JetsFanatic

Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

Well I didn't see that coming. Compensation can't be anything crazy coming from the Saints??

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Mack probably panicked and we got a 6 that could be a 5.

MAC GENIUS

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

In all honesty: I thought a solid TBW for a 2nd round pick was the going rate...that's what I wanted.  This is not that.

It's also basically a small insurance the Saints get SOMETHING in return in the end, in the event Bridgewater doesn't even resign with them. Which I doubt. I would think he tests free agency still. 

Pretty fair deal all around.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. Best of luck in his ongoing quest to play again to TB.  Since he is in the NFC, I have no reason to root against him unless he plays us.

2. The Jets now are very thin at QB other than Darnold.  We go from being a very strong young team at QB to a team one twisted kid thumb away from losing every single game the rest of the year.  Lets all hope Darnold is made of literal steel, and stays healthy throughout the 2018 season.  If he misses time, our 2018 season ends right then and there.

3. Compensation was about what I expected, maybe a little more, a high 4th Round net value.  Likely late 3rd rounder in, likely mid-to-high 6th rounder out.  Nets ~ an upper 4th value.  Not the 2nd or 1st some expected, but at least it's something, and not a 5th or worse.

4. Supposedly Darnold officially named starter, good news now.  I could have stomached TB playing a few "watch and learn kid" games before the shift to Darnold, but not McCown.

5. I hold out hope we cut this JAGy nobody currently at the #3 QB spot, and can hopefully sign another decent younger prospect QB at the least after camp cutdowns.  We'd be fools to go into a season with just a baby QB in Darnold and Josh McCown.  JMO.

6. The Jets last few Third Rounders:  Nathan Shephard, DE, Ft. Hays State, ArDarius Stewart, WR, Bama, Jordan Jenkins, LB, Georgia, Lorenzo Mauldin, LB, Louisville.

I'm just fine going with those two guys. Why use another roster spot on a 3rd QB? Use it somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Macc's 1st 2 draft/off-season were a nightmare.  Not much argument to be had there.

His last 2, in my opinion, have been very encouraging.  Whether that is thanks to Heimindinger or not, I don't know, but I do think things are trending in a positive direction.

They should do this.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They had a much better team and didn’t have a rookie QB. They were also lucky as ****. 

Its a stupid ******* trade for this team to make.

Next?

Hey, you never know. Darnold's play can push this team to a wildcard spot. Good rookie QB seasons have pushed so so teams into the playoffs right off the bat. And having a guy like Mack in the playoffs would be quite helpful. 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:57 AM, jgb said:

Still say mistake to trade bridge although darnold looks good so no harm no foul 

Nah. I think it was the right choice. I guess at the time it was risky not knowing we have in Darnold. But they believed in him and getting back a 3rd is too good an offer to pass up for a guy on a one year deal. Especially seeing Flacco being traded for a 4th. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company