Would You Make This Trade?

KRL

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m waiting for Jerry Jones to panic and come calling. The Cowboys have become pretty talent-poor and have absolute zero behind Dak Prescott at QB. And even Dak might suck. If you can extract a second rounder-plus out of Jones, those picks could be gold pretty soon. 

Dallas looked atrocious last night, their special teams were actually worse than ours!....well at least equally bad.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What do we think Sam Darnold would say?  

Whats more important for Darnold, 8 or so sacks or a 1,000 yard type WR with 8-10 TDs in him?

We went from Teddy for Fowler to adding Robbie for a 4th? 

Yeah, I don't get it. 

Teddy doesn't have a lot of value for the Jets as a backup who will not be retained beyond this season, but he's immediately in the mix to start for Jax. At the very least, the move would put Bortles on the hot seat in the most important position in sports. 

Jax is already done with Fowler, and would probably take any deal that isn't too embarrassing. While the Jets are desperate for a pass rusher, they're probably less likely to want to extend Fowler than Jax would be when it comes to extending Teddy. 

If the trade talks start at Teddy for Fowler, it should eventually become Fowler + added value for Teddy, not the other around. 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dallas looked atrocious last night, their special teams were actually worse than ours!....well at least equally bad.

Dallas is atrocious without Dak/Zeke and half their oline. Then again, I am not sure what team wouldn't be atrocious without their most important players. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I love Leo as a Jet.  He personifies everything you want a player to be.  Always hustling.  Always smiling.  Seems to be a great guy, a great teammate, and a great player.  I hope he is a Jet for life and goes on to have his uni retired here if not more. 

But yes, given that we have the cap room to pay Mack, I would do that trade.

Minus your last sentence

Oscar Madison.jpg

ef623b6323e5e8011c55d9543c1669ef.jpg

5 hours ago, KRL said:

JAX best receiver, Marquise Lee got carted off in their last game.  It appeared to be a season ending injury, would you make this offer to JAX :

Robby Anderson & Teddy Bridgewater for Dante Fowler & 4th rounder

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

4 hours ago, ljr said:

I'd think to even begin to get people on the "yes" side of the fence (of which I am def not even for a 2nd)  you'd prob need to change that 4th to a 2nd

That was my initial thought but with Macc's  rep with 2nd round picks maybe not.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, but I wouldn't be excited about it.

The Jets get a pass rusher who will almost assuredly disappoint here under Bowles "scheme".  And a draft pick we'll waste as we waste almost every draft pick since Macc came aboard.

We lose our "#1" WR, a limited skillset guy tbqh whom I've never held in high regard as a legit #1, and our backup QB (whom most here cannot wait to get rid of so Darnold will not have any competition or backup of any kind on the roster).

Would the trade solve problems?  Knowing Bowles...nopeWe'll still suck at rushing the passer.

Would it create problems?  Yep, because a team full of #2 and #3 WR players needs every decent body it can get for it's rookie (and now not backed up) QB prospect.

The D might be slightly stronger, the O slightly weaker.  Hell, saying that, I'm shocked Bowles and Macc haven't already made that trade.

:rolleyes:   Then why did you say "yes" to the trade ?

I would use it to gauge the interest in Bridgewater, make some calls see if you could do better.  In that scenario however, I would start by asking for a 1st rounder in the hopes you could land a 2nd rounder, since Jax is probably going the playoffs again and it would be a lower one anyway.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m waiting for Jerry Jones to panic and come calling. The Cowboys have become pretty talent-poor and have absolute zero behind Dak Prescott at QB. And even Dak might suck. If you can extract a second rounder-plus out of Jones, those picks could be gold pretty soon. 

Not very realistic.

Has any team ever given up a 2nd round pick for a backup QB? That's insane.

13 hours ago, KRL said:

JAX best receiver, Marquise Lee got carted off in their last game.  It
appeared to be a season ending injury, would you make this offer to
JAX:

Robby Anderson & Teddy Bridgewater for
Dante Fowler & 4th rounder

Not in a million years.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:52 AM, KRL said:

JAX:

You, I assume, are a Jax fan.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:52 AM, KRL said:

JAX:

Dante is a FA next year. So is TB. At the very least, TB for Dante is a push. Robby for a 4th? No way. 

On 8/27/2018 at 6:10 AM, nycdan said:

I love Leo as a Jet.  He personifies everything you want a player to be.  Always hustling.  Always smiling.  Seems to be a great guy, a great teammate, and a great player.  I hope he is a Jet for life and goes on to have his uni retired here if not more. 

But yes, given that we have the cap room to pay Mack, I would do that trade.

I would yes, I think Leo is a good but not great player, similar in performance to MO, but does not have great game impact. I would rather trade Adams though.

No to the trade.

One thing worth watching is Darnold’s chemistry with Robby. An offense always needs a guy that can take the top off but if Darnold prefers Enunwa, Kearse and the TEs, it may not be worth investing in a volatile receiver. That decision is at least a year away though. 

Archived