JetsFanatic

Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

Draft picks in the plural?  Perhaps not bad.  Surprised though and a bit of a gamble.  Beachum stays hurt and Wolford is your new started by mid season.

Amazing though that teams are now doing what I have said teams should be doing for years.  If your team is good make sure you have a good backup in case the starter gets hurt because the season is not lost.

• Upvote 1

Lorenzo mauldin/Adarius stewart for Bridgewater....yay!  😀

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, thshadow said:

If it's "another element" that's not announced yet - it seems like it has to be another player (who hasn't been told yet).

If they have an abundance of olineman in camp and we picked up a depth guy that would be good.  Maybe they have a vet making $ and want to smooth the cap by giving back some cap dollars? one can only wish.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4. Good chance having Bridgewater go out there tomorrow night behind Qvale gets him broken into tiny little pieces. 

Qvale is our new starting LT we can't have him out there tomorrow in case he gets hurt.  Sheeeeshhh some people and their doom and gloom.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Great move by Mac. Brilliantly played out. Love the timing also. No reason to put any more additional pressure on Darnald. Sam will go into the season knowing fully it is his team and if/when he has a  setback, there will be no looming Bridewater for knee jerk fans to scream for. Third rounder for a player that was insurance if we were not in a position to draft a QB. Brilliant, now draft some OLine help in 2019!

The bolded part is the most important.

• Post of the Week 1

I'm happy with the trade but would have preferred to keep the 6th.  The patience thing is a thought as some team will lose a starter early and then we may have been able to get more.  I am not worried at all about bridgewater making us look bad with a stellar 10 year career though.

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would have liked to see us get more for Bridgewater, but cannot complain about a 3.  Yes, we probably could have held onto him into the season up to the deadline to see if a contender loses a starter, but that strategy is not without its own risk.  Teddy has missed two years due to a major knee injury.  So far, he has not played more than a half of football and taken a handful of hits.  Nobody, not Macc, not the Saints, nobody knows how the knee will hold up over the long haul.  Any kind of setback would have destroyed his trade value.  We took a 3 now for the cost of Teddy and a 6.  It may be below market for a 25 year-old back-up with starter potential, but it is an asset in hand.  Making the deal now also frees up a roster spot which has some, albeit limtied, value.

I would have preferred to wait to see if we could get more, but a day 2 pick is a valuable asset.  Lets just hope Macc makes good use of it.

Always ruining my morning coffee.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to your extensive film study?

Doesn't sound like you hold him in very high regard either.

Then enlighten me, all knowing, all seeing Dominator.  

Doesn't sound like you hold him in very high regard either.

Or like 981,239,123 other nobody fifth tier QB's who were not named Romo or Warner and who never amounted to anything.

Let me be clear:  I want my team to have depth at QB.  Because we've been one of the very worst teams at QB during my lifetime.  I do not want McCown, he is a career loser and far too old.  I do not want Wolwhatever, because he is not considered a good prospect by anyone.  I would like a better QB to back up our supposedly "best in 1,000 years" prospect Darnold.

I don't care if you don't like it that I hold this opinion.  

Some of the points you have been making in these threads are valid re QB depth.  One thing you do a very poor job of is hiding your disdain for Darnold.  Who was your # 1 Qb in this past years draft?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company