Would You Make This Trade?

KRL

JAX best receiver, Marquise Lee got carted off in their last game.  It
appeared to be a season ending injury, would you make this offer to
JAX:

Robby Anderson & Teddy Bridgewater for
Dante Fowler & 4th rounder

I’m waiting for Jerry Jones to panic and come calling. The Cowboys have become pretty talent-poor and have absolute zero behind Dak Prescott at QB. And even Dak might suck. If you can extract a second rounder-plus out of Jones, those picks could be gold pretty soon. 

Trading jaxonville a potential franchise qb and a 750-1000 yard reciever for a guy they aren't going to resign next year and a fourth round pick. They would be big time winnners in that trade imo. We can probably get a second round pick at some point for teddy alone which could prove more valuable than Fowler.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, KRL said:

JAX:

Is that the deal you would do KRL? If so, I think you are selling short. I absolutely believe a team will be call regarding Teddy. 

Id offer a conditional 5th rd. pick for Fowler which can go as high as a 3rd if we resign him to a long term deal. Whether they get better offers for him, who knows. 

Teddy is our golden ticket for getting our 2nd rd. pick back. Stay strong.?

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is that the deal you would do KRL? If so, I think you are selling short. I absolutely believe a team will be call regarding Teddy. 

Id offer a conditional 5th rd. pick for Fowler which can go as high as a 3rd if we resign him to a long term deal. Whether they get better offers for him, who knows. 

Teddy is our golden ticket for getting our 2nd rd. pick back. Stay strong.?

Just throwing it out there for some debate

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Just throwing it out there for some debate

I'd think to even begin to get people on the "yes" side of the fence (of which I am def not even for a 2nd)  you'd prob need to change that 4th to a 2nd

1 hour ago, KRL said:

JAX:

Yes, but I wouldn't be excited about it.

The Jets get a pass rusher who will almost assuredly disappoint here under Bowles "scheme".  And a draft pick we'll waste as we waste almost every draft pick since Macc came aboard.

We lose our "#1" WR, a limited skillset guy tbqh whom I've never held in high regard as a legit #1, and our backup QB (whom most here cannot wait to get rid of so Darnold will not have any competition or backup of any kind on the roster).

Would the trade solve problems?  Knowing Bowles...nope.  We'll still suck at rushing the passer.

Would it create problems?  Yep, because a team full of #2 and #3 WR players needs every decent body it can get for it's rookie (and now not backed up) QB prospect.

The D might be slightly stronger, the O slightly weaker.  Hell, saying that, I'm shocked Bowles and Macc haven't already made that trade.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They could just sign dez for free.

Dez is looking for multiple millions for a single season.  He is not free.

Anderlols is still on his rookie (Undrafted Free Agent) contract I believe.  He is ultra-cheap.

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Hell no. 

Jax has a rookie WR that profiles like Robby in DJ Chark anyway.

And I think Jacksonville's best receiver was going to be Keelan Cole whether Lee got hurt or not.

Jax also has Dede Westbrook, keelan Cole and donte moncrief. I don't think they're looking to add another decent wr. 

I think their problem starts and ends with bortles.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m waiting for Jerry Jones to panic and come calling. The Cowboys have become pretty talent-poor and have absolute zero behind Dak Prescott at QB. And even Dak might suck. If you can extract a second rounder-plus out of Jones, those picks could be gold pretty soon. 

Well they had the Sanchize. What more could they want?!?

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dez is looking for multiple millions for a single season.  He is not free.

Anderlols is still on his rookie (Undrafted Free Agent) contract I believe.  He is ultra-cheap.

I meant they don't have to give up any players or picks for him. I doubt they have much interest in trading for a back up qb on a 1 year deal either.

The Bridgwater to Jax idea never made any sense to me.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

JAX:

I don’t like this trade. Fowler is a problem child and Bridgewater alone should have equal value. Robbie will not put up numbers as good as last season but he is still very valuable to this offense as he is a legitimate deep threat.

His value is opening up the underneath for our awesome possession receivers like Enunwa and Kearse. Also helps all the “B-team” receivers at TE and RB. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I meant they don't have to give up any players or picks for him. I doubt they have much interest in trading for a back up qb on a 1 year deal either.

The Bridgwater to Jax idea never made any sense to me.

where just hoping jags already regret giving bortles that extra 54 million this offseason. . 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

JAX:

What do we think Sam Darnold would say?  

Whats more important for Darnold, 8 or so sacks or a 1,000 yard type WR with 8-10 TDs in him?

We went from Teddy for Fowler to adding Robbie for a 4th? 

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Let's play the game this way. Would you trade Leo and Teddy to Oakland for Mack and a 4th?

I love Leo as a Jet.  He personifies everything you want a player to be.  Always hustling.  Always smiling.  Seems to be a great guy, a great teammate, and a great player.  I hope he is a Jet for life and goes on to have his uni retired here if not more. 

But yes, given that we have the cap room to pay Mack, I would do that trade.

Archived