Daily Fantasy Sports Question

Maxman

I will through this out to the group and see what everyone thinks. We were asked if we wanted a free DFS site that would have the JetNation branding. The pitch was that we could have our own leagues etc. This is part of football fanatics, so it is legit.

As I dug a little deeper, there are fees that the site would have to pay. Nothing crazy, it is in the $500 range.

But before I consider it, I wanted to ask, do you think you would signup and play in any JetNation sponsored contests. It is okay if it is a no, I am just curious because I don't want to spend money on it if there is no interest. Full disclosure, this is an affiliate agreement, so JetNation would make a % off anyone that played.

It would look something like this with our branding:  https://www.thecffsitedfs.com/contests

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Depends on how much the fee is and what the payout is 

I only played once, drafted Adrian Peterson in his rookie season and did pretty well 

The draft would have to be at night or on the weekend I normally can't play on my phone during the day 

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I will through this out to the group and see what everyone thinks. We were asked if we wanted a free DFS site that would have the JetNation branding. The pitch was that we could have our own leagues etc. This is part of football fanatics, so it is legit.

As I dug a little deeper, there are fees that the site would have to pay. Nothing crazy, it is in the $500 range.

But before I consider it, I wanted to ask, do you think you would signup and play in any JetNation sponsored contests. It is okay if it is a no, I am just curious because I don't want to spend money on it if there is no interest. Full disclosure, this is an affiliate agreement, so JetNation would make a % off anyone that played.

It would look something like this with our branding:  https://www.thecffsitedfs.com/contests

Thanks.

I'd play.

I once won FanDuel against @Pac and Angelo @Gastineau Lives when Alex Smith, for no reason at all, threw a garbage time TD to Jeremy Maclin on a Monday Night. I remember taking myself out for a steak dinner with that sweet $400. I remember telling the waiter, “You see this medium rare ribeye? I ripped this steak from the mouths of douches.” It was epic. Awkward, but epic.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I once won FanDuel against @Pac and Angelo @Gastineau Lives when Alex Smith, for no reason at all, threw a garbage time TD to Jeremy Maclin on a Monday Night. I remember taking myself out for a steak dinner with that sweet $400. I remember telling the waiter, “You see this medium rare ribeye? I ripped this steak from the mouths of douches.” It was epic. Awkward, but epic.

How are you not a Vegan??

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What did you tell the hooker?

I am leaning towards doing this. I got the contract and we can do private contests. So this would be a way for us to do the JetNation only league that we wanted the last few years.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am leaning towards doing this. I got the contract and we can do private contests. So this would be a way for us to do the JetNation only league that we wanted the last few years.

I think I’m interested and I could research this myself, but what would be the buy in cost and the prizes? 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think I’m interested and I could research this myself, but what would be the buy in cost and the prizes? 

That would all be up to us for the most part. We could create $2 leagues, $10 leagues, whatever. We set the # of participants. If one fills up we can do another one.

It looks to me like the company takes around 15% of the prize pool, but I will confirm that. I just setup a call with them at 2pm tomorrow.

Definitely is an interesting concept giving us control and the cost to us isn't that bad $500 per year. As long as we bring in something close to that in commission I am down. I just don't want to have to pay for @Gastineau Lives love for DFS.  :)

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That would all be up to us for the most part. We could create $2 leagues, $10 leagues, whatever. We set the # of participants. If one fills up we can do another one.

It looks to me like the company takes around 15% of the prize pool, but I will confirm that. I just setup a call with them at 2pm tomorrow.

Definitely is an interesting concept giving us control and the cost to us isn't that bad $500 per year. As long as we bring in something close to that in commission I am down. I just don't want to have to pay for @Gastineau Lives love for DFS.  :)

Agreed. Angelo is disgusting.

I think the issue is that using that site for DFS just adds another to whatever DFS site you regularly use as well as whatever season-long fantasy sites you are using.  It just gets way too busy hopping among so many multiple host sites.

Anyway... I'm trying to wrap up my season-long needs now... I only begin to think about DFS after all my season-longs are set and drafted.  Speaking of which.....  see my link below if you are looking to add one more fantasy team to your season-longs.  I need another one (or three) GMs to make a 10 (or 12) team league.  

So the company that pitched this to me (big company), they missed the call we scheduled on Wednesday afternoon. Told him I was available today, they never called.  Considering they want money that is a weird sales pitch on their part.

So I did a call with them today, got more info. Everything sounds pretty good so we are going to give it a shot. I don't think we will have the site setup for week one, but it should be good to go for week two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:26 PM, Maxman said:

So I did a call with them today, got more info. Everything sounds pretty good so we are going to give it a shot. I don't think we will have the site setup for week one, but it should be good to go for week two.

Any update?

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Any update?

Yes, we are moving forward with this. I had to negotiate different terms. They wanted a lot of money and I told them I am happy to try this out but it has to be risk free. So that is what we are doing, we should be up and running for week three. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

So this company was giving me weekly updates each time saying it was a week away. Haven't heard from them in two weeks.

At this point it is going to be a pass from us, not worth it if they can't deliver now there is no reason to believe they will deliver later.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, but I think we are better off passing on this now and revisiting something like this before next season.

Archived