JetsFanatic

Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

for a 3rd?! Take that and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun 

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 16m16 minutes ago

A part of the Jets-Saints trade for Teddy Bridgewater includes NYJ getting a third-round pick, per sources. There is another element to the deal though.

??  Could it be Jets get an additional pick if Saints resign TB as Brees eventual replacement?  

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If we are getting a player thrown in, I'll take OLB Hau'oli Kikaha or one of the Saints many OTs.

I'd love Peak but don't see that happening

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Holdout for more and if a starter is injured you have more leverage, what was the rush. 

Genuis GM?  No just a fan how about you someone who likes to personally attack others for their opinion. 

And by doing so take up a roster spot on the 53 man

IF no starter gets injured then what? Let him leave via FA?  Jets won't get a comp pick (in 2020 mind you) because with all their cap $$ they'll be signing more UFA's then losing next yr. 

Mcc can now use that 3rd to package, if necessary, for a pass rusher and / or OT within the next week

A 6th? Do people not realize we have drafted six players from the 6th round the past 2 drafts? (McGuire, Clark, Jones, Nicholson, Cannon & FF)

You can recoup a 6th by trading down a few slots in the 4th or 5th..

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

You're upset at giving up a 6th round pick? While getting a 3rd back? For a guy we picked up off the street? 

It truly is amazing how giving up a 6th round pick are putting people on the ledge...some jumping off it..

Never ceases to amaze me..Nevermind there's a chance Mcc could package a bubble DB,WR,TE over the next week for a 6th...or just trade down day 3 next yr and get a 6th or not even worry about considering they've picked 6 players from the 6th round the past two drafts... 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

correct. for better or worse.

For the better. Laughable if anyone sees differently.  

53 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Wow great deal for the Saints

i think he’s an upgrade over Brees right now, and will definitely be their QB of the future

meh for us 

am surprised Mac gave up a 6, he seems to really cover 6 and 7 rounders

Huh? Brees completed 72% of his passes last yr w/23 TDs and 8 INTs..LOL

meh for us?  How? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Yes you could have, but considering it is us, a 3rd is ok. You telling me Sam Bradford is better than Teddy? Phl got a #1 for the always injured stiff who is playing god knows where this season, and all we could garner was a 3rd? This is why I think we did this too soon. Devil's advocate would say what if no other QB gets hurt, we get nothing. To that I do agree, still have an empty feeling..

Bradford was on a 2 year deal. Big difference. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would love it if Macc would do the contracts and Heimerdinger would handle everything else. The guy is too valuable too lose IMO and will make someone a damned fine GM one day. Just hope its here.

Do you know what Mcc does day to day?What Heimerdinger does day to day?  

And I’d guess Heimerdingers first 1st round pick, 1st FA signing flop, 1st 7th round pick bust would be criticized like every other Jets GM. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Mr woody is just one man with an opinion like everyone else. No need to quote him. He is above noone

its not like keith richards chiming in on guitar advice

Oh brother. 🙄 

8 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

a 1st and a 3rd would likely get it done.   

When?  Because if that gets it done now, tomorrow or the weekend Mcc should be in Oakland now to personally sign the trade papers. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

The saints drafted 14, 12, and 11 the last three yrs. Might be closer to a high third rder than a 4 th

Saints traded up this past draft to take Davenport 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

That’s true but their other low draft picks they earned the hard way.    They also have to battle Atlanta and Carolina for the division title which won’t be easy

They have a very good team. Real good OL, RB, Brees and have really upgraded their D over the past couple of years..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m in the same boat. Making that extra roster spot that we need, no QB controversy(although I didn’t expect one just the media being jerks), getting value NOW to help fine Oline/pass rusher help and not blowing our chance when it’s not worth it to a team or too late in the year.

We were absolutely not getting a Comp pick but the Saints probably will if he leaves so it’s a good deal for both sides. 

I think they'll try and resign him and he takes over for Brees after 2019 season, if not before then (Brees retires, injury)....

image.png

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think you can cross off that $10.5M under "signing" for 2020. Pretty sure Brees counts that $10.5M against the cap that year if he's cut. 

That said, the Vikes are in a good position with Bridgewater. They now have him for a full season of evaluation, and will have the inside track to resign him before he hits free agency if they see him as a potential heir apparent. 

that was from spotrac. I should have included the notes

image.png

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company