does Jamal Adams get that elusive first INT?

• Week 2 - Ryan Tannehill
    • Week 3 - Tyrod Taylor
    • Week 4 - Blake Bortles
    • Week 5 - Case Keenum
    • Week 6 - Andrew Luck
    • Week 8 - Mitch Trubisky
    • Week 9 - Bryce Petty
    • Week 10 - Josh Allen
    • Week 13 - Marcus Mariota
    • Week 14 - Josh Allen
    • Philc1 is something of a troll

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It's not that they are overrated, it's that they are pseudorandom.

Hence, your question is sort of like asking: "Which one of these die rolls will be a six?"

Law of averages says that any Full-time Starting DB should at least have a couple INTs per season.  Adams is hyped up as Ed Reed but better yet so far he hasn't even picked off scrubs

I have to say I've been defending Adams, but that 3rd & 5 run where he hit the back, and got pushed for the extra yard which resulted in a 1st down & he gets up & does an arm windmill, I'm like, "dude, they got a 1st f*cking down & your celebrating a tackle 5 yards down the field?". 

He better play like Superman this year with the way he's hyped up this secondary. New Jack City my azz. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I have to say I've been defending Adams, but that 3rd & 5 run where he hit the back, and got pushed for the extra yard which resulted in a 1st down & he gets up & does an arm windmill, I'm like, "dude, they got a 1st f*cking down & your celebrating a tackle 5 yards down the field?". 

He better play like Superman this year with the way he's hyped up this secondary. New Jack City my azz. 

Yeah but the running back didn't score a touchdown.

Small victories

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Law of averages says that any Full-time Starting DB should at least have a couple INTs per season.  Adams is hyped up as Ed Reed but better yet so far he hasn't even picked off scrubs

This is true, but unfortunately, doesn't address the inherent issue with the poll. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah but the running back didn't score a touchdown.

Small victories

I just watched the replay of the game. I must say, I think everyone kind of putting way to much into a preseason game. Yes, the flags were ridiculous, STs sucked, but Darnold still looked like he belonged, Powell showed nice burst, Quincy is back, Pryor can be a beast if healthy, the TEs should get better with real game reps & our 2 starting CBs Mo and Trumaine will ACTUALLY TRY when the games count! Veterans just go through the motions in preseason, especially lately with the contracts getting larger & larger. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I just watched the replay of the game. I must say, I think everyone kind of putting way to much into a preseason game. Yes, the flags were ridiculous, STs sucked, but Darnold still looked like he belonged, Powell showed nice burst, Quincy is back, Pryor can be a beast if healthy, the TEs should get better with real game reps & our 2 starting CBs Mo and Trumaine will ACTUALLY TRY when the games count! Veterans just go through the motions in preseason, especially lately with the contracts getting larger & larger. 

Preseason means absolutely nothing that said I am very pleased with what I saw from Sam in limited action.

I go back to the 2012 preseason when we didn't score a single touchdown but then blew out the Bills week 1 with Buttfumblechez at qb

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What is the issue?

I explained it in my first post. I'll try one more time here:

Turnovers happen pseudorandomly. In other words, in this context, while it is reasonable to expect better defensive backs to get more interceptions over some prolonged interval of time (a full season, in the case of your poll) than worse defensive backs, it is meaningless to ask us to guess which games said interceptions will actually occur. 

If your only point is that Adams needs to get some picks to warrant his hype, I totally agree. But, that point could have been made with a simple post. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I explained it in my first post. I'll try one more time here:

Turnovers happen pseudorandomly. In other words, in this context, while it is reasonable to expect better defensive backs to get more interceptions over some prolonged interval of time (a full season, in the case of your poll) than worse defensive backs, it is meaningless to ask us to guess which games said interceptions will actually occur. 

If your only point is that Adams needs to get some picks to warrant his hype, I totally agree. But, that point could have been made with a simple post.  

Fun Fact: Eric Smith, a career scrub who was horrible in coverage, had 2 INTs in his rookie season

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Also true, and yet again, also not quite relevant to the discussion at hand. 

Ofcourse it's relevant.  Adams never having an interception is almost as bad as Yinka Dare the nba player from the 90s never having an assist

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Preseason means absolutely nothing that said I am very pleased with what I saw from Sam in limited action.

I go back to the 2012 preseason when we didn't score a single touchdown but then blew out the Bills week 1 with Buttfumblechez at qb

Sam produced 2 TDs, was constantly put in bad down & distance situations but always kept his cool. The defense has only given up FGs & while we're all lamenting the bend but don't break defense, that's literally a hallmark of that Pats defense in New England. 

I think once the field shrinks it really helps Adams, Lee, Williamson ect. You can have great reaction time but with so much real estate to cover it doesn't matter. But in the Redzone great instincts can keep you around the ball much faster. 

Let me also say, Skrine had incredible coverage on 2 plays where the WR made a great play. In this league you gotta remember everyone gets payed to make plays. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Ofcourse it's relevant.  Adams never having an interception is almost as bad as Yinka Dare the nba player from the 90s never having an assist

Eh, not really. We are talking about one season - not exactly the biggest sample size. If your argument, for example, is that Eric Smith was a better safety after one year than Jamal Adams is now because of two interceptions, then I'll let that sublime silliness speak for itself. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sam produced 2 TDs, was constantly put in bad down & distance situations but always kept his cool. The defense has only given up FGs & while we're all lamenting the bend but don't break defense, that's literally a hallmark of that Pats defense in New England. 

I think once the field shrinks it really helps Adams, Lee, Williamson ect. You can have great reaction time but with so much real estate to cover it doesn't matter. But in the Redzone great instincts can keep you around the ball much faster. 

Let me also say, Skrine had incredible coverage on 2 plays where the WR made a great play. In this league you gotta remember everyone gets payed to make plays. 

I think Skrine is going to have a good year.  He's a very easy guy to read his face and he looks focused.

Just now, slimjasi said:

Eh, not really. We are talking about one season - not exactly the biggest sample size. If your argument, for example, is that Eric Smith was a better safety after one year than Jamal Adams is now because of two interceptions, then I'll let that sublime silliness speak for itself. 

I don't think Eric Smith was better I do think Adams is a glorified version of what Eric Smith was and to me using a top 10 draft pick on that is laughable

Just now, Philc1 said:

I don't think Eric Smith was better I do think Adams is a glorified version of what Eric Smith was and to me using a top 10 draft pick on that is laughable

You may be right or you may be totally wrong. It's too early to say. Personally, I suspect that Adams will end up being a considerably better player than Eric Smith. But, that's only a suspicion. Let's talk in a couple more years. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Stephen Hill had two TD’s that game. I really thought he was going to be a good player. 

Archived