C Mart

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Since SAR I is banned I’ll post the following on his behalf:

Chad Pennington himself would be proud 

<insertPenningtonthrowingliteralduck>

I would take Chad all day over Bradford. Chad won games and made the playoffs, and won there. Bradford just collects money.

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets have the 4 million to pay irvin.  I bet they bring him in to evaluate him for the rest of the season and see if he can be a pass rusher for us next year.

If he gets to the Jets. Someone above them my claim him first. 

56 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Hebert??

I find myself rooting for the Giants to lose out and swipe the #1 pick from the Raiders.  Because even the Giants getting Herbert would be okay if it meant watching Gruden blow his whole team up for a guy and then despite having all those picks, not being able to get him.  

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/3/18, 5:52 PM

Raiders told Bruce Irvin they will release him, as ⁦‪@VicTafur‬⁩ reported, but Irvin was not on today’s NFL wire, meaning he now cannot be released until 4 pm Monday. If and when he is, he then will go on waivers.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/3/18, 5:52 PM

Raiders told Bruce Irvin they will release him, as ⁦‪@VicTafur‬⁩ reported, but Irvin was not on today’s NFL wire, meaning he now cannot be released until 4 pm Monday. If and when he is, he then will go on waivers.

Where do we stand position wise on waiver claims? Thanks 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I find myself rooting for the Giants to lose out and swipe the #1 pick from the Raiders.  Because even the Giants getting Herbert would be okay if it meant watching Gruden blow his whole team up for a guy and then despite having all those picks, not being able to get him.  

No way. Giants blood before Raiders. I’d love to see Gruden fall flat on his face but not before the vagiants. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

3 sacks so far this season. 15 sacks the past two seasons. 

He’d be aiming for the Jets Ring of Honor if he did that here. 

With mack next to him

was just reading something about his production falling as the primary rusher and that he annoyed the raiders when he said after a loss that he was OK because he was going home to his beautiful wife

also not a great sign that nobody traded for him during the firesale

he's an expensive version of Jenkins at this point

With mack next to him
was just reading something about his production falling as the primary rusher and that he annoyed the raiders when he said after a loss that he was OK because he was going home to his beautiful wife
also not a great sign that nobody traded for him during the firesale
he's an expensive version of Jenkins at this point

No one cuts quality pass rushers. Sometimes you have to hit the scrap heap to find one that can contribute anything in that area. I’m fine with signing him.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one cuts quality pass rushers. Sometimes you have to hit the scrap heap to find one that can contribute anything in that area. I’m fine with signing him.

He'll probably wind up as a situational rusher on a contender

I doubt anyone puts a claim in but anything can happen.

I wouldn't be against it but I think we just need realistic expectations about what he is now

He'll probably wind up as a situational rusher on a contender

I doubt anyone puts a claim in but anything can happen.

I wouldn't be against it but I think we just need realistic expectations about what he is now

For sure. Lowered expectations for him at his age. But with only 25 players currently signed for 2019, we need bodies to evaluate.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Risk vs Reward 

If the price is right 

There is no risk in picking him up, only reward since he doesn't have any future cap ramifications moving forward if he doesn't work out.. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure. Low expectations. But with only 25 players currently signed for 2019, we need bodies to evaluate.

You know it's funny.

After the mack trade, Cooper trade and bell situation I was thinking that I always seem to find a reason not to bring these guys in.

Too old expensive, whatever

You're right

The Jets need to start getting talent at key positions

Now!

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

32 in a few weeks and not part of the future. Just ride the suck wave all the way to Bowles being fired. F it. 

Or this. I didn't realize he was that old but he'd still be our best passrusher this year and probably the next two if Mac stays around. It costs only unspent cap dollars this year, so I say why not? 

You know it's funny. After the mack trade, Cooper trade and bell situation I was thinking that I always seem to find a reason not to bring these guys in.

Too old expensive, whatever

You're right

The Jets need to start getting talent at key positions

Now!

Yep. Saying no to every player because we need that money for other players can get old, fast.

I really wouldn’t have been opposed at all to trading for Khalil Mack and giving him QB money. Then maybe trade away some other pieces to recoup some pick(s) back. Build the O around Darnold, D around Mack.

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

32 in a few weeks and not part of the future. Just ride the suck wave all the way to Bowles being fired. F it. 

CL every team needs a few veterans on it we need some kind of a pass rush and our DL hasn't been all that great this season. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

CL every team needs a few veterans on it we need some kind of a pass rush and our DL hasn't been all that great this season. 

I hear ya but I just want Bowles to rot at all costs. We need change and then to build. Next offseason would be better if we are desperate. I won’t be upset at all if we sign him but would rather not. 

Archived