NYC Comedy Festival - Seating at MSG

Gas2No99

Question for anyone who's gone to a Comedy show at MSG.

What is the stage setup so as to get good seats? 

The diagram makes it seem as it's a 360 degree stage with seating all around?

78649s.gif

I can't gage which side the stage and performer will be facing.

I was invited to a Aziz Ansari show at MSG a few years back but I don't recall the set up exactly but it seemed the stage was where the Sections  07-08-09 are in the diagram. - so it was further back. They had a similar setup for the stage back there for the GnR shows in Oct'17 last fall.

Has anyone attended a show with this stage setup and can recommend the best viewing angle to see the performer head-on? 

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

It's to see Bill Burr. 

• 2 months later...

So YES it was a ROUND stage which had him walking in circles. Not a bad seat in the house, but Burr did admit that it took him a while to learn how to face the crowd properly and evenly while not being blinded by the moving lights. 

It was a good 2 hour show and he had the floor, 100s, and 200s section PACKED. 

Very big venue for a comedian, Curious how it is so let us know after the show

Sebastian Maniscalco is also doing the Garden and I believe he sold out at least one show. For a comic that is a HUGE payday !

Back in the first couple of years of this Garden, they had concerts with a revolving stage like the one in the Westbury Music Fair (or whatever sponsored name they have now).  We saw Jimi like that. He played with a wall of Marshalls in series so when he came around to face you, all you heard was a deafening din.

Archived