NFL Transactions

C Mart

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, meant to mention, Thai Jet...   that I went to university and lived in Buffalo, NY 1985-2000.

Lucky you. You escaped but I'm still trapped here. lol  Been here since 1976 when I left Cairo, NY for a different chemistry job.

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Lucky you. You escaped but I'm still trapped here. lol  Been here since 1976 when I left Cairo, NY for a different chemistry job.

they have chem jobs in norcal too, i bet...  ;-)

Am quite fond of Buffalo. Tryna solidify plans for visiting next summer 

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

they have chem jobs in norcal too, i bet...  ;-)

Am quite fond of Buffalo. Tryna solidify plans for visiting next summer 

Nah I'm retired now. Plan on buying a winter home outside Vegas ( Primm ? ) . I have friends in Hesperia which is right down I 15. Hopefully you'll get out here next summer and if time permits perhaps we can grab a cup of coffee. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Think the issue with him has been really short kickoffs. Our specials are bad enough. 

Martin has done fine on kickoffs in preseason with the Browns.

Myers is clearly the guy with the strongest leg - he booms his kickoffs. But he is also shaky on fieldgoal accuracy.

If we could merge Myers and Martin, you'd have an ideal blend of kick-off power and FG accuracy.

Bertolet, I think, sealed his fate with the EP miss last week. Tough break for him.

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Martin has done fine on kickoffs in preseason with the Browns.

Myers is clearly the guy with the strongest leg - he booms his kickoffs. But he is also shaky on fieldgoal accuracy.

If we could merge Myers and Martin, you'd have an ideal blend of kick-off power and FG accuracy.

Bertolet, I think, sealed his fate with the EP miss last week. Tough break for him.

Agree. Missing an extra pt. by 35 feet, wide right, is tough to overcome.

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Players with four accrued seasons in the NFL that are released will become free agents immediately. Those with less than four years of tenure will be subject to waivers, giving other teams the chance to claim them.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏  @RapSheet 

Sources: The #Rams and DT Aaron Donald are in agreement on a massive and long-awaited contract extension worth more than $22M per year.

Took them long enough, if they get off to a slow start it's all management's fault.
Because there's no way Brandin Cooks & Todd Gurley should've gotten contracts
before Donald

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Took them long enough, if they get off to a slow start it's all management's fault.
before Donald

How the hell is this Rams team under the freaking cap? 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Pushing everything into future years.  Their window is essentially this year and next.  

Very volatile squad with guys like Suh, Peters and Talib if it doesn't work it'll be like the PHI

"dream team" of a couple of years ago

This is where very shrewd NFL GMs start making their money,  As more of these monster contracts come along good players with a bit higher cap #'s than teams like should become available for trade on the cheap.  Each time a high profile team signs a huge deal teams like the jets with a lot of cap room should be looking at medium dollar good players they might be able to pry from these teams.

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

before Donald

You have to know what you have left in the bank after all the smaller bills are paid to make a huge investment. Also helps knowing how to structure the mammoth contract after all the preliminary one's are done. IMHO

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Very volatile squad with guys like Suh, Peters and Talib if it doesn't work it'll be like the PHI

"dream team" of a couple of years ago

For sure, new stadium opens next year though.  If it doesn’t work they get rid of the Suhs, Talibs, Peters and Cooks.  Keep the core and get new fringe players.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

For sure, new stadium opens next year though.  If it doesn’t work they get rid of the Suhs, Talibs, Peters and Cooks.  Keep the core and get new fringe players.  

I think that's the most important piece. They have an excellent young core of players between Donald, Gurley, Goff, Kupp & most importantly McVay 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The next CBA should outright bury the salary cap. It’s ruining the sport. 

You must have a salary cap.  It is essential imo.  Leagues without meaningful caps like baseball and basketball suck awfully if you ask me.

Archived