JetsFanatic

Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

Great place for Teddy as backup to Brees and potential for future.  Hope we got at least a fourth with a conditional chance for 3 with playing time.

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Macc just bought a 3rd round pick for $500k.

Nice

Cheaper than what Cleveland paid for a second last year (what was it, 16 mil?).  Plus, it gave Sam a chance to learn something from Bridgewater too, not just McCown and his hair.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I feel like I called Bridgewater to the Saints but it’s also possible I hedged it by putting the Saints on a list next to another team like the Dolphins. I’m gonna pay myself on the back anyway. 

I’m happy with this but I still feel like we could’ve gotten more at a later date. Because buying a 3rd round pick for 1 million is cool but buying a second rounder for 6 million is cooler.

It is a risk because as the season starts there is no guarantee a team gets desperate or wants to pay that price.  QBs have to learn playbooks.   Plus, it is possible that Teddy remaining on the team causes a distraction in the form of start Teddy groups in the media/locker room, especially if Darnold struggles early.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company